1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    That sounds like something that should be looked into by the nearest Authorized Fender Service Center.

MCF, Aaron Houts, G-Dog and 4 others like this.
  2. AJ on Bass

AJ on Bass

Dec 19, 2017
    Agreed, I have 4 Rumbles with the exact 3 buttons and have no issues. They all work as advertised. Definitely get the issue checked.

MCF, Aaron Houts, G-Dog and 6 others like this.
  3. Just an esthetic thing. But not a big deal one way or another.

Thanks for your enlightening post, JakobT! I appreciate it. It certainly made me realize that I didn't want to cut them off, for the reasons you gave. So I taped them under the amp...unseen, but still usable, if need be.

Thanks for this, too. I didn't know something like Cab-Link existed. Following your post, I educated myself...wow, seems like a really cool device!

John

Aaron Houts, GonePlaid and JakobT like this.
  4. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Just make sure your amp is turned off (not turned down, but turned off) whenever you’re plugging or unplugging cabinets.

MCF and Aaron Houts like this.
  5. babsobass

babsobass

Jan 10, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hello Rumble heads (and combos!). I have a question for you all. I bought a Rumble 100 a few months ago. It is primarily targeted to rehearsals, which it is excellent for - light and more than enough power for the acoustic duo (no drums) I play with from time to time.

The question is, do you think the 100 would be sufficient for an outdoor gig with the acoustic duo? They have pole-mounted PA speakers for vocals and guitars. When I've played with them in the past I've used a GK MB500 with a single 12 cab, no PA support for bass. I think this was plenty for outdoor with the duo, but I wonder what people think about the Rumble 100 in this same situation.

6. dORSY

dORSY

Mar 21, 2019
    Hungary
    I have done outdoor gigs with a r100, was fine and enough (2 guitars, a micro drumset/cajon, sax).

7. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Looking to replace the stock speaker in my Rumble 100. The Fender replacement 12 inch speakers listed online have only a 10oz standard Magnet which is dinky. I may put a 38oz Magnet Celestron or Eminence or a Basslite Neo.
    Who here has replaced the stock speaker and what was the result??? I replaced the one in my Rumble 40 with a Celestron pulse and it make a Big Difference.

Aaron Houts, dfp and alanloomis1980 like this.
  8. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    Gigged my Rumble 100 Friday and last night on a boat. Crummy picture, but you can sort of see it back there. I still really love this little combo. So convenient, light as a feather, and loud enough for any small room.

IMG_4903.

MCF, Aaron Houts, Rocker47 and 10 others like this.
  9. alanloomis1980

alanloomis1980 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Depends on how large the space is. I’ve played my 100 at an outdoor patio with seating for maybe 50; 100 was fine. I’ve played bigger lawns for 500, but 100 was into the PA. I was very glad I had the PA line. Granted, this was with electric guitar and mic’ed cajon, so you may be able to get by with less.

I also have a second Rumble 100. Hooked them both together for a smallish outdoor gig, with full drums, no PA line. Sounded great on stage, sound guy confirmed. So you could always get one, if it’s not enough get a second! 2x100 beats 200 in watts, surface area, and overall impressive looks. :cool:

10. alanloomis1980

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Nice! Curious, how large is the band? PA Line? I’m finding my 100 can do more than I ever thought possible! :thumbsup:

11. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    It's a Great Pic!!!!

Aaron Houts and LBS-bass like this.
  12. What's your opinion on the Vintage Button on the Rumble 500 in the mix?

Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  13. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    That's why I'd rather replace the stock speaker with a Basslite for more volume and overall sound than buy a Rumble 500v3. Anyone done this?

14. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    In this context there were four of us; lead and rhythm guitar, me, and a guest percussionist playing congas unamplified. Small space, don't need all the headroom on the amp here.

I have also used it in a room with full drums and a guitarist playing through a big Marshall stack, also in a small room (but not this small) and we were overpowered for that room. Did not have any problems keeping up with drums for stage volume, however in order to get that much power out of it I have to dime the master, crank the EQ knobs clockwise of center for extra volume, and keep the gain a bit higher than otherwise prefer. We also ran a line out for that one.

15. alanloomis1980

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    That’s kinda been my experience too. Normally we are a trio with cajon. 100 is plenty. Once in a while, he brings the kit; and I can hear myself, but it’s cranked a little higher than I’d like. Adding a second 100 in daisy chain fixed that right up! :smug:

16. alanloomis1980

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Yeah, I was considering this too. I know you were on the thread, sharing with the class:
    Fender Rumble V3 100 speaker up-grade ?

I was looking at the Emminence Beta 12A; simply because it’s $75 and I don’t want to put more than that into a $300 amp. But all speaker choices in the above thread had positive reviews; seems like you can’t go wrong!

17. babsobass

babsobass

Jan 10, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    It's more of a patio thing, with maybe 30-50 people. I think Ill take the R100 with me. It sounds like it'll do the job.

MCF, Aaron Houts, LBS-bass and 3 others like this.
  18. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Should be fine.:thumbsup:

19. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Thanks. $25 more for the Neo is OK with me to keep the weight about the same, otherwise you are adding about 5 pounds. Or I could get a second Rumble 100, or both. Hummmm

20. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Thanks for posting the old thread. Basslite it is. I mean, I was going to spend $600 so I'm saving $500 getting the speaker.

Stumbo, Aaron Houts, dfp and 4 others like this.