Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Let's not get too personal there.:whistle:

2. trseal

trseal

Mar 18, 2021
    NorCal
    It is inescapable! Fortunately, they have a "fix" for that now...

Tim

3. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yeah(sigh), I'm hip.:sorry:

Ronzo, SoulReflection, trseal and 2 others like this.
  4. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    You know if it weren't for the whole physical aging thing I'd love getting older. :unsure:

5. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I prefer stage right because at our church (the main place I play), the drummer is behind plexiglass stage left. It's still really loud, so I prefer to be as far across the stage as I can get away with. The only other option is center stage, which is not only loud, but where I might hit the drum cage.
    I was playing at another church as well pre-covid, and there if I played stage left, I was right up against a wall. Stage right was far enough from the drummer not to worry.
    If I get paying gigs, I'll play wherever the payer tells me to. If I find the right band, we'll work it out. I can't stand to stand still playing, so wherever I am, I need some room to move at least a little, even if I have to do a Peter Buck early REM days impersonation.

6. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I plan to live to 120 in good health, to take advantage of just that.

7. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    First rap I remember hearing was the Hombres with Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out), circa 1967.

8. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    That's a good plan and I wish you the best of luck with it! :cool:

Miles_ONeal and John Stephen like this.
  9. Miles_ONeal

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    Could you cheat and use a capo (for things like D#G#C#A#)?
    Thanks! Aim high, my friend.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  10. @BBassBassington well said. RATM is certainly real emotion. Real words. Real music. Real resonates for sure.

BBassBassington likes this.
  11. RL5

RL5

Nov 9, 2020
    Colorado Springs
    That would be a great plan if weren't for the whole need for money thing. If I die 5 years before I retire, I should be OK financially. (kidding)

12. Seeking advice:

Where and what should I look for, to add feet to the side of my 210 v3 cabs to stack them sideways?

Bonus points if you can help me keep it to where I can still use the slip covers!

13. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    eddie16 and munkeyfish like this.
  14. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    How 'bout little squares of VelcroTM-both pieces facing. Very thin. Or just the 'softer' side.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021

15. Worth a shot. Lord knows o have a bunch of velcro!

16. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    (sigh) Don't we all?

17. trseal

trseal

Mar 18, 2021
    NorCal
    The modern day duck tape...

Tim

18. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
  19. tommytavo

tommytavo

Mar 29, 2021
    Hey all, I’m having a bit of an issue & am needing some advice.

I have some gigs coming up where I plan to use my passive fender P/J in standard and my Ernie ball stingray 4h for a few drop d songs we have. I just recently acquired the ray & have been having issues finding volume unity between the 2 when switching back and forth on my fender rumble 500. With the p/j, I always have the gain turned almost all the way up for a distinct growly tone that fits my band’s sound perfectly. It is to my understanding that the ray has a much more powerful/hot output, so I know I need to roll the gain off a bit when I plug it in. I CANNOT find the sweet spot to cut through the mix and be loud enough with it. Every time I switch to the ray during rehearsal I have to stop and shag with my amp & always end up just having to crank it to be heard. Any advice? For reference, the EQ on the ray is all set midway. I would like to be able to use the same amp EQ settings for quick guitar changes. Thanks in advance

20. eddie16

eddie16

Jan 11, 2005
    KC, MO
    Not sure what kind of EQ options you have on the Ray (2-band, 3-band, etc), but if you're not cutting through the mix I always start by rolling off the bass eq (and/or try boosting some mids, depending on what freq the mid knob is, or if it even has a mid knob). I also like my secondary bass having on-board eq for this reason; you can set the amp's eq to work with your passive bass (p/j) then tweak away on the Ray's eq. Second option would be, once you find good amp-eq settings for the Ray, try some compromise options in the middle of the two eq settings (pj vs ray), for something that at least 'works' for both.

That said, I'm pretty confident this is not a unique problem, as several companies make pedals just for this reason. Radial's bassbone comes to mind, EBS has something similar I think. If eq adjustments on the bass/amp don't get you where you want, it might be worth looking at pedals that let you have (essentially) a separate pre-amp/gain for each bass. Also in the pedal realm you could get an OD/drive pedal for your PJ to give you the growl and leave the amp on a clean setting that plays better with both basses. Going used for these pedals makes it a less painful option, and if you buy used, easy to sell back if it doesn't end up working.

Personally, I switch between a PJ and an active Ibanez, and I adjust the settings on my Diamond compressor pedal depending on which bass I'm using. It has a tilt-eq knob in addition to the compression controls and I know where I like to turn the knobs for each bass. But I'm running that compressor even when I'm just using one bass so that's just my preference, ymmv.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021