1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Let us know how it works out!

2. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    +1

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yesterday was the 'open mic/jam' at the local H-D dealer. Same rig as last time:LPB25/R200c. Didn't sound quite as good(settings close to the same on Rumble and bass).Hmm. Wassup? Ah! Horn switch got bumped to 'on' during setup. Switch 'off',:thumbsup: there it is.

MCF, Aaron Houts, Tad and 6 others like this.
  4. evlwevl

evlwevl

Jun 16, 2017
    Bakersfield
    I’d like a number, got my Rumble 100 3 years ago. Bought a Fender pj elite several months ago to go with it. Looking at going with maybe a head/cab soon.

5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

I see the Elite. Where's the Rumble?

MCF, Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  6. evlwevl

evlwevl

Jun 16, 2017
    Bakersfield
    BB748D9D-AA9A-4800-BB94-19240678D22D. 253DC71D-BB04-417F-9C9E-84152C33F8AD.
    She was camera shy that day
    Then my son thought it would be funny to borrow my stand

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Ah! Nice rig! That should get you a membership number as soon as Gravedigger Dav checks in. His day job keeps him busy.

I appreciate your son's humor, too. I've gotten quite a few questions here about the stringless Hofner bass with the whammy bar in the background of some of my photos! My grandkids left/leave it at my house. :roflmao:
    Rockband-Wii-The-Beatles-Rock-Band-Hofner-Bass.
    (not my photo)

MCF, Aaron Houts, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

BTW, evl, do you have a head/cab in mind? I think the Rumble 800 HD and Rumble 210 would certainly be a killer combination.

My Rumble "head/cab" is a Studio 40/500 combo.
    PSX_20190615_082507.

9. evlwevl

evlwevl

Jun 16, 2017
    Bakersfield
    That’s why I’m here. I have been playing with a surf rock group for about a year now. We are almost ready to start looking for gigs. I’m thinking the outdoor car show scene and just started eyeballing the rumble 800 last night. I’m not sure what cab to pair with and I haven’t tried any of them out at my local GC yet. I just know we probably won’t have a PA available so I’m just thinking ahead while still wanting to play other types of music as well. PS I’m 50 and don’t want to destroy my back lifting a heavy cab into the bed of my 4x4

10. thepapercut

thepapercut

Aug 6, 2019
    Thinking about selling my current rig, and downsizing to a Rumble 500 combo.

Anything I should be aware of when I search the used market?

11. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I’m not aware of any concerns besides finding a good deal...! Happy hunting!

12. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA

13. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

A. IMO, doing outdoor shows w/o PA support, the most/best Rumble rig for the bucks, and lightest for the back, is the Rumble 500 combo. Up to 350 watts through 2x10" speakers alone (one hand carry), or up to 500 watts through 4x10" in a vertical array two handed carry). Yes, the combo alone can handle outdoors w/o PA, depending on your band. I've done it with my loud Country cover band. If you think you need more than the combo alone, the 210 extension cab will get you there. If getting a used R500c just check that all the buttons work.

2. If you're set on head&cab, then the Rumble 800 HD is the head. Then a 210 cab for up to 400 watts, or two, or three, or four 210 cabs for 800 watts at great sound pressure levels! Or 2, 3, or 4 of the 115 cabs, if you can actually hear, and prefer, the difference from the 210s.

iii. Or the Rumble Stage 800, with all the different voices it has, or the ones you can make! Yeah, it's "only" 400 watts alone and needs one, or two, of the matching 210 cabs to reach 800 watts. But, it can certainly get you wherever you wanna be!

It's a great, flexible, Rumble world we live in!

MCF, J-Bassomatic, bhendrix and 5 others like this.
  14. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Two Rumble 115s. Light. Easy to move. Run the 800 on the 8/4 ohm setting. That head will handle up to 4 115s at 2 ohms (stable) if you'd like! If you can stand the SPL! :bassist:

I love the 15 in my 200 combo. Even though the cabs are different widths, I'm still gonna add a 115 to it.

15. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    WAIT!! :hyper:I can run 2 - 2x10 cabinets with my Stage 800??!!! I thought I was over my GAS.......:(

MCF, bhendrix, chupacerveza and 4 others like this.
  16. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Fender triplets! Pre-Rumble!

dfp, Bluzlvr, MCF and 8 others like this.
  17. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I had that exact Ibanez bass. Played great.

18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Uh, ... I thought we talked about this? But, I don't recall which 210 you actually got. Is it a stock Rumble 210, or the "custom cab" that was a Hartke and had the speakers replaced? If the custom, did you check the impedance? Anyways, you can only add another 8 ohm cab if your current cab is 8 ohms. If your current cab is 4 ohms, then you're maxed out already.

19. Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I have the stock Rumble 210 in all black.

20. Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I thought we had covered it as well, but this response threw me for a loop...