Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. supremo

supremo

Oct 20, 2008
    Here is my new Rumble 200!
    IMG_20210106_120355.jpg

Skeza, CallMeAl, Heavy Blue and 13 others like this.
  2. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Looks like it's ready to do business. Nice! Congrats. (And the bass ain't bad either.)

chupacerveza likes this.
  3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

That is superb, supy! @supremo, you are now member #1285 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Put this number in your TB Signature for safe keeping. And checkout the Rumble Club Wiki page for all kindsa Rumbling info.

Please tell us of your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. We here all love to ... . . . .

Rumble On!

chupacerveza likes this.
  4. I have a Rumble 100, but I am curious about the tweeter in the R200 and R500 and the rumble cabinets. I was looking at the block diagram and couldn't tell if there is a crossover used. I was thinking that with any speaker with a crossover to the tweeter, if you turn the tweeter off, that rolls off your highs at that point even if the woofer could go above the crossover frequency. In other words if the the crossover is at 3K, the woofer may be able to go to 4K, but when you turn the tweeter off you are not going to get that 4K from the woofer unless the crossover is bypassed.

FronTowardEnemy likes this.
  5. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    The woofer is not affected by the tweeter switch nor is there a high pass coil going to the woofer to stop it from getting highs as far as I am aware of.

And even in cabs I have owned in the past with more elaborate crossovers and actual tweeter horns, it didn't seem like they were being cut off at the high register at any significant point in the range they are effeciant in.

And most piezo tweeters like we have in the rumbles and the old set working mans cabs don't need a crossover, it is built in or inherent.

The cabs have a 6db pad option but I don't think it counts as a crossover

I was a big tweeter guy in the late 90s up to 2001 when I liked a clean modern clanky tone, but once I started going for the Geddy thing or needed to use distortion the tweeters got turned off. And I don't like a round tone devoid of highs and never use the vintage switch, and I am happy with the top end response of the 15 with the tweeter off, though I do always have bright on and usually add a little treble, 1 or 2 O clock and up to 3 or more if the strings are dead.

I have 200c

EatS1stBassist, JPDsma and donahue like this.
  6. Thanks for the info. I have been flip flopping on the vintage switch, but I think I am going to not use it because I like some highs and do a little string popping, but I always go through the PA

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  7. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    And since we haven't gone through PA in the last 3 years, Vintage on/in.

8. Pulverizor

Pulverizor

Jun 14, 2018
    New Zealand
    Just a heads up Rumblers:
    The scratchy pot thing that sometimes happens on the gain or master volume controls can actually come through the DI WITHOUT affecting the speaker outs.
    Just stick it on mute and twiddle the knob til it clears up.

9. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Forgot to post a pic of my little badge-less Rumble family! I love em!
    RUMBLES .jpg

10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

That's great, bordy! But, you misspelled "[email protected]" which, I'm sure, is what you meant. 'Cause, ... you know, ... like, ... they so are! :thumbsup:

11. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Handsome!

Ronzo and bordinco90 like this.
  12. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    F8A1BD9B-28AC-462C-8235-DCE39F506782.png

It's here!

I finally got an extension cab for my Fender Rumble 500.

I've quit gigging for the most part, and couldn't really justify spending the money, but last month someone called needing a fill in that night for a Christmas party.
    I really didn't know what the situation was, if I needed to drive the room or not as I didn't get much info, just "can you do it? Thanks, bye!" I didn't think it was a big place, nor a real loud band, but didn't want to push my Rumble too hard, so I took my bigger rig, which is more than I really wanted to lug to a fill in gig of this type.
    I was thinking the extension speaker could save me in most of the situations where I don't know for sure what I need. If I show up and don't need it, I don't have to set it up.

I got it in today, just a new year purchase...
    It really gives the amp that exta kick. And both together are still compact and light enough to make it an easy load.

All in all it's what I wanted. I'm not going to be playing out much for a while but when I get a chance to play, this is going with me.

Thanks to everyone who recommended it!

13. Kevin Doyle

Kevin Doyle

Oct 7, 2020
    Hey, so I've been trying to buy a Rumble 100 and have been having terrible problems. The first one I got buzzed and the volume cut in and out. I returned it and got my replacement today. It seems to work mostly (I can hear the difference between the Vintage, contour, and bright channels but the Overdrive doesn't do anything other than introduce some extra hiss.

14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Yay, jd! Looks great. I'm sure it sounds great, too.

Say, how did you ever come out on frequency analysis of the horn in your R500c? Is it working? How does it compare to the one in the extension cab?

Maybe the third time's the charm?

15. Kevin Doyle

Kevin Doyle

Oct 7, 2020
    I’m trying to post a video so you guys can tell me I’m not crazy. Is it possible to post a video?

16. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, lots of people do it (I've only done it with still photos myself). When you click "reply" to post a message, there should be a button at the lower right of the message space, saying "Upload a File". So click on that, and it should enable you to post a photo or video file.

17. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    You know, I went to GC after they opened back up and tried one there, fkipping the horn switch and it reacted the same way, so I figured it's just made that way.

I have yet to test the horn on the extension cab. Like many, I wouldn't have used it anyway... I don't know what I was belly aching about anyway except I just wanted it to work like it was supposed to... I'm sort of anal about that stuff even when it's not a big deal... I'm weird I know, lol!

18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Quite understandable. I, too, never heard any significant difference that the horn makes on my R500c. Same with the horn in my Bassman 115 neo cab. But, I never felt like those sounds could be improved significantly, either. So, ... :whistle:

But, do please chime in on that if you do hear a difference in your extension cab. Nosy, ... uh, .... enquiring Rumblers would like to know. :)

19. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Will do! Have really cranked it yet.

I did flip the vintage switch on, and noticed how much the extension cab really brought out that feature. Could be in my head or juat because the amp is higher now, but overall thats a nice sound in this confirmation.
    Don't know how that would blend in a mix, but that's a good tone to play around with at home.

20. a-37

a-37

Apr 23, 2015
    Helsinki
    And you are turning both gain and drive knobs to test it? Drive alone does not seem to do anything from what I remember. You also need enough gain. I no longer have a "traditional" Rumble to test this (got a Rumble Studio 40) so please someone more familiar with the controls do correct me if I'm wrong.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021