Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G-Dog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Diver

Diver

Feb 14, 2020
    That may be a long shot, but being myself somewhat of a sporadic Reaper user, I know I always forget to set these settings right the first time, not specific to the studio:
    1) enable the device in the preferences menu if disabled, it should say Studio or Rumble I believe.
    2) Arm the channel for monitoring (red button) and select the input.

upload_2020-4-5_15-10-40.png
    good luck!

chupacerveza and SoulReflection like this.
  2. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    SR, nice to see ya! Talk yo me like I’m five years old here. You’ve got your phone and headphones running into the Studio, right? You’re running into the combo, obviously. I’m guessing you’re running a USB from the amp into your computer?

If so, can someone tell us if the USB will carry data to his computer? My Zoom pedal’s USB is only for updates; no data transfer.

SR, this is why I went out and spent a Franklin on an interface. It’s the go-between the amp to computer. Even though I haven’t tried it, I’m assuming you run an XLE OUT of the combo to the XLR IN of the interface and then govfrim the interface to the computer. At least that seems to be how my Presonus is showing it.

Can SR score a touchdown with his method? Enlighten us, please.

SoulReflection likes this.
  3. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Well, @Diver, you are a wizard! Thanks for pointing out that "Preferences" is necessary. Normally, this option is under the "File" menu which is logical because it is the first selection from the left. I assumed "Project Settings" was where I had to make changes.

In the Reaper, it is under "Options" which is six over from "File" and the last in the list. Thanks to you, I found it and made the changes you suggested. It is now working.

Many thanks to you and all those who make TB such a great resource :thumbsup::thumbsup: (two thumbs up to all).

chupacerveza and Diver like this.
  4. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Hah...the touchdown was scored by @Diver! Just giving credit where credit is due! I am only using the USB out on the Studio to the USB in on the laptop...no interface. I have not completed a recording yet, so I do not know the quality of this through Reaper. Time will tell.

And Mike, I was hoping to surprise you with a recording of mine...I still might ;).

iagtrplyr and G-Dog like this.
  5. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Go for it, my man! You know where I live. I was half-tempted to get out and record today, but it didn’t happen. I worked on a Black Crowe’s song I really liked last night, so if I can I’ll grt around and try recording it. I just have to figure out how to run music through that records with my playing.

We’re starting up virtual school in another week so things are gonna get crazy until June, I’m figuring.

You’re not gonna like this, but I’m deep-sixing a new bass. Last night I made a determination whether I could physically handle playing with my left hand easier on the Jazz or Rogue basses.

The violin bass easily won because, believe it or not, all four strings on the Rogue fit within three strings on the Jazz, and the P is a little further out than that. I had less thumb pain (but was still there) when I didn’t have to move my plucking hand as much, so I’m holding off for now.

So what does that mean? Either a higher-powered head to go with my Ampeg cabinet, a 15” combo (because I don’t have one), or a 10” combo thst will run into the Ampeg, thus giving me a 310, two piece rig. Right now, Trace Elliot is calling me, but I’m not sure yet.

Other than that, not much going on, how about you? I was so excited to read you were gonna look into doing some recording in an earlier post. Yahoo for Soul Reflection!

SoulReflection likes this.
  6. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Sorry about the new teaching stuff but, on the brighter side, you have a job and, therefore, income to add to your bass/amp collection!

No problem with the no NBD. I would like to get a P with a J neck but am sticking with short scales for the same reason.

With all my new spare time, I have cleaned up the office and finally getting around to re-learning all those great songs from the '60's and using all the hardware/software I have been collecting. In other words, having fun...

chupacerveza and iagtrplyr like this.
  7. ricardol

ricardol

Dec 10, 2016
    I´ve been recording using the USB out directly to an Android tablet using the BandLab App. No need to install any driver.
    I have attached a sample audio file I recorded just to demonstrate. The USB gain was set to 10 dB and I’ve used a jazz bass. Mixing audio tracks is also possible and you can listen to the backup tracks along while recording.

Attached Files:

8. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thanks, @Diver. A link to your post sharing USB Recording Tips with Reaper has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page at the bottom of the Stage & Studio Links section. That's some very helpful information that many of us may need, so I hope this captures them for future use.

Thank you, Divey, for sharing these tips. :thumbsup:

9. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    You’re totally right, SR. Though it’s not what we signed up to originally do this school year, and venturing into unchartered territory is always nerve racking, not spending any money this past month is allowing me a lot of options.

The arthritis in the left hand has, I’m afraid, become a game changer. I’ve had it the last few years, but almost a week since my chiro appointment I still don’t have 100% strength in it. Fortunately, it didn’t hurt any worse after playing for a couple of hours. I just worry about the wider span of strings speeding up the process.

The smaller bass makes so much easier to play compared to the Jazz, with the addition of the LaBella strings sounds less than my ears like right now. There’s thud but less natural tone than I’m used to.

So for right now I’m gonna hold my cards. I’ve got enough to do and enough gear to keep me busy when I do last. You sound like you’re on the upswing so keep it up. A clean office and 60s soul music are a great combination!

Haroldo and SoulReflection like this.
  10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    FWIW, the "official" word from Fender is:

"The USB audio for GT/Rumble is not bi-directional and is only record out. You can’t monitor using the GT/Rumble directly unless external audio is routed back to unit with Aux/BT."​

Hope this helps, Tom.

11. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thank you, @tombowlus. A link to your post confirming that the USB for Recording is NOT Bi-Directional has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page at the bottom of the Stage & Studio Links section. That's a useful bit of information that the recordists among us need to keep in mind. So, it's captured here for posterity.

Thanks very much, tommy, for sharing this. :thumbsup:

iagtrplyr, chupacerveza and tombowlus like this.
  12. SoulReflection

SoulReflection

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    My delving into the "not so grim" Reaper continues. This piece of DAW software appears to have much of the features I and other bass enthusiasts could appreciate. @Diver helped me to use it with the Studio 40. Also would work with the Stage and lt25.

It does take a bit of learning but, what doesn't, these days? The price of admission is low ($60) and you get to try it for free for 60 days. It runs on top end and low end equipment and no, I do not have any affiliation.

I came across this YouTube link today and it may help some of those out there who, like me are trying to use this "software stuff" more efficiently with our "hardware stuff".

This one deals with EQ...something I want to use to remove the bass parts to songs I want to play along with and record. It explains High and Low Pass filters very well...something @Stumbo has been suggesting for quite some time.

Check it out:

iagtrplyr and chupacerveza like this.
  13. iagtrplyr

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Found a moment to listen to your recording. Very clear sounding, plus some truly tasty licks too, ricardol! Add some accompaniment with that and I’d say you’re good to go. Thanks for sharing!

chupacerveza and ricardol like this.
  14. ricardol

ricardol

Dec 10, 2016
    Thank you iagtrplyr!
    I use these licks as warming-up exercises. They were transcribed from videos on youtube (SBL and J-RETRO):

Having an amplifier that you can easily record with a great tone is a privilege nowadays. It is possible to continue to contact other musicians, to record and share recordings and to create videos on social networks…

chupacerveza and SoulReflection like this.
  15. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Fender released version 3.0.2 of iOS Fender Tone app today (April 13, 2020).

The icons are fixed for the Orange, Bri-Watts, etc.!!!

Haven't checked whether the Android app has been updated.

Rumble on, folks!

iagtrplyr, G-Dog, ricardol and 2 others like this.
  16. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Okay, sorry for the delay. I had to do that sleeping thing.

The Android version of Fender Tone app was also updated to 3.0.2, and the Super Bassman OD icons were fixed, too.

I haven't noticed any other significant changes, but at least all the OCD issues seem to be resolved.

iagtrplyr, Diver and ricardol like this.
  17. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    Just put new strings on my Stingray, time to tone chase :cool::bassist::hyper:

iagtrplyr, Cardsfan_69 and Droopy_TX like this.
  18. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I just did this with my Sterling HS this weekend. I feel like I got about 85-90% there.
    Signal chain was Bass OD (with barely any break-up), compressor, Rumble V3 (no voicing buttons in), 2x15 Pro cabinet. Also sounds killer with my Fender Power Jazz Special even with the bridge pickup solo'd.

iagtrplyr and lizardking837 like this.
  19. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thanks, @Droopy_TX. A link to your posts stating that the New Fender TONE 3.0.2 App Update Fixes the few erroneous Amp Icons has been added to the Rumble Club Wiki page at the bottom of the TONE APP SUPPORT section. That's been an annoying little OCD item for we TONE App users and I'm sure we all appreciate your spotting and reporting this.

Thank you again, DROOP, for for this Bug Fix update. :thumbsup:

chupacerveza, iagtrplyr and Droopy_TX like this.
  20. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thanks, Droo! My Android phone updated itself, but my Android tablet had to be manually updated. Probably due to my settings somewhere. :confused:

Yeah, Fender listens!

Droopy_TX and iagtrplyr like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021