1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I just ran across a copy of the Rumble Club member list I first received from @Linnin when I took over guardianship of the member list. It is dated 8/15/2016. I can't believe I've been doing this for 3 years. Oh, well, time flies, etc. etc. etc.

2. BlitzCraig

BlitzCraig

Sep 28, 2018
    Yeah, it's the 100 - not sure what I'm going to do with the 40 yet tbh... I didn't really need anything bigger, this was just TOO good a deal to pass up :)

MCF, Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  3. BlitzCraig

BlitzCraig

Sep 28, 2018
    Y'all do have me curious now though lol

I definitely need to connect them, just to see how it sounds/feels -- couple methods mentioned already... Any definite no-nos to avoid?

Also, just for fun - I know the 100 is not 150% louder than the 40 (lazy math/guess tells me around 50% maybe?) - what about them both together? Seems like it'd be easily louder than, say, a 200 by itself, right?
    May keep 'em both in case I need a lot of volume somewhere along the way...

G-Dog, Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  4. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Prolly not louder, maybe fuller? But[important(?) thought coming], how often do any of us actually 'dime' these things? Me? Never!:rollno:

dbbltime, Tad, JPDsma and 4 others like this.
  5. dORSY

dORSY

Mar 21, 2019
    Hungary
    I think it's more important if You like the sound coming out of it/them or not. I bet You will :)

6. I am really liking the 200c fwiw! Played a little open mic with it last night and for whatever reason it is easier for me to hear on stage than the 500c. The guitarist, who owns the 500c we rehearse with, thinks the 200c has more midrange or something (this is with the vintage button and just about everything set at noon with the bass slightly rolled off). He likes the way it sounds better than the 500 too.

But am thinking it would be nice to get something small for practice. The 200c is crammed into a small room at home and I can barely turn it up at ALL because it makes the room, well, rumble.

So many good deals on the 25c!

MCF, OldFunBass, Aaron Houts and 4 others like this.
  7. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Get a 40. It has the same preamp as all the Rumbles from the 40 to the 500. That is what I use and it works quite well.

8. @Gravedigger Dav yeah I think I will. next paycheck! I have to curb my enthusiasm and all.

MCF, Aaron Houts, JPDsma and 3 others like this.
  9. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I use one of these to rehearse on a concrete floor. The band likes it because I don’t have to turn up very much and we can run the songs at lower volume with better clarity. Since it helps decouple a concrete floor, I expect it to help some on wood also. I don’t have one,
    but I expect the mudstand would be better on wood.

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  10. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Fun with dyslexia. My first reading was mustard would be better on wood. Isn't that silly. Everyone knows mayo is better on wood.

11. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Well, that reminds me of my recent trips down the Rumble Lane. I have the 200C with the 1-15 extension cab and had a 25C for practice in my RV. I found the tone of the 25C a bit weak, perhaps due to the 8" driver and/or the tone I liked with the 200C. I was able to get a Studio 40 on sale at MF. It is slightly larger but weighs less than the 25C. With a few of their bonus points and the sale of the 25C for $75.00, I was able to get the Studio 40 for a little over $200.

The Studio 40 sports the same, small footprint but, with the 10" driver and modelling, it opened up a whole new world for me. I plan to connect it to the 200C (and 1-15 cab) and believe I might be in Rumble Heaven.

That's all I have for now ;).

MCF, randini, Aaron Houts and 8 others like this.
  12. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    My technical karma is bad this year.

My faithful Rumble 40 has now started to make nasty distorted noises whenever I hit a string on my bass just after turning it on. It goes away after the amp warms up, and it then works OK for the rest of the session. But the next time I fire it up the distortion returns.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is my Rumble toast?

Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  13. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Interesting. I have a 25 that is doing exactly what you describe. I don't know if it gets better after a while because I never let it go that long. Currently it is sitting in the hall working as a dust catcher. Tomorrow I'll plug it in and let it warm up and let you know if that happens.

14. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I have a nasty feeling that it may be the beginning of the end for this amp. I’ve had it for going on six years, so it’s well and truly out of warranty, and I doubt if it’s economical to fix, if it’s fixable at all. I may have to bite the bullet and get a new one.

MCF, randini, Aaron Houts and 3 others like this.
  15. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Or do you just imagine these things to satisfy GAS? 1219181018-00.

randini, Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  16. getrhythm

getrhythm

Nov 2, 2015
    New Jersey
    Just an update:
    The amp now made a "noise" while running (without playing).
    I saw a damaged corner and gave the amp a little whack on its side and the noise went away, but there is obviously an issue with it now because of the fall.
    I contacted Fender customer service and their response?
    Paraphrasing here..."The amp is still under warranty (4 years old) but because the bag is only warrantied for 1 year and the damage is a result of the bag failing, I'm SOL."
    I think that's being very petty and cheap on their part.
    I'm very disappointed and won't consider Fender any longer for a replacement.

Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  17. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    Hello Rumblers. It looks like I may be joining your club here, which I have been aware for a long time. I am hoping this is a good decision on my part. Today I ordered a Rumble HD 800, and here is why. I've had lots of good amps over the years, and in most all of them there are two things that always happen - they are either not really my sound, and I can't dial in exactly what I want, or they are too feature rich which complicates the first problem even more. I was looking for a simple amp that gave a low, throaty tone with clarity, tightness and punch. I have also been simplifying my signal chain as well, such as too many pedals and onboard preamps that further complicate a basic good bass tone. I put my Sadowsky 5 string up for now as well as the pedal board and broke out both a passive Fender Jazz and Precision looking to go direct just to an amp. While looking for said amp I remembered how many people really love the Rumble (and this new model goes to 2ohms with headroom which I need both of). I looked up some sound samples and videos and thought that's it! Thats the sound I really like! To boot it has some good sounding overdrive that I can control levels on, and that Vintage switch sounded very nice as well. Love the basic controls and layout - even the knobs are done nicely for dark rooms.
    Anyway, that is where I am at now. It should get some live time this weekend through a Michael Arnopol Bodai 28, and maybe the Mas 18 as well, and the Jazz playing classic rock with some blues jams and country. This will be my first Fender amp experience personally, not for any other reason than I just never have crossed paths with them. Even though I have had name brand flavor of the month equipment, I am not a gear snob, I like things that sound good and keep operating night after night, which sounds like the Rumble does without worry. Pretty excited to give it a whirl.

MCF, OldFunBass, randini and 11 others like this.
  18. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    You might think that - I couldn’t possibly comment. :D

But seriously, I’d probably get the same amp again, since there’s nothing else at that price point that I like as much, so GAS doesn’t really figure into it. It’d be silly to have GAS for something you already have, right? :)

19. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    SO much Rumble goodness pouring forth! Where to start? ...

R500h + 2x410s!! At low volume!!?!! [gasp] Here's an idea to consider, maybe for soundcheck. Try with both 410s first, of course, 'cause day-um!, then compare with just the top 410, bottom cab unplugged, still looks and sounds massive, I'll bet. You might actually have finer control with just one cab, getting the Master Volume above 7-8 o'clock. Plus still get great dispersion from just the top cab. Just a thought . . .

That's definitely a great way to go, Davy, if he has an XLR-to-¼" cable! Otherwise, some people think FX Send to an input might hurt something, but not in this case! Don't remember who at Fender said it's OK, but it's probably in a Rumble Talk.

And you've been doing a fantastic job, too, Gravey! And I say, THANK YOU, VERY MUCH, on behalf of myself and the silent majority here. You're a gentleman and a scholar, and ever vigilant, despite the notifications not always working. :);):thumbsup:

Oh, yeah, definitely connect them! Either of those two connection methods mentioned is good. Beware the instrument cable from 100 FX Send to 40 input could give too much gain to the 40, if both are turned up. That's 140 watts together, like the 200 alone, but the 12” & 10" speakers give more SPL than the single 15", so it should feel a bit louder!

Get the 40, at least! Better yet, get the Studio 40, and daisy chain it to either the 200c or 500c!!! Da bomb!

Ketchup for me, please!

Sounds like a great deal, Souly! Congratulations!! The Studio also has a horn that the 25 doesn't, for wider range tone. The 200 can add a lotta volume to the Studio tone, for sure!

Almost six years!?! Wow, Jake! Did you go to Winter NAMM to pick it up as soon as these were announced as the new models??? :roflmao:

20. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    No, that’s a mistake, of course. Make that four years, not six. :)
    Thanks for spotting that, G-Dog - might be able to get a warranty repair after all!

UPDATE: I talked to the music store where I bought the amp, and found out that I bought it in July 2015. That makes it just over four years old, which puts it within the five years Norwegian consumer legislation allows for lodging a complaint about a defective product, so with any luck I'll be able to get it fixed, or get a replacement. They said to bring it in next week, so we'll see.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019