Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    What'd Will do to you?

2. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    That poor darn Will cops it everytime GP lol

MCF, Droopy_TX, ak56 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    Congrats! I'm running the same rig and it is a very nice combo. I think I'd like to add a third 210 to my set up.

MCF, Paula Warren, G-Dog and 5 others like this.
  4. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Add a third 2x10 and I'd hear you from South Australia loll

5. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Or a Bassman 610?

MCF, G-Dog, chupacerveza and 4 others like this.
  6. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I like the way you fellas think!

MCF, Paula Warren, GonePlaid and 3 others like this.
  7. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    GP (GonePlaid) just likes to make my ears pop loll

GonePlaid and chupacerveza like this.
  8. realmacaroni

realmacaroni

Dec 28, 2019
    Pgh PA
    just called my local, Pianos n Stuff in Blawnox PA. they list the Rumble 40 on their website, been "out of stock" for the last few weeks. dude said he can't keep'em on the shelf, and they are back ordered thru Fender til sometime in Feb.

So i'm first on his call list when it arrives, 'til then it's the Acoustic AB-50. and by then I'm sure to have blown this amp budget of mine on comps, drives and envelope filters...

:meh:

MCF, G-Dog, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  9. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Go for the next size up?

MCF, Giffro, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  10. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Had a gig with my new rig on sat. Second outing for the Fender, first with the CN212 cab. Cant believe how loud this rig is, and such a thick tone. Didn't bother with the filter switches, but i did use the Drive section a lot.

A560EED2-556A-4F02-8C19-30B20DA2B42C.jpeg

11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, all members of the Fender Rumble Club, for joining and sharing your Rumblings here. Your latest Membership List, aka Roster, has been attached here and linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page in the Rumble Club Membership Lists section. Your joining together has created a great Rumblers neighborhood in the overall TalkBass community. Thank you, for making it an amazing place!

While the information and discussions here are always of interest, there is a civility and genuine helpfulness that shines through, too. Thanks for that, too. Have a great 2020, and . . . .

Rumble On!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  12. njbassman

njbassman

Apr 2, 2014
    I picked up 2 Fender Rumble 100’s at a local music store going out of business for $200 each (floor models). I am running them together effect send to effect return and I now have 200 watts through two 12” speakers. 44 light pounds of beautiful sound. Can I get a number in the Rumble Club?

Attached Files:

13. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    OK, I just had to report back and say, "Wow! Seriously. Wow!!" :jawdrop:

I had absolutely no idea how much more powerful the extension cab would make this amp.

I got the combo unit back in July. I've played about a dozen gigs with it, and have been happy with it. But I played two (and a half) places that gave me a little concerned about the top-end power and head room of just the combo unit.

The main two places both had the same characteristics: they were both outdoor venues with raised patio "boardwalk" deckings. So, not only was the sound dissipating in the open air, it was "leaking" through the flooring, too. I was loud enough, but I needed to run the Master at 2 o'clock. I know had more power in reserve, but I like to have a lot of headroom. If I had needed to run it any hotter, I'd have been really concerned. The "half" place is a club we play almost every month. It has a roll-up door behind the stage. The door was open the last time we played there and, without the "reinforcement" wall, I was losing some volume. So, I figured, "Let me get that extension cab, and I'll have access to all the horses."

Fedex delivered it late yesterday afternoon. I was surprised by the Sunday delivery. I only had time to set it up for a functional test, and (of course) the photo. The wife went grocery shopping today; so, I set it up outside on the patio where I could crank it without rattling the sheetrock.

Did I say, "Wow!!"?

This rig is incredibly powerful. It's clean, articulate, and yet it BOOMS! like you want. I probably cranked it up to halfway. And that was REALLY loud. I could hear it echoing through the forest; and I am sure any neighbors at home today were not sleeping (anymore), and were wondering, "What the #$%#$!" Well, except for all the neighbors who know me. :)

I think I can pretty confidently say that this amp and cab will be all I will ever need to perform at any venue. If I need more than this, the sound company will have me covered.

"Wow!" :bassist:

14. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

You bet, you can get a number, nj! That "100s Tower" looks very cool. @njbassman, you are now member #1159 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations, and enjoy yourself here amongst your Rumbling brethren. And, . . . .

Rumble On!

15. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    That's exactly how I reacted when I received my ext 115 cab for my R500 Combo..so the 2x10" supplemented by the ext cab 15" is definitely the WOW Factor!

Rumble500 Plus 115 Cab Front.JPG

chupacerveza, MCF, Mvf and 6 others like this.
  16. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Score!:thumbsup::hyper:

chupacerveza, MCF, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  17. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Local music stores, RIP.

chupacerveza, MCF, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  18. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Local store here lasted about 8 months.

19. Dave CALEYRON

Dave CALEYRON

Jul 23, 2014
    France
    Got a Rumble 500 combo a few months ago, and while really satisfied with the lightweight and the power handling, I always found that the tone was a bit muffled and lacking definition, especially with my pbass played fingerstyle (MIJ, 2004, Fender original 62 pickups, 7250 Fender strings).
    The last morning I had time for myself, I decided to send white noise into my pedalboard, then to the amp, and went back to the soundcard of my computer through the DI to check everything with a spectrum analyser.
    Everything went clearer. The flat setting on the amp showed a wide valley from mids to upper mids that could not be compensated to my taste with EQ.
    The I used my cheap Artec parametric EQ to flatten things....
    Here are some screenshots . from left to right : Flat, flat EQ'ed + 4 dB @600 Hz, Vintage, and vintage Eq'ed + 4 dB @ 750Hz
    Rumble flat settings.jpg Rumble flat settings and +4dB centered @ 600 Hz.jpg Rumble vintage settings.jpg Rumble vintage setting and  broad +4 dB centered at 750 Hz.jpg

I'll be recording some samples to let you hear soon , but I'm really satisfied tone wise, especially with the EQ'ed vintage settings, because I like its natural compression, the thickness, and the added small amount of distortion of the Artec pedal while digging.

20. Dave CALEYRON

Dave CALEYRON

Jul 23, 2014
    France
    I've made a sample, from the DI out and mixed to a drum loop.

In this order :
    Flat, flat and Eq'ed with +/-4dB @ 600hz
    Vintage on, vintage on and +/-4 dB @ 750 hz
    vintage on bright on, then vintage on bright +/[email protected] hz
    The para eq is not really precise when it comes to read it, and I have no idea about the applied Q, excepted it's a wide one

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021