Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    @Frank Vozak, just post a picture of your Rumble, and @G-Dog (the current club admin, and a fine fellow to boot) will be along presently to issue you with a club number! :thumbsup:

Ronzo, EatS1stBassist and G-Dog like this.
  2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Very admirable sentiments, Frankie. We'd love to have you join us! :)

Yes, Frankie, Jake is right. We'd like to see a photo of your Rumble, please, as admission. The Club is just chock full of fine gentlemen and ladies. And we're always looking to add more of the same. Not that we're all exactly alike, we're certainly not. We've got everyone from young 'uns to (uh) mature folks, newbies to old pros, jazzers to metal rockers, and everything in between. But we all share a love of our flexible and fabulous Rumble bass amps! ;)

3. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Rumbles Rock and Soul!

G-Dog and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. Just found something interesting on Reverb's site. The best selling amps of 2020 list.
    Can be found here: The Best-Selling Amps of 2020

Rumbles account for a 3rd of the top 15 list of Bass amps, the first 4 of the top 5!
    TopSellingBassAmps_2020.png

Let us continue to Rumble On in 2021!

EatS1stBassist, JPDsma, Mvf and 6 others like this.
  5. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Yeah! 2020 wasn't all bad. :thumbsup:

EatS1stBassist and Miles_ONeal like this.
  6. Frank Vozak

Frank Vozak Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    No commercial affiliation
    As noted above the math will tell you I am 68, I still don't know how to take and send pictures on the computer. Give me a snail mail address and I will gladly send you a picture of my Rumble 15---but honestly would somebody lie if they admitted to owning Fender's smallest bass amp. So far my finances and my bad knees and my very quiet band allow me to live with 15 watts and an 8" speaker. In my old days I would only play into a 10 inch speaker or more: previous amps include a Kalamazoo (Gibson brand a step below Epiphone ) Bass 50, 50 watts 2 tens and as simple of controls as you can get Volume and Tone my 68 bassman silver face with 50 tube watts and 2 12.s and then my Ampeg BT 15D with 100 watts and 2 15's. But I honestly like solid state amps, I like keeping to Fender products and my Ortho guys says no more than 25 ib lifting because. of bad knees and bad wrists. So for now a Rumble 15 is just fine especially with my Squier Mini Precision

7. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    No problem with me @Frank Vozak. I know what a Rumble Combo15 looks like and you are welcome over at the Bassists of the '60's Club...;);),

8. Representative picture:
    735CF9ED-4BD2-4367-ADB2-EB8FE58C657B.jpeg

@G-Dog, can we give Frank a number based on this? Happy New Year!

9. Frank Vozak

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    I would like a number for both Rumble Club and bassists of the 60's club. Being a member of Rumble Club will allow me one more hindrance to let my eyes wander out of Fender Rumble territory

10. Frank Vozak

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    That looks just like my Rumble 15 in the flesh

11. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

The Rumble 15 is one of the few, if not only, models to exist in all 3 Versions, V1 (2003-2010), and V2 (2010-2014) and V3 (2014-today)! Do you know which one you have, Frankie? ETA: Oh, I see you admitted to the V3.

That's a very nice pic of a V3 Rumble 15, Ronnie. But what if his is a old V2, or an even older V1, instead? OK, okay.. Yeah, so what, eh? It won't be the first first time we've admitted a new member without an actual picture, but on his word.

@Frank Vozak, you are now member #1281 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Put your Rumbke number in your TalkBass signature by clicking on your username at the top right of your browser and then click on "Signature" from the drop down menu. Also, check out the Rumble Club Wiki page with all kinds of Rumble info.

Frankie, tell us of your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. We have all kinds here, but we all love to ... . . . .

Rumble On!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  12. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Frankie, besides the Bassists of the '60s Club you could also post admission requests in the Combo Club, since your Rumble 15 is a combo amp, and any other groups you might be interested in which are listed and linked here:

13. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
  14. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I have a jazz gig tomorrow(1/3)using my R100 and _________ bass. We start at 9....A.M.:eek: @ "Harry and the Natives" in Hobe Sound, FL. I'll be there and ~1030 I might wake up.
    EDIT: haven't decided which bass to take. Leaning toward the Les Paul 5er.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  15. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Sic 'em, Goner! Sic 'em!

Dog grinning.gif
    Rumble On!

EatS1stBassist, TheMaartian and Ronzo like this.
  16. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    The Bass 50 is the only Kalamazoo I haven’t got my hands on. Should have had bass and treble, tho, not just tone?

Yeah, the Bass 30 is heavy enough.

chupacerveza and EatS1stBassist like this.
  17. Frank Vozak

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL

EatS1stBassist and Miles_ONeal like this.
  18. Frank Vozak

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    I have Fender Rumble 15 V3 manufactured in 2018. Thank you for the lineage of the Rumble 15. This info will give me a chance to learn more detailed lineage of my amp.

chupacerveza and EatS1stBassist like this.
  19. Frank Vozak

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    I traded in my Bass 50 on a Fender Bassman Silver face in 1968. In retrospect, bad move. Then again selling my Bassman and my Ampeg were bad moves too/ Have limited equalization was a real negative but with a 67 Fender Mustang it worked pretty well and having 50 watts 2 10 inch speakers and an ingeneous control module in a little drawer that was push into the back for travel was a pretty neat design. The only similar convenience high power amp in the Ampeg tube and transistor series B15, BT 15 and BT 15D Portaflex amps. And with modern effects boxes the lac k of equalization can be remedied. But now bad wrists and bad knees make me a member of the less than 25 pound amp club.

20. Frank Vozak

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    One advantage of my Fender Rumble V 3 is that it does open the possibility of playing with my Cantor's instrumental music sections for Musical Shabbat on one Friday night of the month. Its a small non intrusive amp with modest volume that won't compete with the guitar and the piano and the Cantor's voice none of which are amplified (my Cantor has a voice with the volume of a Fender Bassman, the beams in the sanctuary resonate with his voice. Granted, his Yiddish Singing Group was nominated for a Grammy in 2018. As I think about it, the Rumble 15 will be a keeper for me even if I move up to one of the higher wattage Rumbles in the future.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021