Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JBoogy

JBoogy

Aug 25, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    I have a Fender Rumble 800 Stage and I was setting up to record tonight and ran into problems. At first I ran an xlr from the "post" out to my apogee element, but when I played, the volume was incredibly low. If I crank the gain in the Apogee preamp, its just raising the noise floor and barely raising the signal. I checked global settings on the Rumble, added more gain to the USB/Line out gain, still no difference. I switched to the usb out and plugged it into my iMac directly, nothing. It isn't even being seen or recognized to choose as an option. Really perplexed. Been using it fine for jamming and practice for a few months now. Never had any other issues with the amp (love the amp). This is the first time I have tried to record it, and it seems I am missing a setting or something. For example, the signal coming from the xlr out was lower than the signal from my SM7B mic (notoriously low gain). Something seems off, any ideas?

2. Pulverizor

Pulverizor

Jun 14, 2018
    New Zealand
    RTFM? Is there a troubleshooting section?

3. RmbleRightously

RmbleRightously

Mar 4, 2020
    image.jpg Hey y’all, been a while since my last post. Anywho, decided that my rumble 500 combo setup just wasn’t THAT cool and like many of you I’m sure, I wondered what it would be like for a rumble to have a cream/oxblood look to match my guitarists matching tweed reverbs. Well, if you were wondering, here you go. I’ve thrown in my matching pedal case and my D’Angelico for style points. Soon I’ll repaint and regrill the 115 extension cab and I’ll post that on here as well once I complete it.

4. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Wow! Great job! :thumbsup:What paint did you use? Thanks. :thumbsup:

chupacerveza likes this.
  5. RmbleRightously

RmbleRightously

Mar 4, 2020
    Good old krylon, yellowest white I could find on the local hardware shelf. We’ll see how well it sticks to the tolex in the lon run.

Attached Files:

6. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    I get you pics as soon as I can. The 610 is currently at my parents house. I’m in the process of converting a room into a studio so I dropped it off there over a month ago. With this virus I haven’t been over there. The 115 neo is at GC. I just purchased that. I actually had it on layaway. I got it brand new at clearance price for $429.99. They closed their doors and I have no way of picking it up. I’m pissed cause I had one payment of 75$ to pick it up. It’s cool though cause I’m not jamming with a band or gigging at the monent

G-Dog likes this.
  7. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, @dcgriggs79 and @RmbleRightously, for sharing your cosmetic makeovers of your Rumble combos! griggsy, your thread of your now Blackfaced Rumble Stage 800, and Rmble, your post of your now cream/oxblood Rumble 500 combo, have both been linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page near the middle of the Rumble Modifications section, with other mods. These are great examples of a fun, and beautiful, amp cosmetic makeovers that are sure to be the envy of many a bassist.

Thanks, griggsy and Rmble, for your sharing. :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

chupacerveza likes this.
  8. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Thanks RR:):thumbsup:

SoulReflection likes this.
  9. TimoBatis

TimoBatis

May 1, 2020
    Guys, have any of you tried using an iPad based modeler (AmpliTube or BIAS) with a Rumble Studio ? I’m learning bass and don’t have an app right now, only headphones connected to my iRig. I wonder how much the sound from the modeler changes when going from the iPad to the Rumble, specifically the Studio 40 which is the one I have in mind. Is there such a thing as “Clean” settings in the rumble that would not change or keep the tone change to the minimum ? I know for Rumble Studio lover it might be a blasphemy to plug another Modeler behind it.

10. TimoBatis

TimoBatis

May 1, 2020
    On my last post I meant that I don't have an "AMP" right now. Sorry about that.

11. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Am I crazy, or is Joe using a Rumble in this video?

Either way, it’s hella funky! Happy Fender Friday!

12. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    'Pears to be a 100.

13. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Yep. All the guitar amps look to be Fenders! But, funkiest of all (IMO), all the guitars seem to be mounted on stands! So, even as the camera moves, and the bass man shakes his head, the guitars always stay lined up! :woot:

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  14. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I always like seeing “cheap” Rumbles in high profile situations like this. Especially someone like Joe with so much stank in his tone- nothing “muddy” about that! :D

they use those stands in a lot of their videos. I wonder if Joe’s bobbing knocked the bass off the strap one too many times! :roflmao: Yeah, it’s a cool visual, they clearly have a thing for symmetry!

G-Dog and SoulReflection like this.
  15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    According to my friends at Fender:

"The stereo USB output follows the Line Outputs and the default is PRE/POST setting (as found in the Menu), so default USB output is PRE (direct signal, and generally very low output relative to POST). Change that menu option to Stereo to get the full amp processing (all except MASTER). Most DAWs can process stereo outs, or just mix to mono, which is what the POST XLR output does (convenient for most applications)."

Hope this helps, Tom.

16. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Great response Tom. I kind of knew there was an answer but don't know enough to put it into words. Glad you have friends at Fender!

tombowlus likes this.
  17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, again, @tombowlus. A link to your post describing the USB Output Options has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page near the bottom of the Stage & Studio Links section. That's a very useful piece of information that our Stage & Studio owners need to know. So, it's captured here for posterity.

Thanks very much, again and again, tommy, for sharing this. :thumbsup:

18. TimoBatis

TimoBatis

May 1, 2020
    Can the Rumble Studio USB Audio Out Interface be used on an iPad? I mean, to record on Garage Band , DAW etc. Has anyone tried that? Does it work?

19. Jason Schulhz

Jason Schulhz

May 1, 2020
    I have a Fender Rumble 500

Attached Files:

TheMaartian likes this.
  20. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Tom, this is very interesting and helpful information. Thanks for sharing.
    I just tested this in my DAW. Here are some further details.

With the "Line Out Options" set to PRE/POST:
    USB Input 1 contains the POST signal.
    USB Input 2 contains the PRE signal.
    Note: This is the case even if you setup your DAW to record a stereo track using Inputs 1-2 as a linked pair of inputs. You basically get an unbalanced signal with POST on the LEFT and PRE on the right.

With the "Line Out Options" set to STEREO:
    USB Inputs 1 and 2 contain the LEFT and RIGHT stereo channels, respectively.​

I think that it is good that Fender put POST on USB Input 1. This way, if you're recording in mono, you are only going to get the PRE signal if you specifically set the track to use USB Input 2.

I wonder what this means for @JBoogy's level issue then. I would think he would have defaulted to using USB Input 1. @JBoogy, what USB Input are you using, and what is the Line Out/USB gain set to? I believe the default setting is +6.0 (at least that's what mine is set to).

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021