Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    I got these from Amazon when I lost a foot off my R800C. It is a 8-pack, so it’s more expensive than the ones @SoulReflection linked; but, as I mentioned before, they are virtually identical to the ones that come on the 2x10 cab. Looks like the ones SR linked are too. I suggest using real wood screws, though. Those little sheet metal(-ish) screws can pull out too easily.

Regarding the cover: I looked at mine (the Fender-branded cover), and I think there’s enough slack in the cover to go over side-mounted feet. It may make it a little more difficult to put it in; but, it looks like it would fit.

2. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Mustn't say it...mustn't say it...mustn't say it.:bag:

3. I read somewhere that Cheap Trick use to open for KISS and would blow away the headliner to the point KISS did not want CT to open for them. Not sure if true or not as I have not seen either of the bands live....

This is not Cheap Trick's best song they did but I guess it was popular with the kids on Mtv.....

[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    SoulReflection likes this.
  4. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA
    Just borrowed this "stealth edition" Rumble 100 on a permanent basis from a buddy of mine who quit playing. I gigged it once at a private party and enjoyed what it's got to offer. Took the bucks from that show and bought a new speaker for it (beta 12a); that has really improved and evened out the sound. Now I'm dual Rumble equipped!

I gotta say also, I opened up the actual amplifiers on both my 500c and this 100, and it'd be fairly easy to put the power unit from the larger amp into the smaller combo if you so desired. Put a robust driver in and give it the full beans!

13488F06-3288-4A4C-B537-2A65181CD7EF.jpeg

5. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
  6. Ted S

Ted S

Sep 20, 2018
    IMG_2307.JPG This pic is from a post of mine from 2018; Lively discussion back then (and still today) regarding 500c vs Stage 800. As you can see, I too had opportunity to compare A/B. I do respect the option of others. May I share mine? After the initial misgivings about the 800 (too complex, to difficult to get the tones I wanted, just too many options... I eventually grew to love the thing, and am glad I perservered in my efforts to tame the beast! Fast Forward to 2021, I also replaced my rehearsal Rumble 40 with the Studio so I have access to the exact same features, regardless of which amp I am using. I do not need an effects pedal board nor tuner. Footswitch is extremely useful in making pre-planned settings changes during a gig. Love it. My personnal opinion is that the Stage and Studio turned out to be excellect choices afording me great tone, effects and convenience options.

G-Dog, Ronzo, Miles_ONeal and 5 others like this.
  7. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

[/QUOTE]
    Yes...it actually IS Cheap Trick's best song ;) IMO, of course! I could listen to it daily! But Im a huge CT fan.
    Now the KISS thing...I don't know, maybe in the very early years ...Ive never read that, but from 1977-1990 KISS was an amazing spectacle to behold all 6 times I saw them live...incredible shows! I have seen CT about the same amount of times, and although I love them and they always have a great show...no one put on a sonic circus like KISS did!
    Ok, now back to our usual Rumbling...

8. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Yes...it actually IS Cheap Trick's best song ;) IMO, of course! I could listen to it daily! But Im a huge CT fan.
    Now the KISS thing...I don't know, maybe in the very early years ...Ive never read that, but from 1977-1990 KISS was an amazing spectacle to behold all 6 times I saw them live...incredible shows! I have seen CT about the same amount of times, and although I love them and they always have a great show...no one put on a sonic circus like KISS did!
    Ok, now back to our usual Rumbling...[/QUOTE]
    Tweetchie zone. My favorite CT song(cover)is "Ain't That A Shame": CT's typical "noise" behind Robin's almost soft vocals is an amazing dichotomy.

9. Kijekuyo

Kijekuyo

Oct 19, 2018
    La Mesa, CA
    Thanks for all your help, folks. I bought a used Rumble 200 from a local pawn shop today. I tried it with my old Peavey 15" cabinet, and they work well together. With two tandem 15s, I should be able to literally shake the joint and play some hardcore, Studio One-type reggae.

After reading many reviews and impressions from owners of R100s, R200s, and R500s, it became quite clear which to get for my style/sound, and that's a good feeling. Being able to add a speaker I already owned as an extension, allowing me to push twice as much air and potentially get the full 200 watts out of the Rumble, sunk the deal.

It also makes a great amp stand for my Rumble 40 when I practice at home.

Now, I need to finish putting a band together and get some gigs. I always do things in the wrong order.

10. Yes...it actually IS Cheap Trick's best song ;) IMO, of course! I could listen to it daily! But Im a huge CT fan.
    Ok, now back to our usual Rumbling...[/QUOTE]

The reason I posted the Cheap Trick video was the song title in response to previous comments about "hope it fits"...I guess I am the only one with low level humor around here......:smug:

11. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

The reason I posted the Cheap Trick video was the song title in response to previous comments about "hope it fits"...I guess I am the only one with low level humor around here......:smug:[/QUOTE]

No worries, even though I didn't get the joke, I was just appreciating the nod to Cheap Trick and found it funny cause "She's Tight" is my favorite CT song, and that video is CLASSIC!

12. I laughed out load when I read your story! I’ve been married almost 42 years. Read some of your story to my wife during our breakfast coffee. She had a good laugh also!
    I recently bought a sire V5 which I find myself playing more than my expensive Fender! Cheers to you and your long suffering wife! Lol!

13. The Sires look too good to be true. How do they sound? Quality? Opinion please

14. Miles_ONeal

Miles_ONeal Wrangler of Raucous Thunder Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Round Rock, TX
    I don't know that answer, I do know this: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." (Arthur C. Clarke) Today's machinery can be programmed to build magical instruments at amazing prices.

15. My Gretsch G2220 I got for 300 bucks is an awesome bass. It just is. And the good thing is it has no trade value so I will be stuck with it. I’m happy about that.

fredo66, JPDsma, Miles_ONeal and 2 others like this.
  16. LeMaartien

LeMaartien Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Arcachon, France
    So, you want to do it the Wyld Stallyns way? :bassist::bassist:

Kijekuyo and EatS1stBassist like this.
  17. ColdEye

ColdEye Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Just got myself a rumble 100. Now for the wait. Has anyone tried playing music thru their amps/combos? I had a PJ double4 before and it sounded pretty good. Wonder how it will sound with the rumble.

18. Kijekuyo

Kijekuyo

Oct 19, 2018
    La Mesa, CA
    I called Eddie. Says he doesn't play world beat. What a sob!

TheMaartian likes this.
  19. I play youtube audio from my computer to my rumble 25 and rumble 100 and it sounds good. They are good portable sound systems.

20. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Paging @GonePlaid! I believe he probably is the most prolific player of CDs thru Rumbles during breaks between sets. I believe his secret is turning on the Rumble's tweeter for music and off for bass.

I do it occasionally to learn new songs, tho I prefer to have a separate music source to better hear my bass playing.

SoulReflection likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021