Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G-Dog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. wxfloyd

wxfloyd

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Hey everyone. I recently picked up a Rumble Studio 40. Unfortunately, it sounds as though the speaker may be defective. I'm getting a very distorted sound on every preset, but when using headphones everything sounds normal. Thankfully I'm getting a replacement amp sent to me, and Fender is allowing me to keep the original. Once I get the replacement, I'm going to swap speakers to see if that fixes the problem.
    If that does fix it, I wanted to ask what aftermarket/replacement speaker I should buy to replace it? If I read correctly in a previous post, it sounds like Fender does not sell OEM speakers for these amps.
    I've been looking at an Eminence Legend BP102, but some say its all low end and the mids drop off quickly. I'd like to keep it under $100, and don't necessarily need a Neo magnet speaker, but I do want to take this opportunity to maybe try a speaker to get the most I can out of the amp.

MCF, iagtrplyr and lizardking837 like this.
  2. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    wxfloyd, welcome and nice to meet ya! You could’ve knocked me over with a feather with your post. So Fender is letting you keep the old combo? Incredible. Sheesh, you’d think they’d want it back and use it for parts.

My advice: if, upon swapping drivers you find out it’s not their speaker, keep the new one and run, don’t walk to the nearest UPS location and send it back to Scottsdale (unless they refuse to pay for it), unless you wish to strip it for future parts and keep the cab as a boat anchor for this summer.

As for your question, I’m thinking you’d want a replacement speaker to mimic their specs at least. I replaced an Ampeg 8” speaker with an Eminence Alpha and couldn’t be happier, so let’s see if anyone has experience with the Legend and an offer you some sound advice.

When you get it all settled, take a picture of your new Studio 40 and find me at the Combo Club. Post it and I’ll be happy to give you a membership number. You deserve it for all your effort to get playing! BTW, you’ll love the amp.

chupacerveza likes this.
  3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Greetings, floyd! Please post a pic, or two, of your Rumble(s) in The Fender Rumble Club and join up.

Also, check out the Speaker Replacements section of the Rumble Club Wiki page, linked in my signature. User Astrosonic in those links is particularly knowledgeable and helpful.

Good luck.

4. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Rumor has it that G’Dog’s Wiki page will be part of the Library if Congress’ collection very soon. And it should too; it’s a national treasure.

lizardking837 and MCF like this.
  5. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

As a one of the few, the proud, the wiki authors, I cringe at the prospect of being included in The Library If Congress! :eek: As if, ...

6. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    What amp and pedal models would you like to see Fender add to their amps?

7. The synth engine out of the SWR MObass
    Would make a nice pedal.

Heavy Blue and lizardking837 like this.
  8. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    If they could swing a good sim, the A/DA flanger. I think I'd swoon. Trace-Elliot AH350X or maybe AH600SMX. More swoonage.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  9. ricardol

ricardol

Dec 10, 2016
    These amp models:
    - Acoustic 360;
    - simms watts AP100.

10. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I'd like to see an Eden WT series amp model and an OD that just had effect on the mid/highs.

lizardking837 and iagtrplyr like this.
  11. BarfanyShart

BarfanyShart

Sep 19, 2019
    DC Metro
    I don't know if this has been posted here yet, but I found it helpful:

Which brings me to my biggest wish, which is a much more expansive EQ patch for employing the reductive EQ technique and low passing, which works really well.

lizardking837 likes this.
  12. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    Agreed!

Same, someone posted a lengthy write up about the the Eden WTs in a thread about iconic preamps. It sounds like a really interesting amp. I kinda wish that Five Watt World would do more histories about bass amps.

The only issue with the ODs is that they kinda sound the same to me. It could just be the headphones I use, but it sounds like they only have one Overdrive and one Fuzz sound that comes out of each amp...

ricardol likes this.
  13. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I have previously owned Eden gear including a WT550 head and it was a great pre-amp that I shouldn't have ever sold.
    Agree with the OD, I would like something that just put a little grit in the signal chain with some warmth.

lizardking837 likes this.
  14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, again, @tombowlus. A link to your post describing the USB Output Options has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page near the bottom of the Stage & Studio Links section. That's a very useful piece of information that our Stage & Studio owners need to know. So, it's captured here for posterity.

Thanks very much, again and again, tommy, for sharing this. :thumbsup:

15. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
  16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thank you, once again, @Droopy_TX. A link to your posts describing the USB Output Options Details, USB Compatibility with iPad and on Audio Interfaces has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page near the bottom of the Stage & Studio Links section. These are quite helpful posts that our Stage & Studio owners need to know. So, it's captured here for posterity.

Thank you so very much again, Droo, for sharing these topics. :thumbsup:

17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thank you, once again, @Droopy_TX. A link to your posts describing the USB Output Options Details, USB Compatibility with iPad and on Audio Interfaces has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page near the bottom of the Stage & Studio Links section. These are quite helpful posts that our Stage & Studio owners need to know. So, it's captured here for posterity.

Thank you so very much again, Droo, for sharing these topics. :thumbsup:

iagtrplyr and ricardol like this.
  18. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Fender has released version 3.0.3 of the Fender Tone app for both iOS and Android.
    I can't really tell what has has changed; but, it's new and available.

Maybe better bluetooth connectivity??? Not sure.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  19. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    So, has anyone else upgraded their app? Can you tell what they changed?

I sent an email to Fender support asking for release notes regarding the version changes. They sent me a link to this page on the Fender website (and the corresponding Android version of the web page). The problem is this web page doesn't provide any detail on the "point" releases. I asked whether they could provide further detail and the responded, "That is all we have available." Rather disappointing.

So, can anyone tell what's changed?

chupacerveza and iagtrplyr like this.
  20. ricardol

ricardol

Dec 10, 2016
    My update to v3.0.3 on the Android tablet took place automatically on April 24, 2020. However, I was unable to detect any changes.

chupacerveza, iagtrplyr and G-Dog like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021