Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Cheers alan..that DeoxIT is a great fix if used in very minor quantities and the Rumble Volume pot can get a tad scratchy over time and in that guys case it got to the point his amp was cutting in and out till he used the tiny bit of spray to lube the pot. Thanks for the credit shout-out and G-Dog's Rumble Wiki page should take the full credit loll
    Fender Rumble Club Wiki Page | TalkBass.com

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  2. rmc63

rmc63

May 10, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I’ve had the 15” cab for about 35 years, it was made in Burlington, Ontario by a company called GB Sound. I have replaced the driver with a B&C 15” NEO.
    I have only had the chance to play my 800 loud a couple of times and it sounded great paired with the 15. This amp is overkill for my needs right now but it is a fun amp with a lot of different combinations of amps and effects.

3. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Nice bird! And good choice for an all around amp too.

4. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I got a can of it to spray out a bass output jack once, but never needed it for an amp. Nice to have it on hand if an issue pops up!

And hey; G-Dog and I both read the same thread you did, but you were the one to tell the guy to get out the Deoxit! ;)

5. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    Had my Stage 800 freeze up on me today while rehearsing with my phone in bluetooth mode. Tried several things to remedy to no avail. Ultimately had to shut both off and restart. Took a few tries to get the BT to reconnect, then worked just fine.

Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  6. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I'm afraid the Studio and Stage have BT bugs, at least in some environments. Problem is they don't seem to be reproducible enough and Fender doesn't seem to take it seriously. And you can always spend some time rebooting, etc., to get it back. Also, you're not likely to need audio streaming in the middle of a gig. But my Studio is flaky enough with BT that I just use a cable to the Aux In. Admittedly, there's lots of network activity going on in my music room.

7. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Thanks. I was already thrilled with the Thunderbird, but this is a pretty perfect match.

8. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Loll yeah I know alan..but i'm shy loll

9. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Anyone with a Fender Rumble Combo, Head or Cab or anyone intending to purchase one of those mentioned, this little stats list may be of some info..probably G-Doggy has it posted somewhere on the Rumble Wiki site anyway but here ya go, although those price/costings are likely out of date plus the 800w isn't listed because this list was printed earlier than the release of the R800.

FENDER RUMBLE COMBO HEAD and CAB STATS.jpg

10. Great info. Except in Oz they cost a lot more. However a 500C with a 500C extension is still the best bang (700w) for the bucks.

11. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    True Bazza although I opted for the 500C with a 115 ext cab..horses for courses loll I would suspect like a lot of other Rumble users, that the larger cone area of 4x10" drivers is likely louder than my 2x10" + 1x15" loll I guess it depends what you wanna use it for..I gig mainly small to medium gigs although Mitsubishi gigs were generally 1500 crowds plus, but alas Mitsubishi Adelaide packed up a few years ago, so medium sized gigs with a 2x10 + 1x15 suits my needs just fine.

chupacerveza, GonePlaid and BazzaBass like this.
  12. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    Yep, this has happened a few times but this one was more "locked up" than previous.
    I have to have BT disabled when we gig because we use sync'd iPads for vocals and my drummer's iPad tries to connect to my amp instead of the master iPad. So no chance of this issue when playing live, but it is a pain in the butt when you're trying to steal a few extra practice minutes.

chupacerveza, Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  13. rmc63

rmc63

May 10, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I was having the same sort of problems with Bluetooth as well. I upgraded my iPhone and the Bluetooth works much better now.

Giffro, Miles_ONeal and GonePlaid like this.
  14. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

:roflmao: Yeah, Giffy, I created that comparison chart specifically for the Rumble Club Wiki page. I call it the Rumble Summary Info chart, and I updated it a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    chupacerveza, MCF, Giffro and 3 others like this.
  15. 4848D162-47BF-4A11-AD60-926ED34D071B.jpeg
    Hey Giff I think this was originally posted by @Linnin which shows your set up is actually a bigger speaker displacement then 4x10

16. Makes me want to see a Rumble 16x18 cabinet.

Inky13, chupacerveza, MCF and 5 others like this.
  17. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I remember a Zep interview in Guitar Player where they said someone brought a 1x36 cab for JPJ to try. It sounded AMAZING- for about 30 seconds then blew. That's a lot of cone to move with one coil and a big honking magnet. Had to weigh a couple hundred pounds.

chupacerveza, MCF, Giffro and 2 others like this.
  18. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    I shoulda known you'd be 10 steps ahead of me Doggy loll

GonePlaid likes this.
  19. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Yeah thanks Bazza for checking Linnin's chart..I would have always said 4x10" speakers (equaling 314.00 square inches) would have been a greater cone area that my 2x10" + 1x15" (equaling 333.63 square inches) combination speaker system...but there ya go...wouldn't wanna argue with the figures...err Or Linnin for that matter loll
    You would expect 4x10" speakers equal 40" and 2x10" speakers plus a 1x15" speaker would equal 35" but hey I always flunked maths lolll

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    MCF, GonePlaid and Miles_ONeal like this.
  20. And while we are mapping everything out, as I understand it, any combo from the R100 and up can be daisychained with any other combo and you add the watts for your total, and any cabinet can be connected to any combo from the R100 up correct?

Maybe we need someone to create a chart mapping all those numbers out as well? :D:roflmao:

Paula Warren, GonePlaid and Giffro like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021