1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I believe you have struck on a common opinion here. Horns really don't do bass any favors.

bhendrix, MCF, Aaron Houts and 3 others like this.
  2. Rumble Tab.

Ohm's Law...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. AJ on Bass

AJ on Bass

Dec 19, 2017
    Hi, looking for thoughts or experiences using a Rumble only set up. I currently own a Rumble 500 combo, Rumble 210 cab, and a Rumble 500 head. Been using the Rumble 500 combo/210 for gigs (clubs/bars up to around 100 people). Not going direct with the Bass, so the Amp is FOH and monitoring, old school I guess. Going forward the combo will just be used in the rehearsal room. So, for gigging, the Rumble 500 head, Rumble 210 cab, and I will add one of these two:

Rumble 115 cab or a 410 cab

Whichever chosen will be the bottom of the stack due to the casters. My question, should I use the 115 cab, and save some weight, or go for the 410 cab and lug 62 lbs. around? I am an old fart, and appreciate light amps, as does my back!!! I play in a classic rock/hard rock cover band covering 70s-90s. Am I better off with 500W to 1 15 and 2 10s or 500W to 6 10s? Oh, better state I realize the 500W is split between the cabs before that debate gets going. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks, AJ

MCF, Aaron Houts, scottm and 2 others like this.
  4. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    I have both the 410 and the 115 and the 410 is a beast to move. Not so much because of the weight, but the size adds to the awkwardness of moving it. The 115 is pretty easy to move.

With that said, the 410 obviously is the louder cabinet.

-ScottM

MCF, chupacerveza and Aaron Houts like this.
  5. It is possible for the Rumble 500 v3 combo to power an external 210 and 410 at the same time? Safely?

John

chupacerveza and Aaron Houts like this.
  6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Small 100 people bars and you're in the PA? How loud is your band? Ear plugs, please!

You can get away with just using your amp and no speakers. Get a monitor feed for an IEM or a stage speaker monitor that can handle the bass.

If you stick with your rig, Really no need for another cab. Just put your rig up on a stand so you can hear it better.

Otherwise, I would go with another 2x10 for a 4x10 vertical stack. No real good reason to create unmatched cabs when you have a choice.

Also, add an hpf/lpf to control room boom, protect your speakers, reduce stage volume and increase clarity.

MCF, JPDsma, Tad and 4 others like this.
  7. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
  8. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Law and Disorder

9. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Many folks like a 2x10 and 1x15 pairing, many folks like a 2x10 and 2x10 pairing, but the second isn’t one of your options, so I’d go with the first. The idea is to have a pair, unless you’re just seeking maximum volume, in which case prepare your back for the 4x10... since you’re asking for opinions!

Of course you could also add a 1x12... that might be interesting from a flexibility perspective—although you didn’t indicate flexibility as a concern.

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  10. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Why would we remove the pull-tabs? It’s a feature, not a bug.

11. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yes, if they’re both 16 ohms or greater—or added via a Cab-Link or similar.

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  12. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    Has anyone tried the new "tech 21 yyz pedal" with a Rumble 500c?

Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  13. AJ on Bass

AJ on Bass

Dec 19, 2017
    Thanks to all for the comments, they are appreciated. The 210 cab does not have the pop up casters, and wanted a bottom unit with them. I decided to go with the Rumble 115 and save my back for playing, not carrying! I will post how the set up works out for my situation. AJ

MCF, Stumbo, Aaron Houts and 4 others like this.
  14. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    Well, as soon as I get an extra $199. I'll let you know.

15. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    What is "extra money"?

16. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    that's what I was getting at. lol

17. Tad

Tad Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    I’ve tried mine with the horns ON, at -6db, and OFF.

I prefer OFF.

18. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :thumbsup:

19. BlueP

BlueP

Jan 29, 2017
    Sydney
    I recently picked the 200 combo and since having it I am getting to really like it

Horn off for me ...

I like the contour and vintage options too

20. banksy_must

banksy_must

Sep 8, 2019
    first time poster. wondering if anyone here knows about or how to go about taking the bright contour and vintage completely away from the rumble 200 v3. i am having issues with these buttons that when engaged they go completely distorted or cut in and out a lot.

I have tested with 3 different basses. I have tested multiple patches, all the same result.

I have tested with just headphones into the headphone jack and still the same issue. if these buttons wiggle even a little bit they cause the amp to go haywire.

looking for any help.

Thanks

MCF, Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.