Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses

My opinion.... and that’s all it is, opinion. I like em, so I play em. I’m not concerned with what others like or don’t. It’s just a tool in my shed! I’ve bought into hype in the past and bought a piece of gear and it didn’t work for me- a couple times. Actually, truth be told, the Rumble was hyped by a friend of mine that owns a local music store- I was looking for a combo for small gigs and rehearsal. He let me take the Rumble 500 for the weekend of gigs and I never gave it back... It just worked great for what I wanted it for. What you’re describing is exactly how I felt about a couple different GK combos I tried- they didn’t do it for me. Some love em! That’s cool.

I never planned it this way- most of my rigs are now fender. I gig the Rumble 500, Rumble 100, Super Bassman 300, Bassman 500, Bassman 410, and Bassman 115.... I guess I kinda like em!

2. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    One should play-and play through-what one likes. I normally play a 67 Thunderbird. I've played jazz, concert band, big band, and rock groups of 3-5 people. I don't give the smallest [email protected]$$ what other folks think of my choice of bass-or amp.

BazzaBass, RedVee, jmhaslip and 3 others like this.
  3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Oh, Maarti! Sorry to here of your imminent Rumble loss here in the states. :( But, hopefully it will also be part of the joyful reunion in France. :thumbsup: And it should be a good score of some used Rumbles for some other(s) here in the states. :woot:

Please keep us updated on your move whenever, and if ever, you can. Bon voyage!

4. Not evil. Overpriced? Maybe. But not evil.:)

Say hi to @agedhorse for me. :)

Aaron Houts likes this.
  5. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Mind-boggled the Rumbles don’t have switchable power transformer input voltages.

TheMaartian and Pulverizor like this.
  6. [QUOTE="G-Dog, post: 24623328, member: 289525”] Life is a smorgasbord! Sample it all. :)[/QUOTE]

My understanding was that Life Is A Highway.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    BazzaBass likes this.
  7. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Yeah I've always wondered why the Rumbles didn't have this. Also kinda wish they came with a DI volume level and pre/post eq switch. Heck the Acoustic series amps do! Why not the Rumble?

8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Depends on who you listen to. I have no great understanding, but I've heard, in addition to those two, that ...

Life is a journey. Life is a cabaret, old friend. What's Life, but a magazine? Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. My life is an open book. Life is a wheel. Is there life on ...? Life is a dark tunnel. Life is an ocean. Life is a beautiful melody. Life is miserable, then you die. Life is a gift. Life is a curse. It's the end of life as we know it! Life is beautiful. Life stinks (as does Love). Life is for living. Life is worse than 5 to 10 without parole. Life is like a box of chocolates. Life has a funny way of ... ... etc., etc. ...

Well, you get the idea. Basically, Life is what you make of it, or whatever you want to call it, whether clever, pithy, deep, silly, sage, or infathomable. That's Life!

9. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Very, very well said, G-Dog. Life truly is what we make it.

G-Dog likes this.
  10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thanks to the Rumble Triumvirate, for your support and encouragement. A link to my post relating a mini-history of Fender products answering the question Are Fenders Just Clean Without Any Nuance or Flavor? has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page at the end of the Rumble Talks section. Hopefully this will provide some helpful historical perspective to new Rumblers!

Thank you, again, Rumble Triumvirate for your review and feedback. :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

11. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Ha ha!
    I will.
    He seems like a really cool dude!
    I didn’t know he was a you-know-what fan though. I guess I always think of @JimmyM for that.

I have to tell you, at first I didn’t like that trademark sound, but after playing with a band, I got it.

I still think Rumbles are awesome, too though.

I know I’d be happy with any amp from the Rumble or BA lines.

G-Dog likes this.
  12. @Aaron Houts, I thought you bought the amp named after a high plateau. Sorry, man. But the @JimmyM discipleship is fully understandable. :)

And, @G-Dog... that’s what all the people say...

13. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Sweet P Bass! Is that warmoth parts?

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  14. Pulverizor

Pulverizor

Jun 14, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yes! I just had to do an image search of the combos to see that they aren't switchable. :confused:

15. Moving stuff to a foreign country can be a very expensive proposition. I could not part with my 300+ vinyl albums and paid a bit over $2 USD/lb To move them to Mexico. Table & bandsaws, planers all that heavy stuff that had been in storage for ten years. Sell and pay current prices for lesser quality or pay to ship? Between my stuff and my wife's printing press and art stuff, our movers said it was more of an industrial move vs a household move. So, it is a decision to make. Short term it hurt, but long term we are happy.
    Enjoy the move and being close to your family again. (Rumble content:) I got my 200c on sale from Amazon US and that more than offset the duty and shipping weight costs vs buying electronics here. Mexico has same electrical power values as US.

16. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    But if they did, they'd be more expensive.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  17. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Okay, @Ronzo, here goes...
    Rumblers don’t hate me!
    94810BCD-E9B3-4098-98FD-CC23BDAF3898.jpeg
    ...and here’s part of my “acoustic rig”that I’ve been working on with my Roland Street Cube EX. @EatS1stBassist
    D2579F51-4F7B-4BF9-8F3A-A7E9CBD5B90E.jpeg
    ...but to redeem myself, both of my basses have an “F” on the headstock:
    1B3FBC24-1438-47A6-B145-18F13E1D3FFF.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    JPDsma, G-Dog, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  18. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I had checked mine because I thought it was.

Pulverizor likes this.
  19. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    What took you to Mexico?

20. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Not much.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021