Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    Sounds pretty much like the typical 15 vs 210 sound profiles, and 350w vs 140w. Granted to really push them in. GC is hard to get away with.

210 s are scoopy so the OD will sound more natural on a 15 unless you eq to compensate, and 210 always has that punchy articulation, but the 15 in the rumble is almost like the 15 in the son of bertha which had a very fast reponse for a 15. The SOB and the R200 have been the only 115 that I have really enjoyed on its own. Though I can only remember one time I decided to gig with just the SOB, and my mids were angrier than ever that night. Usually I used the goliath III and only brought the SOB to make the full stack. Had the SOB not been stolen I would be using that with the 200c.

I would argue that the 15 will cut through a band mix better because it is that hair on the mids that does it. 10s tend to be more transparent, solid lows and clearer highs but scooped mids. Of course you can eq to compensate either way and are not stuck solely by the speaker profiles. Old school thinking was put the 15 on the bottom. We thought the 15 was like a sub and the 10s were like mids when in reality it is the opposite. I can only imagine how much better definition and dispersion I would have had had my 410 been on the bottom and my 115 on top. It would have made me look like a "noob" back in the 90s, but man I wish I did that . now with the 200c the 210 acts as a sub and raises that 15 higher which is a huge benefit. And the grilles cover up the optical oddities.

I had used the 200c with an ampeg 210 from the black mini svt, at my first gig with the 2000 in 2015, and used my working man 10 cab with it in a few rehearsals. The SOB got stolen later that year along with the wm110t and wm10 amp, my goliath Jr II and bass350 amp/rack as well as a guitar cabinet and other small valuables including a gold watch when I ran out of gas in Victimville later that year. So my rumble has been played through acoustic b115 in a rehearsal studio, an acoustic b115neo that was backline at a show, 2x because I liked it so much the first time that I did it again. So really any decent 115 makes a slamming addition to it. Of course the 112 was what I used for most of the other gigs but if I had a chance to plug into a bigger cab I would. One time there was a 212 GK cab, and that thing absolutely slammed, reminded me of the days playing the big SWR rig.

I have yet to really crank the 210 yet, but it sounded good the 2 rehearsals I used it at before deciding to leave it at home. I am pretty sure it will slam pretty well though, but 212 is much more air than 115, and that made a difference that one time.

If you end up with a 500 you can always add a 115 and if you get a 200 you can add a 210 and in both cases get the best of both worlds despite what the mixed driver police says.

But in their defense, those backline gigs where I put the 200c on top of the 115neo bottom cab from the backline rig, which is very similar in dimensions to the rumble combo, something magical did happen. All those years as a 10s guy... And I find I really like 15 s. Or having both because f the MD police!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. Mvf

Mvf

Feb 1, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    Get both, that’s what I did.
    I can take any of them for rehearsals, and of course for gigs too. But I can also daisy chain them and get a 490w 2*10 + 1*15 stack.
    Plus I have a spare amp, should something happen to the other, not that I have ever had any amps failing me during my 45 (or so) bass playing years.

3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Luckily, the V3 Rumbles 15, 25, LT25, 40, Studio 40 and 100 all qualify for the less than 25 pound amp club, should you wish to upgrade output and/or features in the future. ;)

Nothing I love better than playing along to a truly great singer, unless it's also singing backup for/with them, especially in a worship service. Frankie, you're quite blessed to have such an opportunity and I wish you a long and enjoyable association with them. :thumbsup: Do, indeed, please continue to tell us of your journey as you ... Rumble On!

4. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

I'm shocked and saddened at the news of the passing of this fine man. Bob, you will be sorely missed by all those you've served, and touched by your service, throughout your life. Thank you for your service, your enthusiasm and your dedication to the ideals you so exemplified. :(

In memoriam, Bobhmcs, Rumbler #982

20200809_111223-01.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    CallMeAl, ak56, OldFunBass and 12 others like this.
  5. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    I am very sorry to hear this. G-Dog, thanks for posting such a nice tribute to Bobhmcs. And a wonderful photo too.

6. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    :(:(:(

7. There is also the option of 2x500C. Linked together that’s 750W into 4x10. Built in redundancy and you can have one at home and the other at practice if needs be.

chupacerveza, JPDsma and Mvf like this.
  8. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Interesting. What is the best way to link them together? Pre out of one into the power amp in on the other? How do you arrive at 750 watts?

9. Sierra Hotel

Sierra Hotel Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Northeast US
    None
    There’s some good info on the combining the combos on the Rumble wiki here.

10. Oops - 700 Watts

chupacerveza, Mvf and donahue like this.
  11. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Aw, man. Hugs and prayers for everyone who knew this wonderful man.

12. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Wow! I am in total agreement about putting my 210 under my 15” it sounds awesome. Just solid as hell!

13. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Bless the Soul that gives up the flesh.

ak56, JPDsma, SoulReflection and 2 others like this.
  14. Mvf

Mvf

Feb 1, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    Effects out from one combo to the effects return on the other combo. Everything (volume, tone...) is then adjusted from the controls on the ”master” combo

15. Rumble 100 punches through at benefit gig with lame/weird PA setup. First time no PA support with the rumble.
    We had a one hour slot Sunday for a benefit gig for a fellow musician in the outdoor pavilion of a social club lodge that we have done benefits at before. We were told just to bring our amps.
    When I was sitting in my car with my wife getting ready to go to the benefit, my BL/drummer calls and says the bass player for the band before us hadn't showed up and we were going on next. So I get there and there is a very large crowd and there is a pile of equipment along the back of the stage area but just a little Kustom PA speaker on each side in front of the band. I handed the guy running the PA my line out from a direct box, but it was never really hooked up to anything. (when I muted my amp, I could just hear a faint treble sound near the mixing board.) The vocals sounded like crap in the PA, which sounded like the horns were not working, and they had a crappy PA speaker behind us which just created feedback. You can see in the one pic my Rumble and my guitar player's amp with the setlists on them.
    When I was softly playing a little bit before starting, The guitar player on the other side of the stage said I needed to turn up. I told him I WILL be loud enough and Hit a few notes at playing volume. Well we did our set and I had the Rumble 100 cranked and did a good job of punching through. The next day on our message board the drummer wondered why we were cranked up on stage when we were going though the PA and I explained all that stuff was just for show and wasn't hooked up. PA 22.jpg 20210103_182157 (1).jpg

16. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Congrats to you and your Rumble! Man, if I had a dollar for every time this has happened or almost happened to me... :laugh:

JPDsma and John Stephen like this.
  17. I'm a solid fan. I owned a 60 Watt Rumble when they came with rat fur covering and pulsing LEDs. Did NOT like the tone, so sold it. A couple of years later I tried one at the music store. Holy Crap! I instantly got 'my' sound on it. The decision was how much power did I need/want? I went with the 200 Watt, ver III and gigged it for the last 3 years of my bar band career. In a downsizing trend, I have also owned the ver III model 100, 40 and currently the 25 Watt amp. I use the 25 for at home practice and small jams since I don't gig any more. I recommend the line to anyone.

18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

That's terrific, Andy! How about showing us a photo of one, some, or preferably all of your Rumbles and I'll give you an official Rumble Club membership number?

chupacerveza and EatS1stBassist like this.
  19. zZippy

zZippy

Oct 13, 2018
    British Columbia
    Can I please join. Here’s my 100 (I also have a 25).

2BCD445D-A5F6-43CA-9245-AD7A4EEED5A9.jpeg

20. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Well my new 100c came in today and I love it. It's light as a feather compared to my 500c and sounds great. I debadged mine as well. I'm glad I bought another one. I anyone wants the logo let me know.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021