Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio

It's like anytime your using soundman. Just tell him you need to bump it up, then he can make adjustments out front. Cheese we would never turn up the bass on purpose :)

2. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    The new phone book is here................oops meant my New V3 500 combo is here and i'm at work :(. Guess i'll have to wait :(

3. That's just me being a bass whore, but I actually wouldn't mind the bass being louder in most concerts I've been to :p

Dropped off the amp at the post office today. Here's still hoping they're too lazy to fix it and offer me an upgrade or something.

4. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    Yea I agree all that new great sub equipment, you think they could get it up in the mix. Good luck on the amp!!

5. Getting an upgrade seems unlikely. The Rumble 30 was a bargain, now I see the Rumble 2014 combo with the same price would be a Rumble 15. Now that would piss me off.

6. BloozBass

BloozBass

Oct 29, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    OK fellow Rumblers, I've been away for a bit practicing for my upcoming show, but also making what I think is an improvement. Behold the tilt back legs: TILT 1.jpg TILT 2.jpg TILT 3.jpg Also notice that the goofy looking pull tab is gone from the baffle board. I just couldn't take the looks of it any more. I've had really good luck over the years removing the baffle boards with a vinyl siding tool, so I'll stick with that.

As far as the legs, it's a mixed bag. Because the electronics take up the first 4 inches of the top rear of the amp, they had to be mounted much further forward than normal. This in turn makes the angle a little steeper. I was shooting for 35 to 40 degrees, but got 45 - which is OK by me. For my theatre work it will project up out of the pit, which is what I'm after anyway. For my blues and oldies, it will shoot the sound right to my ears, which is the purpose of this whole exercise anyway.

So post your thoughts - handy addition or total waste of time? For those interested, the legs are the 16" (medium) model, and I got them on Ebay from the Music Zoo on Long Island. Big shout out to those folks - quick shipping and very reasonable price (just under $35 with 6 or 7 $ shipping).

7. I have one of these http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician-s-Gear-Deluxe-Amp-Stand-107227142-i1322960.gc It worked well for the GK I had, but is a bit too wide for my Rumble 40. I probably have a piece of plywood or something that I can put under the amp.

8. custom300

custom300

Jan 19, 2013
    ooh.that may be problematic.

9. smartimport

smartimport

Mar 28, 2014
    Austria
    Hello! You have done a great job ! I wonder if a 500 combo would be to big or too heavy for this tiltback solution. I am still trying to figure out which combo would be the best size for me. The 100 with the tiltback option looks nice.

Did you have your amp opened up and possibly made pictures from the inside? I have a strong interrest for the possibility to put the amp out of the combo and use it as a head in a modified case.

Greetings
    Helmut

10. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    They may not call it a DI, but it is a Direct Input for a mixer. It does have a ground lift so that is a win. It also seems to balance out the signal and it is clean (I verified with headphones from a mixer before I used it live). IMO, post-eq is fine as long as gain/master volume do not affect the line out/di signal. But hey...the amp sounds great and is super light/loud for what it is. Maybe in v4 they'll fix the DI. :)

11. laklandplayer

laklandplayer Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2001
    USA - Memphis, TN
    I got a cover from Larry at LeCover.com , it fits perfectly and was 27.00 plus shipping. I Ordered Monday and had Wednesday.
    He has them in stock.
    I've ordered several for my tc and
    gk amps and the quality is superb.

Orangeclawhammr likes this.
  12. KingKrabb

KingKrabb

May 9, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    Well...

Just ordered the 500 head. :D

As soon as it gets here I'm pairing it up with the 1x15 and recording something for all of you. Cheers!

eudaimonia likes this.
  13. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Got a rumble 350 as my main amp. Sounds amazing with my precisions.

14. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    Quick review of v3 500 combo. Love the look, light as a feather. worked with it for about 45 mins-60 mins with and without 2x10 ext. cab. This thing is LOUD, got yelled at from the wifey it was shakin the crap out of the house :) Right now I have the bass at 1 oclock, mids both at 11 oclock, treble at 12 oclock. master at 10 oclock gain at 1 oclock. vintage and contour both engaged. Compression tweeter engaged. I really didn't hear alot of difference when i unplugged ext cab, which is what i wanted. The distortion oh i can't wait to surprise my band mates when i kick that baby in :) I have my 72 pbass with chromes nice smooth response and p tone. I had chromes on my jazz, wasn't a fan of tone i was getting. so i put some GHS progressives on and oh boy Heaven......i'll report more after gig Sat. we're 3 piece with lead singer, Mesa single rec and 2x12 cab, med hitting drummer custom DW kit.

15. Hotbass57,
    Which 2x10 ext. cabinet are you using?

16. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio

it's a 2x10 cab i built. It's loaded with celestion bls210 16ohm 200 watt speakers. enclosed with no horn.

17. Gotcha. Cuz I was thinking along the same lines, a vertical 2x10 would be a great extension for the 500.
    Would like to try one with the 15, but everyone here is always "gotta match the speakers, bro". Even though 10's and 15's have been used together with great success for decades.

At the gym we call it broscience. ;)

hotbass57 likes this.
  18. eudaimonia

eudaimonia

Jan 12, 2014
    Just bought Rumble 100 v3 combo for smaller gigs. I already have 500H and 115 and 410 for bigger places. Guess it's enough Rumbles for me. Unless they are releasing something new... :)

Linnin likes this.
  19. BloozBass

BloozBass

Oct 29, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Helmut - yes, I did have to open it up. First I took out the head, as it seemed to be the easiest way to access the cab - but it's completely sealed in its own little plywood box, so I couldn't get to where I needed. I put the head back in and pulled the grille and speaker to get to where I needed to be. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the areas involved.

As far as legs on the 500, I wouldn't worry about the weight. Remember, these are the same legs that supported the old Bandmasters and Dual Showmen, with their tubes and iron transformers, so they have held way more weight than the current versions of the Rumbles.

Regarding removing the head, it's a strange shape for its own box. If you put the back facing up to access the on/off switch, effects loop, cord connection, etc - the knobs on the front would be upside down. You would almost have to orient it the way it is in the combo, which I'm afraid would be unstable because it would be so tall and skinny. Sounds to me like you'd be a better candidate for one of the available heads and a separate cab. Thanks for your kind words.

20. laklandplayer

laklandplayer Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2001
    USA - Memphis, TN
    I put a new speaker in my 100. It's a coax 12" with a long excursion woofer with a foam surround used in the peavey kb 60. The stock eminence sounded uneven to me on certain notes. I have this same speaker in my old gk 200mb That is almost 30 years old (it still works great too) ImageUploadedByTalkBass1402173928.820487.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1402173960.354820.jpg here is the stock speaker I took out.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021