Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

I appreciate all the help I can get so I can plan things without wasting money in the process.
    Thanks.

2. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    By the way @G-Dog, the 800 head manual states the frequency centers for the eq in case that’s not on the wiki already. I’m using my phone right now, not my desktop, so it’s not easy for me to tell. Happy to provide the text if it’s helpful.

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I use the FX send to the 2nd FX return. That way I have line out to PA as well if needed! :thumbsup:

GonePlaid and vancamp like this.
  4. slowreflex

slowreflex

Jun 28, 2013
    Have got a Rumble 40. Am relatively new to bass. Have a Squier Jazz Bass too. I'd like to get a 60s rock sort of sound. Any advice on settings of the amp and/or bass would be appreciated. Thanks.

lizardking837 and GonePlaid like this.
  5. dORSY

dORSY

Mar 21, 2019
    Hungary
    What sounds best to You! Experiment.

Also there are some settings by others in the rumble wiki. Great source of information.

GonePlaid likes this.
  6. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

There's a link to the manual on the wiki as, I think, there is for all current Rumbles. Are those freqs different from the other Rumbles? I assume they're in all the manuals?

Thanks, chupy, it's the "data mining" from manuals, websites and posts that helps! Posting by text, or a cropped image, or link, or whatever, is OK by me. Digging out those nuggets of info that could be of interest to a prospective, or current, Rumbler is the hard work where help is always appreciated. :thumbsup:

Yessir, flexy! dORSY is referring to the Rumble Club TONE POOL linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page. There are also Rumble Talks about Tone Tips, Setting your Gain Structure, Tone Terms, and how the Overdrive, Gain, Level & Drive all interact to suit your taste. ;)

GonePlaid likes this.
  7. I kinda feel like your Jazz bass will lend itself to that tone more so than the amp settings. I tend to lean on the SBL method for amp settings. I set my low at 2 o'clock, my amp has a low-mid and a high-mid, so I set the low-mid at 2 o'clock and then high-mid and high both get set at high noon. That's what I like. But start at high noon on everything and then go from there. Take 1 knob and twist it to "full on", see how that sounds, then twist it to "full off" and see how that sounds. Then put it back to high noon and move to the next knob. You'll start to see what each one does to your tone and you'll start to find something that pleases your ears. What pleases my ears will be totally different than what pleases yours. Like my other thread where I stated how I can't seem to enjoy distortion in my playing, but for whatever reason I like it when other people do it. Thus, you have to play with it and learn what you like.

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

You got me curious, chuy, so I checked the 800 HD manual and the 40-500 manual and the Tone Controls and Shape Filters are all alike, but the Effects Loops, Line Out and Headphones are different! Hmmm, who knew?

ps: I've linked this post from the Rumble Wiki under the Summary Info chart.
    Screenshot_20191115-125146.png

Screenshot_20191115-125700.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    chupacerveza and GonePlaid like this.
  9. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Huh...! I wonder how the specs compare to other modern ICE units... like those with USB jacks....

GonePlaid likes this.
  10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

?? I'm not sure what your driving at here, chupa. :eyebrow: In the case of these non-modeling Rumbles, these are analog pre-amp controls and filters, not necessarily having anything to do with the ICE power amp other than feeding them the signal, which can be bypassed at the FX Return. Other manufacturers are free to use whatever type, and frequency spec, of pre-amp controls or filters they like, regardless of ICE, or other type, power amp(s). I'd expect some may be similar while others quite different.

For example, I was just looking at the manual of my Bassman 150, which I just dragged out of mothballs today to install semi-permanently at my regular church gig. It's got very similar Bass and Treble freqs, but the Low-Mid and Hi-Mid both have a selectable Freq range and a selectable Level range. Granted, not ICE powered, but I believe the separation of pre & power amps is still "a thing", no? :)

PSX_20191115_154146.jpg

PS: My Bassman 500 has an ICE power amp and a two channel pre-amp, with cut-only Vintage channel and modern Active channel, which includes a selectable Mid-range control. :cool:

chupacerveza and GonePlaid like this.
  11. CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Just came back from a small brew pub gig with my faithful Rumble 100. First few songs sounded a bit weak, so i pushed in the vintage and... boom! sweet Rumble goodness!

I’ve reported before about my vintage on/off experimenting. I wonder if it just works for some rooms, and not others? IDK, just very glad I had the option. Very much enjoyed my Rumble tonight. :thumbsup:

12. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Mike,
    You have GOT to get that Bassman fixed.
    Even if only to sell it.
    It’s a treasure going to waste if you don’t!
    These tiltback Bassman amps are something special.
    They should be put back into rotation!
    Thanks, Bob!
    I can’t wait to get my Juno DS88.
    Do you have a lot of songs where you play the bass on keys?
    I thought I checked, but maybe I missed it, are the Mackies battery powered?

GonePlaid likes this.
  13. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I just haven't had the chance to get the B25 down to the tech in WPB. Unless it turns out to be ng, it'll be repaired and resurrected.
    AFAIK those Mackies are not battery powered.

chupacerveza and Aaron Houts like this.
  14. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Agreed. It's very useful in some rooms, not so much in others. Also not good on my R40 with my active Les Paul 5er. I couldn't find any combination of settings on the amp or the bass that suited the situation(Concert band playing string bass parts). I usually use my Ibanez semi-hollow for that gig, but I hadn't taken the LPB25 out for awhile. In fact, that bass only works well with the R200c-of the amps I use.

chupacerveza and alanloomis1980 like this.
  15. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

No, the Mackie SRM150, and the many other makes and models in that same form factor (some with reverb or echo!), are not battery powered. They are, in fact, 150 watt amps that would suck the life outta good sized set o' batt'ries before you could finish one song! Sorry if that sleek, cableless marketing photo I posted led you to think otherwise. :smug:

16. CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Right now I’m down to 2 P basses, but once I get my 500 locked down (finally!) I’ll be looking to swap one out for a Jazz. So looking forward to exploring the differences! :D

17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Too bad there's such a (seemingly) big gap between the 200 and 500 combos, eh? Something like a 350ish combo, running 200ish at 8 ohms, would be a more convenient addition to your arsenal, no? That, with just one 100 would get you a very substantial power level. But what unique speaker(s) would the 350ish have, huh? Maybe it should have the 2x10s and the 500 should have 2x12s! Not that I would wish any more weight on the current 500 owners. (sigh) If only . . . :oops:

18. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    As I'm sure has been noticed, I'm a mainly Gibson(or Epi)man. I started on a Gibson EB-3 and got used to the neck profile on their basses. Nothing against 7enders, but the neck seems to put extra strain on my already hurting left hand(my backup is a Squire VM Jaguar SS). The semi-hollow Ibanez was purchased 'cos I couldn't justify the expense of a Gibby EB-2-or the Epi equivalent-for its comparatively little use.

chupacerveza and alanloomis1980 like this.
  19. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I've looked at some other brands of 212 cabs and they're either too heavy, too expensive, or both. In one case, according to reviews, the one was too mid-rangey for my tastes. I didn't wanna fork over the $ to order one then have to pay return shipping.:banghead:

G-Dog likes this.
  20. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Sorry, Aaron, I missed the battery-powered prerequisite.

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021