1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BlitzCraig

BlitzCraig

Sep 28, 2018
    I love cardboard boxes as much as the next guy (or 4 year old child even lol) but I sure hope there's more than the box back there, or else this isn't much of a story :p

2. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    It's in the house. All will be revealed soon. :):bassist:

3. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    20190914_173941.
    20190914_174013.
    As promised!

I tried both the 200 and the 500. Liked them both!
    The 200 would do everything I currently need for the few times a year I need an amp, but the 500 is a lot more bang for the buck.

I guess it's time to request a number!

:):bassist::hyper:

4. alanloomis1980

alanloomis1980 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Otherwise it would be a NBD...

new box day

:bag:

5. Hello both of you. Thank you for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, there aren't any used Rumbles around here. I'm going to be buying new. But they are so inexpensive anyway...

I also did a bunch of searches on this site and others...yes, I think the R40 is probably the better option. I see all the extra features plus the fact that it is slightly louder than the 25...it's probably going to be the one.

Just need to get my hands on one!

Have a great Sunday, guys!

John

MCF, Aaron Houts, G-Dog and 5 others like this.
  6. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Glad to help. Check back in as soon as you get it, and get your club number!

7. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Congrats! LOVE my 500c and found out I love it even better with the Tweeter TURNED OFF! ;)

GonePlaid, MCF, Aaron Houts and 8 others like this.
  8. J-Mags

J-Mags

Jun 18, 2018
    Durham NC
    Any of y'all putting your 200 or 500 combos on an amp stand, and if so what are you using? I've been putting mine on a milk crate, but I'd like something I could angle.

GonePlaid, Aaron Houts and Tad like this.
  9. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Yo, Maggie! I use the type of stand Volksy was asking about above for my R500c. Little cumbersome to transport, but SO worth it for stability and sound dispersion. Love it!

10. Tad

Tad Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    I use a Rumble 210.

11. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    I use this $50 Proline amp stand from GC for my Stage 800, which is nearly identical to the R200 in dimensions. (I know the same cover fits both. I've had an R200 on it, too, before I got my R800.)
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/Amp-Stand-1321142315567.gc

There's another Proline that's listed online for $42 that may be the same unit; but, the $50 unit is usually in stock in-store.

Note that you can reverse the arms that hold the amp to have either a flatter or more tilted configuration. On a small stage, I give it more tilt so the amp is pointing toward my head. On larger stages, where it's sitting in the "backline", I go with the flatter config.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  12. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    That's an excellent alternative!

13. J-Mags

J-Mags

Jun 18, 2018
    Durham NC
    I'm considering it, but I need something cheaper. Like a Rumble 112!

14. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    I have the 25 that I use in the family room for couch noodling while watching TV and which I take with me when I’m on the road for business and want to practice in the hotel room. The 40 is the better value though. IMO, the 15 is a nonstarter.

15. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I like the 1-15 Rumble Cab as a stand for my R200C ;).

16. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    :thumbsup:

I don't care that they're not the same width. And I ain't laying my 200c sideways (not sure how that would affect the cooling).

17. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    This one goes on sale every so often for $15.00 at Musician's Friend. I use it to hold up my Rumble 200 or my Rumble 75. It works great!
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-amp-stand

18. Tad

Tad Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    I bet that it would be easier and cheaper to find a used Rumble 210 than finding a Rumble 112.

I have two R112’s and they weren’t easy to find or to find a good deal on.

19. alanloomis1980

alanloomis1980 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Just took my 100c out today for a gig at a winery. Played out on the patio. This is a small space, mellow background music kind of gig. I’ve really been enjoying the contour button. I have kind of overlooked it before; but for mellow, low volume, and acoustic stuff, the contour button takes some honk out of my p bass and makes for a sweet, warm sound.
    E430D3E8-CD87-454F-8120-620D08D615F3.

(Full disclosure: I also wanted to share the debut of my new Fender Jazz bass neck. I’m really becoming quite the Fender fanboy! :woot: )

20. amoodymule

amoodymule

May 25, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    RUed3qc.
    DQeK90U.

Someone on this forum made this one, and I thought, I can do this and I did, mine looks just like this...

I made 2, one for the 40c and 1 for the 200c, works like a charm :D