1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Do these settings work well with basses other than J basses? AKA, P basses? Not sure what you have in your bass arsenal.

2. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    Yeah I was scratching my chin... that’s a super aggressive EQ for playing full band volume.

To @SRVoodoo :
    Also as far as neighbors go, if you live in an apartment, townhome, or duplex that shares a structure, you may not realize just how much bass frequencies carry through drywall and other building materials. It’s possible that the bass sounds louder in their home then it does in yours.

BazzaBass, MCF, JPDsma and 5 others like this.
  3. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    thanks Tex, I never thought of it that way.

4. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    oh I'm sorry I missed your post. I'm playing an '06 MiJ Geddy Lee & once in a while my old mim p-bass.
    my settings might be strange but oddly enough it works out.

5. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    By the way, just for the record, I wasn’t saying that your settings look inherently bad… Just that they might be a little “too good“ at full band volume level through a combo amp. Sometimes what sounds like crap on its own will actually sound great in a band mix and help you cut through.

6. SRVoodoo

SRVoodoo

Feb 2, 2019
    Allentown, PA.
    exactly. once the drums & guitar come blaring in the frequency plays nice with eachother....and I have the horn ON. take that. lol

7. Interesting. When I play my P through the Rumble, I have to tweak the EQ a bit to get a good, clear tone.

chupacerveza and Aaron Houts like this.
  8. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Man, those v3 controls look cool!

SRVoodoo likes this.
  9. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I forgot to mention that I ran my Farfisa MINI Compact through the NORMAL channel. I was Geddy before he was. Except for the talent level. Me being WAY behind! 96 Tears, anyone?

[​IMG]

jmhaslip, MCF, G-Dog and 3 others like this.
  10. squeaker

squeaker

May 28, 2018

We played an outdoor gig on Monday, with one amplified acoustic guitar and two electric guitars. My Jazz bass and my R100 (with the Eminence 2012 speaker) did just fine. It's on the ground just out of sight on the right. It was not run through the PA.

upload_2019-9-11_20-10-10.

Aaron Houts, MCF, Ryeguy63 and 2 others like this.
  11. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Please be sure to post when and where you’ll be playing. I’m close to you and would like to come out for a listen.

12. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    With Mosrite goodness!

Aaron Houts, GonePlaid and JPDsma like this.
  13. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    That is awesome!

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  14. Marcodoom

Marcodoom

Sep 30, 2016
    Hello everybody, I'm looking for a 112 V3 cabinet, anyone willing to send it to Italy?
    Thanks a lot
    Marco

15. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Check out the TalkBass classifieds?

16. Dj Bebel

Dj Bebel

Jul 8, 2017
    Hey !

So i wanted a 15" speaker with a low budget and quickly ended up with the Harley Benton. But blinded by the attractive price, i overlooked the fact that the tweeter can't be turned off... and i'm a big fuzz user. So got to take it back.

So now i'm going for an Ampeg PF or a Fender Rumble speaker.

I know that the Ampeg takes fuzz very well but what about the Rumble ?

Aaron Houts and chupacerveza like this.
  17. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    A LPF allows you to dial in(or out) the high end of any system.

MCF, Aaron Houts, One Way and 2 others like this.
  18. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Here I am onstage last Saturday, playing some bluegrass at a big folk festival with my Rumble 500 v3 head.
    (My towering ;) rig, from the bottom up: GK Neo 112ii cab, Rumble head, GK MB200 (backup amp), tuner.)
    The amp was set utterly flat. Even so, I used a DI box, so that the front of house guy could get the pre-Rumble signal. I couldn't have been happier with the tone!
    Also: Fender Jazz Bass (MIM) with 5-year-old Chromes. Neck pickup only.
    CTFolkFest3.

19. Dj Bebel

Dj Bebel

Jul 8, 2017
    Thanks for the advice but i really don't want another pedal on my board and most of all, HPF and LPF never did the work for me.

All i want to know is how Rumble speakers take dirt. Do they sound well with a warm and full sound or do they sound neutral and blank ?

Aaron Houts likes this.
  20. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    Well, I may be joining the Rumble Club very soon!

I mainly play at church, through the FOH system, and don't need an amp there.

The last few years, I've played elsewhere, needing an amp, about once a year. Most of these have been with a choir I sing with, and I've been able to borrow a system from a co-worker, and it's worked out fine.

Except it's heavy. Randall RB 125 ES Amplifier (15-20 lbs, just guessing), GK Backline 210BLX Speaker Cabinet (60 lbs).

Next month I'm playing with the choir again, only not a normal concert. It's a Choir Festival, Thursday evening, Friday evening, and all day Saturday.

We sing Saturday morning. Each choir has a 20 minute slot. Get on stage, sing, offstage, and the next choir is waiting to go on at the moment you start to leave the stage. I'll have approximately 3.5 seconds to setup and tear down. No FOH, just whatever I bring for an amp.

Heavy ain't gonna cut it. I need to carry this onstage while we are walking on to sing, plug it in, sing, play on the last song we do, unplug, and walk off.

I'm going to try out the Rumble 200 and Rumble 500 both this weekend. The 200 will be enough for anything I've needed, but for only $100 more the 500 gives me overhead in case I need more in the future. You know, just thinking ahead :).

Expect to see an official request to join the club Saturday or Sunday.