Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    My first bass amp was a Rumble 60. I really liked the tone, but hated the rat fur!!! The V3 ones are better made and alot lighter. I own the 100c and 500c.

chupacerveza likes this.
  2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Yes. Yes, you can, zZipper! @zZippy, you are now member #1282 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Checkout the Rumble Club Wiki page for lotsa Rumbling information. And put your member number in your Signature for ready reference.

Tell us of your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. We have all kinds, so you're in good company. For we all do so love to ... . . . . .

Rumble On!

chupacerveza and EatS1stBassist like this.
  3. Hi all,
    Knew I was heading interstate so ordered myself a present. I made sure I had the accessories to try it out. Set it up in the motel room:
    20210105_222844.jpg Rumble 40
    My first real bass amp (i.e. designed for bass). Looking forward to getting it home.

4. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

That's beautious, Sinni. @Sinnikal, you are now member #1283 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome.

Tell us about yourself. All here love to ... ...

Rumble On!

5. Thanks.
    Beginner here and have been looking for an amp for the last year or so. Struggled with the 'like to have' v's 'need to have'. At the end of the day after looking at Ampeg, GK and Fender I settled on this. Has what is needed (including the XLR out) for my plans for the near future. I'm pretty sure I don't need a 200w amp at this stage of my playing.

6. Here's the amp with a few of my toys. The larger amps, all of them great, are sold as I downsized following the end of my bar band days. I've never been a member of any amp or guitar club before, but I'm happy to start now :)
    20210105_065516.jpg 20210105_065527.jpg 20210105_065554.jpg 20210105_065620.jpg 20210105_065658.jpg

7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

That's very nice, Marshy. @Andy Marshman, you are now member #1284 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Put your number in your Signature for instant recognition as a bassist of distinction. And checkout the Rumble Club Wiki page for all kindsa Rumbling info.

Help us get to know you, Andy. Tell us of your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. Whatever your situation, all are welcome here, where we all love to ... . . . .

Rumble On!

8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Whew! Looks like it's gonna be another great day. 3 new members before breakfast! :woot:

Come on, all you Rumbling lurkers! Today's your day. Show your Rumbles and get your numbers. You know you want to. You been wanting to. Now's the time. :cool:

The Rumble Club is open. Come on down. :D

chupacerveza, Mvf and EatS1stBassist like this.
  9. Bassngtr

Bassngtr

Jul 21, 2007
    Methuen, MA
    Haven't been in this thread for a while. Happy New Year to all.

Been playing my 200c at church last few months (for very limited in-person and 'DI-out to live-stream' services). Playing with master at ~10 o'clock. WOW does it sound great, esp. with my Sire M2 5 string. Needed a couple low Eb and D notes last Sunday - made me smile all over. At our other location I used my Rumble 30 v2 and it was always plenty, even with the 5 string.
    I had been gigging with my rock band with my 200c + Eden D210XLT - sounded awesome. That cab is heavy for me at this point in my life (it's a hair under 70 lbs).

Also noticed in that image from Reverb 2020 combo amp sales, there was no 200c listed - IMO that's because none of us wants to sell our 200c!! Love mine.

10. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    D2C6C2E3-E551-4438-9715-6CA7AA211106.jpeg I found this picture from a couple of years back. I had converted the grill and emblem on an Ampeg PF210 to a Fender look basically to use as an extension cabinet with my Rumble 210 cabinet, powered by my Fender TBP-1 and a power amp (obviously I couldn’t run both out of my 500c). It was a pretty cool looking Fender stack, and my Fender RB5 makes it look even better!

11. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Will the black grill cloth from the 210 cabinet fit right up to a 500c?

12. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

It is my understanding that all dimensions of the R200c, R500c & both colors of 210 cab are identical. So, yes, all those grille frames should be interchangeable.

I know of at least one Rumbler here*, maybe more, who have both a regular R40 and a Rumble Studio 40 and does switch the grilles on them.

*I need to find out who that is since, I think, this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've referenced them.

chupacerveza, Miles_ONeal and donahue like this.
  13. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Thanks. Do you know if there are just grilles for sale anywhere?

14. Sierra Hotel

Sierra Hotel Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Northeast US
    None
    The Fender website sells replacement fabric (including black), and there are 3rd parties that sell fabric. I've done a little googling and found no replacement grills per se. There are however videos on YTU (You Tube University as I refer to it) that show you how to replace the fabric.

chupacerveza and donahue like this.
  15. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Making a grill yourself should not be too hard: 4 small strips of wood, a couple of corner strengthening brackets (or alike), some black (spray) paint and you can nail the fabric on it.
    It would be a cool DIY project, you can have several custom looks for you Rumble!

SoulReflection likes this.
  16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

I'd buy another grille if I could a place that makes them for reasonable prices. Otherwise, we're on our own.

Here's where one of our Rumblers painted his silver grille black for his R115 cab to match his Stage 800.

iagtrplyr and donahue like this.
  17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Due to the frequent question about swapping grilles, a link to @Jeremy Jones' post showing his swap of his Rumble 40 & Studio 40 grilles has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page at the end of the Rumble V3 Summary Info section. Hopefully this will provide some helpful info to our Rumblers!

Thank you, again, @Jeremy Jones for your post and support. :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

18. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    And to this day, it still looks perfect. Good quality paint, a decent number of coats sprayed on smoothly, and let it dry thoroughly. Done.

JPDsma and G-Dog like this.
  19. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    I could definitely use it. Mine had the bottom of the F snap off and either I didn't notice it or it was when someone else was moving it or help me load in or out. I never found the other piece I would have glued it back on haha

Let me know thanks

bordinco90 likes this.
  20. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Due to the frequent question about getting black grilles, a link to @iagtrplyr's post showing his paint job of his Rumble 115 grille has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page in the middle, of the Rumble Modifications section. Hopefully this will provide some helpful info to our Rumblers!

Thank you, again, @iagtrplyr for your post and support. :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

mcclurer16 and bordinco90 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021