Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Yeah, I think @G-Dog is in the same boat with a Studio 40 +R500c. Wonder how that one works? :banghead:

GonePlaid and SoulReflection like this.
  2. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I think this previous post by @Linnin answers the R200c question... it works like the R100c.

3. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Fender Rumble Club

4. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Well... it "works", as in "sound comes out". That was what I've been doing the last 2 weeks and thought everything was fine. It just doesn't work as in "you have control of volume in the R100c". The volume was just close enough to what I expected in my practice room to not notice it.

Checking back in older threads, this was known but not understood for the problem that it was. The Stage/Studio just works differently from the R100/R200/R500 regarding where the Master is located. And sourcing from the Stage/Studio doesn't work that well going into the other Rumbles.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    alanloomis1980 likes this.
  5. CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Well that stinks! :meh: I was hoping for a happy ending.

so what happens exactly? The studio gets louder but the 100 stays at low volume?

GonePlaid likes this.
  6. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Yep. The FX Send doesn't change level, so no matter where the Studio master is (0 .. 11), the 100 stays at ~8 o'clock.

7. CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Dang! So why can’t you use the line in on the 100? I would have thought it would blow it up, but @JakobT ran a 100 into a (Regular) 40 that way and it worked great (since the 40s don’t have FX loops)

GonePlaid likes this.
  8. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    That's how I've currently got it hooked up... into the "Input", not "Aux In" (since "aux in" is fixed level). Technically, I don't think there is a "Line In" on the R100c. But coming into the "Input", you've got all of the extra EQ to try to remove. I still want to use these two together, so I think that's just what I'll have to do. But it's not as simple as just plugging them together and turning one Master volume knob.

GonePlaid and LoveJackBruce like this.
  9. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Ah... just realized... your example starts with a 100. The FX Send on the 100 has Master volume in the signal. It can be sent to any other Rumble, including the Line In (Aux In?) on the R40 and work fine, just as slaving the Studio to the R100 works. It's just the Studio isn't sending Master levels.

10. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I go from the left FX send on my Studio 40 to the instrument input on the R100 and it works great. You do have to control the volume on the R100 with the R100 Gain and Master. Not a big deal to me. Gets really loud. Sounds awesome!!

11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    WOO HOO! THANK YOU, campy!!!

Like you, the few times I tried the RS40 Left (Mono) FX Send into my R500c FX Return, and once with the RS40 Right FX Send into my BM500 FX Return also, I got sound out at a reasonable practice level (like the RS40 Master was set) so I was satisfied it worked like with the regular Rumbles. I didn't take the time to play around with it, since I've not had a gig need, yet.

But, having just got in from a great afternoon jam tonight, I was shocked, shocked! I tell you, to read that "it doesn't work", "it's useless", etc.! So, I felt compelled to check it out.

Huh! The RS40's FX Send level is, apparently, fixed without regard to the Master Volume. Well, whaddaya know? Who knew? vanny, you said this was known?

So, I take the alternate route, as advised by Fender, and run the RS40 Left (Mono) FX Send into my R500c Input! Then I set the R500c EQ to flat, and dial the Drive & Level both to zero so I can use the Overdrive button as a mute switch. And, behold!, now I can set whatever volume level I want out of the R500c!! Just like when I used to chain my two Bassman combos together! Gee, I've been missing that feature. As I've previously posted, I used to put my smaller, slaved BM combo on the other side of the stage from me and gave our keyboardist permission to set the volume on it they wanted there.

So, I don't really mind that the RS40 FX Send doesn't work the way the other Rumbles' does. Using the slaved Rumble's Input instead of the FX Return gives more flexibility and options. And it doesn't endanger anything as per this Rumble Talk.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  12. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    It works. LEFT FX SEND from S40 to instrument input on R100. Set R100 EQ to neutral and adjust volume to your liking.

13. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    See

GonePlaid and alanloomis1980 like this.
  14. CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    cool! I guess it would be ideal to have controls all on top, like the 2x100 slave situation, but this is better than nothing!

I’ve said it before, all these chain combinations are “super-fan hacks,” IDK if Fender really plans for us to be doing these things...

15. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    I attended a new "electric jam" this afternoon, instead of my usual "acoustic jam" where I am always the only electric instrumentalist. Silly me, I thought this meant there would be a very few musicians. But, noOoo, there were no less than 4 electric rhythm guitarists, 4 electric lead guitarists, 2 of us electric bassists(!) and a full acoustic drum kit!!! And there was I with my little Rumble Studio 40 wondering if I'll be able to hear myself.

Well, the drummer was quite professional and played very quietly! And the 8 guitar wank... uh, players were mostly mindful of the overall volume level. The other bass player is an ex-drummer with neuropathy in his feet and admitted newbie bassist seeking musical fulfillment since his feet can't work the kick drum and highhat, so he only plays for his own ears. So, my Rumble was plenty!

But the other Rumble, a V1 25, played by one of the lead guitarists(!), caught my eye with a Pulsating Red Light in the bottom port! I'd only ever read about them and never saw one in the wild! But there it was!! Not a 100, as I thought was "the one" with the light, but a 25! How cool! I was giddy to see it. I checked for the rumored " light switch" on the back, but there was none. But I was surprised to see a decidedly aftermarket speaker wire arrangement!?! Hmmmm . . .

20191116_145446.jpg
    20191116_150323.jpg

16. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Light em up!!! Got me thinking now. Haha

GonePlaid likes this.
  17. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I may have to set a Strobe light behind my rig.

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

[whisper] And I don't wanna have to tell you, again, to "keep it on the down-low"! :rage: Those "super fans" have only been getting away with this stuff, like amp chaining and channel jumping, etc.*, a very short time, like, since the '60s, that I know of. That's like the blink of an eye in geologic time. Ya keep blabbin' about it and Fender, or one of the other makers (yep, they been hacked, too) will find out and put a stop to it! Or worse, they might put a stern warning in the manuals!! And there goes all the fun!!! Now, shhh! :roflmao: [/whisper]

marshall.png kFKyLiC.jpg DSCN4106.jpg vTzrpoW.jpg
    *[whisper] That's not even to mention all the other hacks, like speaker "upgrades", pickup "upgrades", neck "swapping", changing out tuners, nuts & bridges! Why, it just brings out the mad scientist in so many people!! It's really an epidemic of biblical proportions!!! Exposing it could bring down all human civilization as we know it!!!! Aaauuugghhh . . . . [/whisper]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  19. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Cool!
    I check into that!
    Which cube?
    The Micro Cube Bass?

GonePlaid likes this.
  20. CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    :bag:

:laugh:

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021