Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that out. It is very helpful and much appreciated. I have plenty of amps but have a GAS attack for a Rumble. Its not urgent so I think I'll do like you and take my time to find a good deal on a used basically whatever model pops up locally. The 200c seems like a good start and the best bang for the buck as a starting point. I have plenty of non Rumble cabs so maybe I'd spring for a head but that's not the full rumble experience either. 200c is top of the list. Thanks

chupacerveza, ubernator, Mvf and 2 others like this.
  2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    The 200c is my favorite amp and even more so when I added a 210v3 to it! Wow!

3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    When I had my 112v3, I hooked it up to my 200c a few times. The sound was great, but it sat here in the house for over a year 'cos there wasn't a place that I needed any more than the 200c. Rather than having it sit here for no reason, I sold it.
    I'd hafta to start getting a lotta hi-$ gigs to warrant getting another cab. Especially since I can always daisy chain the R100/R200c.:thumbsup:

chupacerveza, Ronzo, Mvf and 2 others like this.
  4. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Thr NYE gig went OK. Not a lotta ppl but they like us. And the fact we don't blast them outta the room. The 200c was plenty(the R100 woulda been enuff).

5. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Glad to hear it. Happy new year to you and everybody here at TB.

EatS1stBassist, Mvf, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  6. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Seconded.

7. Our new years gig went well, but not a big crowd, Rumble 100, first time we set up in this spot in an L shaped room. With the QSC subs the low end was tight and solid. Playing in Englewood tomorrow. Band leader says we have 12 gigs this month. I haven't looked at our schedule to see where all we are playing. 20201231_175655.jpg

Attached Files:

8. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Happy New Year from EatS!!

9. Happy New Year, @EatS1stBassist!

Stay strong, and be well. Prayers again sent.

10. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Thank you so much Ronzo! I really appreciate that. :)

11. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Alright, I got to go to GC and AB the 500c to the 200c extensively. Both turned on, side by side, same settings (flat per the wiki), just popping in and out the cable, riff by riff. What a hard decision. They both sound way above their price point.

Without getting too wordy: I think the 200c sounds a tad sweeter soloed than the 500c but the 500c has a tad more clarity and articulation that will sit better in a band mix. Its so close though.

The 200c OD channel sounds better through the 15 but the 500c clean sound is a little more clear which isn't necessarily better but will translate better to a mix imo.

I think if I had to record with one mic'd I would pick 200c but if I want to gig with a rock band I think it's the 500c. The 500c also sounded a tad louder on the same Master setting. And also sounded really good sitting on the floor.

My buddy made a good point that the DI out of both to FOH will sound almost identical since they are basically the same amp circuit so the audience will hear the same whether 200c or 500c

If I was blindfolded and someone was gonna hand me a free one, I wouldn't care which model they gave me.

In conclusion I think I will go 500c, but you know what I feel: if they had a 500c 212 that would be the ultimate best of all worlds! When does that model come out lol?

12. Kevin Jbass

Kevin Jbass

Dec 29, 2020
    HNY everyone!
    New to TB and thrilled there is a Rumble club. I bought a 500 combo amp from someone ...how do I know if it is a V2 or v3? I believe he purchased from GC in 2017.

chupacerveza and EatS1stBassist like this.
  13. Kevin Jbass

Kevin Jbass

Dec 29, 2020

14. Kevin Jbass

Kevin Jbass

Dec 29, 2020
    Let me try this again. I have a Rumble 500 combo. Does a Downtown express really give me anything I don’t already have besides compression? Seems like I can just add a compressor and an overdrive foot pedal and have the same results. Thoughts?

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  15. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

You got it, Kev. Adjustable compression is the only thing the Downtown Express has that your R500c doesn't. But your R500c has quite a few things the DtEx doesn't! :cool:

And the only Rumble 500 (combo or head) are V3 introduced in 2014. Show us a photo of yours and you'll get an official Rumble Club membership number! :thumbsup:

Welcome to TalkBass.

16. Kevin Jbass

Kevin Jbass

Dec 29, 2020

Attached Files:

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  17. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

That's the ticket, Keb! @Kevin Jbass, you are now member #1280 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Be sure to checkout the Rumble Club Wiki page with all kinds of Rumbling information, from pix of all 3 Versions to links to almost anything you wanna know. Take a browse around it now and then.

Then tell us about your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. We have all kinds here, but we all share a love to ... ...

Rumble On!

18. Kevin Jbass

Kevin Jbass

Dec 29, 2020
    Just bought the 028890 foot switch on EBay for $10. That will give me easy access to the overdrive on the 500c and I’ll keep using the SpectraComp bass compressor. Just saved $230 NOT BUYING the Downtown Express! Thank you!!

19. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    The next NAMM show.(or so I've heard)

20. Frank Vozak

Frank Vozak Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Oak Park, IL
    No commercial affiliation
    Bumble B I would like to get a number since I currently have a Rumble 15 but suspect I will stay in Rumble series since I want to keep to smaller amps and I want to stay with Fender in this lifetime. When I was a teen I had a Fender Bassman silverface 1968 and an Ampeg BT 15 D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021