Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    True-if I'm using the 200c, but the CD's also sound fine through the 40 or 100. Kinda depends on the CD player and what EQ's it has(jazz, classic, flat, rock, etc.)

2. At jams I connect my iPhone to it to reference a new song if needed. Sounds fine

3. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX

Michael Favata likes this.
  4. p12bassnut

p12bassnut Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Texas
    Got bored and decided to mod my grab and go practice combo amp.

Rumble 100 v3 Mod :

-Changed stock speaker to Eminence USA Beta 12A-II
    -Lined inside with 1/2” acoustical foam.
    -Added rear dish with 2 combo Neutrik 1/4-Speakon jacks.
    Short cable when used as a combo- cable fits within the recessed dish.
    This allows me to use the box as a combo or to use the box with a different amp if I want.
    Tone is a lot tighter and has much better focus and volume (higher sensitivity speaker).
    See Pics
    I have a material list from PartsExpress if anyone needs the info.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Holy hot rod, bassnut! @p12bassnut, you are now member #1364 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Put that number in your TB Signature for safe keeping. Why, you seem to have already done most of the main mods in the Rumble Modifications section of your Rumble Club Wiki page. I'm sure many of us would love to see your parts list.

Please tell us a bit about yourself and your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. You'll fit right in here since we have all kinds. But we all like to ... ...

Rumble On!

6. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Nowadays whenever I gig I mainly only use my Rumble 500 combo and the extension cab. If it were a smaller gig I'd just take the combo.

I couldn't be happier with the weight, power, and sound.

My only complaint is the flimsy logo on the extension cab snagged on the cover and broke, I glued it back on but it looks bad.

I'm planning on replacing both with a metal aftermarket emblem. I know some say take off the logos, but I like the look of them... I guess it's because the earliest memories I have were staring at my uncle's Fender amps.

It has become my main rig, I probably won't use any of my other amps from now on. I don't play many big outdoor gigs on huge stages anymore.

This is a fine setup for me.

7. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Fender Blackface Logo.jpg These are nice...

8. Giffro

Giffro Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    As SR says..They are nice..I also replaced the flimsy logo with these too..the Blackface metal logo..a solid better alternative.

FENDER BLACKFACE LOGO.JPG

9. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Well, howdy, Giffro!
    er, G'day!

10. Giffro

Giffro Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    G'Day Cobber loll

11. G-Dog

Cheers, mate! Too right! That's a bottler! :woot:

It's a rip snorter to see ya, Giffy! Me own brother from another mother in the down under, such a wonder! Grouse! Fair suck of the say! Good on ya! No wuckers! How's it hangin' since that knock on the noggin' all them years ago, was it? Ace, sweet and spiffy, I'm hoping! :thumbsup:

Ta for poppin' 'round! Don't go walkabout so long again, eh? Been missin' yer gob 'round here, we has! ;)

Hooroo for now. :cool:

BBassBassington and Giffro like this.
  12. Giffro

Giffro Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Put a dent in the back door when I headbutted it coming up the back steps, put an egg size lump on the top of my head, but it made me forget my arthritis for awhile loll Aussie Shiraz does that too lol Hi Doggy..how do you do..err did that come out as doggy-do?

13. G-Dog

Ah, you know me! Doggy see, doggy do. :roflmao:

tenor (2).gif
    Glad you're out and about again!

14. Giffro

Giffro Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Ok..2am..time to get some shut-eye..that's sleep in 1 eye..I keep the other eye on the Rumble in case the wife wants to roll it outta the lounge room and make more room for her darn shoe purchases..talk about another Imelda Marcos (look her up lol) I mean my wife has 1 pair of feet and enough shoes to start a shoe shop... talk about obsessive and thats got nothing to do with me owning 8 basses and 3 amps loll

15. G-Dog

Count yourself lucky, Giffy. Mrs. Dog seems to collect sewing, embroidery, serger, bobbin-winding, quilting, etc. machines & gadgets, software, designs, patterns and fabrics of all sorts! Why, just one of her big machines cost more'n all my guitars, basses, amps and gear combined!

But, I gotta admit, she don't hesitate when I do find something I "need". ;)

16. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    That sounds like a very solid partnership, G-Dog. Good on 'ya.

17. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Welcome back, stranger ;).

18. Bassdoggydogg

Bassdoggydogg

Jan 29, 2021
    Finally got my rumble 410 cab and 800 hd yesterday. WOW this thing is off the hook! I'll post a new rig day topic in a second.

19. Bassdoggydogg

Bassdoggydogg

Jan 29, 2021
    Thread posted.

20. ColdEye

ColdEye Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Got my rumble 100 delivered a couple of hours ago. Man this thing is awesome. My previous combos or head+cabs were heavy but this one is so easy to pick up. My JMJ mustang sounds pretty good on it, quite a change from just playing with the head phones + PJB Big Head.

And as for playing music, i.e. using it as a big boom box, with some EQ it removes the boxiness. Would the 200 with a tweeter sound better? Or maybe replace the stock speaker with an Eminence as previously posted.

BBassBassington likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021