Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Thanks!:thumbsup: Not Warmoth. Parts all sourced off eBay. Raw body is sycamore that I sanded down and stained. Neck is Technical Zebrawood. Pickup is Fender USA Original 60’s. All nickel hardware with Gotoh Japan Resolites Tuning machine. Indian head nickel string guide. USA CTS Pots cloth wiring Switchcraft Jack orange drop cap. Custom Cowboy pickguard. Rotosound Funkmaster strings. Very lightweight and sounds incredible. CA7DB6D1-28C7-43FC-AFDE-51195985960A.jpeg 1B084332-7E8C-484F-B231-A40493799387.jpeg E082364D-6DB6-4B8F-9BD8-0E3C06C8A1AF.jpeg EE75E7DD-EFD0-40BE-9CC6-5D4364104575.jpeg D5962B0B-455F-4539-B9CC-8CCE7A7B1108.jpeg A49D8500-ED55-4095-BDA1-5F781B593412.jpeg

2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Ronzo and Aaron Houts like this.
  3. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Arcachon, France
    Keeps the cost down. Very Rumblesque!

Ronzo and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. TheMaartian

Sep 23, 2014
    Arcachon, France
    Also keeps the cost down. Also very Rumblesque!

bordinco90, Ronzo and EatS1stBassist like this.
  5. TheMaartian

Sep 23, 2014
    Arcachon, France
    There's a lesson I always had a difficult time teaching to new design engineers.

Adding $1 of cost for an additional feature/component adds between $4-$5 to the retail price, so it had better be "must have" and not just "nice to have."

Bruno1950, Pulverizor, JPDsma and 2 others like this.
  6. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Thank you!

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  7. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Hmm. I figgered more like $10-15.

Bruno1950 and EatS1stBassist like this.
  8. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I realize that. And I realize it only affects a small percentage of people. But for those people, it's painful. If I were buying a 200W amp today, I'd be looking at that, as there is a (low, but still) chance we'll end up in Europe for a while. As is, I guess I'd have to sell my 100v3 and buy something there. Likely a dual-voltage amp.

EatS1stBassist and TheMaartian like this.
  9. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Well, A-a-ron, I suppose we can forgive a little bit o' wanderlust. After all, Rumbles figure prominently in the Combo Club, too. But, we don't want to get too brand diverse here and risk having the Combo Club's Fearless Leader coming down on us for enfringement! :eek:

10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Rumbles are Fender's "value line" of most affordable bass amps. You want all the deluxe "bells & whistles"? Then get a Bassman amp. That's what I did.

Rumbles & Bassman.jpg

11. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    My back says "NO!"also my wallet

12. Aaron Houts

Aaron Houts

Jan 10, 2014
    Flo Rida
    Thanks, @G-Dog !
    I knew you’d understand.
    I hope you’re keeping well in these strange times!
    ...and I’ll be sure to check in because I really want pics and a report about someone firing up a Rumble 200c Double Stack!
    I have faith in the Rumble Club.
    Someone will do it.
    Now we just have to wait and see who...

So to bring us back on topic, let me tell you what I like about the R200c Double Stack over this beast:
    D6940010-C4EA-485F-B599-6223D6C49145.jpeg
    I almost never needed both cabs.
    There were several instances in which a second self sufficient combo could have helped.
    If I had two 200cs I could have left one at the practice space and one at home.
    In the rare instance where I could have run both, it would be 280 watts through two 15s.
    This rig was 370 watts through two 15s, great for sure, but it was more an issue of keeping it from blasting everyone out...and didn’t someone say something about “lazy watts”?
    So let’s see it, Rumble Club!
    Show me the 200c Double Stack-the perfect step between a 200c with a 115 and this.
    (It’s a v2 R350 head and two v3 R115 cabs by the way.)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  13. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Oh, but, my dear Plaid One! Your back would most assuredly say, "Yes, yes, yes, please!" to the Bassman 500 or 800!!! Wallets? Well, they complain about everything, don't they?

At just 17 lb.s my Bassman 500 head weighs less my Rumble Studio 40 or your Rumble 40, which I believe you once nearly "flang" into the ceiling, right? That's one of the reasons I just had to have it. The BM500 was actually the target of my savings before the Rumble 500 came out! I ordered the R500c out of an abundance of skeptical curiosity, being a confirmed Bassman man and biased against Rumbles at that point. I fully expected to return the R500c for credit toward the BM500!!!

14. Bassiclees

Bassiclees Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Here is my little Rumble40. She needs a 15" sister.. soon.
    Are more numbers available? Rumble40a.jpeg

15. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
  16. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Wow!!! Absolutely stunning! That's one of the best looking necks I've ever seen.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  17. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    True. I've never played on a bassman, but they do look cool.

EatS1stBassist and G-Dog like this.
  18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Oh, 1uca! I will personally create a number just for you! [grind, grind, grind] ... [clank, clank] ... [whirrrrrr...ding!] @1uca5x you are now member #1264 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations! Put your Rumble number in your signature to be instantly recognized as a bassist of distinction. And welcome to TalkBass in general and the Rumble Club in particular. Be sure to check out the Rumble Club Wiki page for all kinds of Rumble info. Like, f'rinstance, what kinda 15" sister does your R40 seek? The R200c (Rumble 200 combo), perhaps, since the R40 can't use the 115 cab? See the Rumble Summary Info chart to compare models of amps, cabs & combos.

So, 1ucky, tell us about your Rumble journey in particular and your bass quest in general. We have all kinds here, from the newest of newbys to the ..., uh, ..., shall we say ... most mature of bass veterans and pros. But we all share a common affinity here and that is to ... . . .

Rumble On!

19. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yeah, but then I'd need cabs. And hafta make at least one extra trip. Nope.

EatS1stBassist and Miles_ONeal like this.
  20. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Or just bolt the head to the cab and make it combo to move in one trip! [duck & cover]

BM500-115 Tilted.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021