Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I'm in love with the 15 Woofer. Lol

EatS1stBassist and JPDsma like this.
  2. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Now, I can get amazing tones and volume through my headphones. I should be satisfied with this. There's just something about the bass notes floating passed ones ears and ruffling your shorts when playing open air.

OldFunBass, JPDsma and lizardking837 like this.
  3. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    I tot

I totally agree. One of my basses sounds kind of flat with headphones. However, with the exact same preset on my Studio 40 and moving air it sounds so much better

postalflunkie and LoveJackBruce like this.
  4. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I think I'm just missing those early 70's days playing Cream, Mountain, Hendrix, etc. live through my SUNN Stack of 2x15 and 6x10. Lolol

JPDsma and lizardking837 like this.
  5. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Yes, my BL has a 200c that I’ve used a few times.
    That 15” driver is really smooth and full.

Aaron Houts and LoveJackBruce like this.
  6. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    I can only imagine. 15s are just so nice for some reason.

I have a 1 x 15 combo (Acoustic from 2008/2009) and there's something about that speaker with my P-basses. Everything sounds so clear, while still being thick and warm.

Every time I think I should sell it, I plug in and test it out. After 5 minutes the thought of selling it is gone.

Aaron Houts and LoveJackBruce like this.
  7. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Don't misunderstand me(Rossington-Collins Band;)), I love my 200c. It does/did everything I wanted it to do. It's just overkill for some of the rooms that we play.

8. KenPompanoBeach

KenPompanoBeach

May 16, 2018
    I have both the R100v3 and the R200v3. I play a L2000 w/flatwounds with Big Bands. The 100 (with upgraded neo speaker) sounds very good...but the R200 with the slightly larger cab and that glorious stock 15 sounds PHENOMINAL. Much higher quality character in the tone. Fuller...heartier..CAN get louder but sounds great at low volumes. Weightwise it's 19.5 vs 34.5 lbs..so if another 15 lbs isn't an issue (use a cart with bungie cord))....and you afford it....get the R200 and you'll be very happy.

Aaron Houts, LoveJackBruce and JPDsma like this.
  9. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Me too!:thumbsup:

Aaron Houts likes this.
  10. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

I see what you did there ;)

EatS1stBassist and G-Dog like this.
  11. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    It's for home use in our cabin, all wood with glass Great Room, to.play along with my old favorites (Cream, Mountain stuff). So moving it is not an issue. I have the entry level MM Stingray with a Bartolini Humbucker.

And I may later put either the Fender 2x10 or an Orange 1x12 under it some day. I like the Orange in black due to its 30 weight and looks.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  12. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Great Room with wood, glass and loud bass. Sounds great to me. I would make sure the glass is secured and consider an HPF ;).

13. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Ladies and gentlemen of The Club: I just discovered a very educational thread with significant technical input from an extremely knowledgeable "ElderEquine", if you know who I mean. If not then, See the new top link in the Speaker Replacements section of the Rumble Club Wiki. Although that thread was started about a 120-watt Hartke amp, it quickly referenced the V3 Rumble 100 in a similar situation.

Seems both combo amps come with speakers "nominally rated" for only 75-watts, but with higher rated amp heads, which would, on the surface, seem problematic! But, the MatureSteed, who is very familiar with testing & design processes (to say the least), assures that these speaker specs are not even reasonably accurate and, more specifically, that Fender's testing is "pretty conservative compared with most".

Therefore, the message I get and relay here is: Do not replace the V3 Rumble 100 speaker just because you heard, or read, that it's just a 75-watt speaker! Further, I believe, it may be that just adding a bit of internal acoustic fill, usually lacking from the R100c (but not from the R200c or R500c) and described in the Rumble Modifications section of the Rumble Club Wiki, may improve its sound as much as an expensive speaker swap.

I hope this info will be useful to some here, especially for the spec-hound modifiers amongst us. :) And long shall we all continue to . . . .

Rumble On!

Inky13, Bruno1950, RedVee and 9 others like this.
  14. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    The R500 with 1x15 definitely shook it up.

15. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Well, shake it up, baby.

16. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Goo$ info G-Dog! Thanks

Bruno1950 and G-Dog like this.
  17. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh you guys and your 15" speakers.. Size Queens! :laugh:

Nuage420, wctesla and EatS1stBassist like this.
  18. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    lol! :laugh:

19. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

May 16, 2009
    san antonio/austin
    I love it!! Definitely loud and punchy

JPDsma and EatS1stBassist like this.
  20. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    It will break windows and rattle neighbors floors and cause trees to loose their leaves and squirrels nuts to fall from nests. It really will!!!!! Sonic Booms.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021