1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ColmBass

ColmBass

Apr 11, 2021
    Ireland
    How's a going folks. I was hoping I might get one of them fancy numbers you guys have? I just picked up my new stage 800 last week but the site was down in the meantime. I've been lurking around this forum for a while trying to decide whether or not to get the stage 800 and I got loads of inside info here. Between here and Billy the kids YouTube vids, I went for it and I can absolutely say, no amount of YouTube vids or forum threads could have prepared me for how this Rumble actually sounds. It's class. I'm still playing around with it so loads to discover still. So I'd just like to say thanks for all the advice I've got from here

I also have a newbie question about the amp compression if anybody could clarify it for me. Each amp has its own built in compression, which goes from low 1-3, mid 1-3, high 1-3, and max 1-3? I'm right in saying this just refers to the level of compression rated 1-12, and not compression over the low, mid and high frequencies??

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

It's going great here, Colmy, since TB is back online! Here ya go: @ColmBass, you are now member #1334 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome to TalkBass in general and to The Club in particular. Put that number in your TB Signature for safe keeping and to be instantly recognized as a bassist of distinction. And checkout the Rumble Club Wiki page as the repository of all Rumbling wisdom and knowledge.

Tell us a bit about your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. You're bound to fit right in here as we have all kinds.

As a Stage 800 owner we ask that you please refer such discussions of such Rumble modeling features to The Club's Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800 sub-thread in order to spare our non-modeling Rumblers from these more technical aspects. I will personally begin investigating your query for answering there, directly, though there may be others there with the answer on the tips of there keyboard, if not tongue. :D

So, let us all. ... ...

Rumble On!

3. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    FINALLY....

Band has been on hiatus for about two months as drummer was involved in a car accident and broke a rib and his collarbone. Thank god that was the only damage to him, but car, unfortunately, totaled! I've been very busy with work and with no jams happening for a while, my gear has been missing me (and I them). Got a call yesterday and drummer was ready to give it a go, so today was the day and boy was it fun!!

We were a bit rusty understandably, but things clicked quickly and we just dived into it. Just about 5 hours in total (with many breaks and lot's of catching up). I've been able to play on my Studio 40 a few times, but been a while since I cranked up the 500 combo sitting on top the 112. Man - I've been missing that!! My geddy sounded great - recently put on new EB cobalt flats - and was really putting some power into our power trio!:bassist:

I do enjoy playing/practicing alone, but there just is simply nothing like jamming with your bandmates - it does a body GOOD! :thumbsup:

4. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    You got that right!! Congrats on getting back to it.

5. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    I don't enjoy playing/practicing alone and I can't find my bandmates :bawl:. But, I am looking for new ones...

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
    My Rumble 200c v3 with my trusty old Ibanez SR755
    I'll post a pic with the Rumble 40 when it arrives.
    SR775a.jpg

7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, @CallMeAl, for starting your V3 Rumble Reliability Data thread. It has now been linked in the Rumble Club Threads section of the Rumble Club Wiki! This is a very interesting, if unscientific, thread that perhaps reveals more about human nature than the actual topic espoused.

Thanks for this, Al. Today's posts brought back to my attention. :smug:

Rumble On!

8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Hey, that's a very nice closeup, cb! :roflmao: @cb56, you are now member #1335 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Checkout your Rumble Club Wiki page, the repository of all Rumbling wisdom and knowledge.

It's a pleasure to have such a long-time TB veteran amongst us, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger. There's others here, too. And some of us johnny-come-lately TBers have several decades of bass experience, also. Help us get to know you with a bit about your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular, please. You're in good company here, where we all love to ... ...

Rumble On!

9. Katoosie

Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    I bought a new bass online and as I was buying it, the website said it was in stock. Turns out it has to be imported from the US of A first.

Kinda sucks but it's not that bad. My NBD will have to wait close to 2 months, though.

I'm okay. I'm not crying.

10. 20GLJazz

20GLJazz Supporting Member

Well, what kind of bass?

BBassBassington and Katoosie like this.
  11. Katoosie

Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Not gonna spoil it :)

12. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey

Apr 12, 2021
    UK
    Hi. I got a Mk I Rumble 25 at Christmas.
    Perfect for a little home practice (I don't gig).
    I am running a Zoom B1X Four through the FX loop at the moment, but am thinking of doubling up with another B1 Four out front too!
    Great little amp.

13. 20GLJazz

That is so wrong...

Ronzo, SoulReflection and Katoosie like this.
  14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

That's terrific, Sky! Post a pic of your Rumble here, preferably with the red lights on, and get a free membership in The Club! We love seeing all Fender Rumbles and reading how they're used!!

And welcome to TalkBass!

15. cxc

cxc

Sep 17, 2020
    NC
    Does my humble 25 qualify for admittance to the club? Planning to add a 100 as soon as I can A/B with the Ampeg rb112.

AC0B42CA-45C0-4F14-B092-4F131F728BB4.jpeg

16. 20GLJazz

Mine did!

17. 20GLJazz

With that lead time I'll bet it's a MIA Geddy Lee Jazz... ;)

JPDsma and Katoosie like this.
  18. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey

Apr 12, 2021
    UK
    Here it is. Not bad nick for an 18yr old amp! The original owner was apparently an old jazzer who only played this one at home (no cats or dogs!). Still got the showroom sticker!!

20201026_182849.jpg

19. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    Nice vintage amp!

SkyMonkey likes this.
  20. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey

Apr 12, 2021
    UK
    So, when do I get my Rumble badge and matching hat? ;)

Katoosie likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021