Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TheJimster, Feb 21, 2006.

1. TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    From certain scources (my instructor) on this site nobody has anything good to say about Fieldy from KoRn. I wanna know why you dont like him and if you do like him tell me why. Filedy is on e of my favorite bass players next to Shavo Odadjian from System Of A Down and Paul Grey of Slipknot. So stay hard and keep ROCKIN'!!:bassist:
  2. Fieldy called:

He said he doesn't care about people making fun of his tick-tack bass tone....or his "princess" hat
  3. kenlacam

Nov 8, 2005
    akron, ohio
  4. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    This has all beem done before. Do a search and you'll find out why. Personally I've only ever listend to about two korn songs neither of which I paid much attention to the bass.
  5. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Fieldy once said that the notes don't matter as long as it grooves. This was in a Bass Player Mag interview. After that comment and hearing the bass or trying to hear the bass in Korns music, He got a bad rap. Jason Newsted went through the same thing but believe it or not Jason is capable of playing jazz. I don't know about Fieldy he may be a better player than what we see, but his current style doesn't call for anything else.
  6. he fits the music, therefore he passes in my books

7. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Please, he's terrible. If you want to learn how to tune your bass so that the strings have no tension at all..and how to dance around like a moron while randomly throwing your thumb around in hopes that it hits a string positioned somewhere in between your shins.
  8. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Well we had our once a month Jaco thread yesterday, now I guess it's time for the once a month Fieldy bash.
    If you do a search, you'll find extensive opinions.
    If you like him, why do you care what we think? I doubt your going to sell anyone on him around here.
  9. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    I thought the same thing...but no, let them go. I find this incredibly entertaining.
  10. note: all 3 of the bassists you talked about, suck

slipknot, theyre all basically talentless, considering 3 of em just headbang on stage, i cant even hear bass in them. obviously paul is doing something wrong with that warwick and making a disgrace to its name by playing that crap drowned out by guitars

fieldy? i've tried, but i CANT hear any bass in their music and his technique sucks

shavo ododjin, i cant say hes a bad bass player, just average. not great, and i cant hear him most of the time anyway, he dosnt cut in the mix at all.
  11. As much as I hate to agree with an incendiary post like the one above, +1...IMHO of course. :bag:

That was the exact thought running through my head but I would not have actually said it (but now I am anyway)...:D
    cv115505 likes this.
  12. Fieldy called again: (twice in the same day!!)

He said he's trying to learn fingerstyle to make everyone happy
    Brother Goose likes this.
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hey, just so you know... I think your username has a typo, I think you meant to type an "s" instead of a "z."
  14. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Holy .... so owned.
  15. I wouldn't say those three bass players are terrible...they obviously have some talent, granted they aren't jaco, but they have to be doing something right, as i do believe they all are millionaires while we bash them on an internet forum...
    Somnambulance and spanndrew like this.
  16. corrosiontrav

Sep 9, 2005
    There are alot of bass players I dont think are talented bass players. Lots.

But, you can't name one band that has a good sound and people dig that has REALLY talentless bassist, or for that matter one song that has been in the top 100 in the past 30 years that had an absolutley horrible bassline.

There might be ones that aren't particularly complicated, but not one is horribly off time and/or out of key.

I think jeoulsy kind of figures in alittle bit when we bash on these 'inferior' players.
  17. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    ahh... not another fIELdY tHread!
  18. It's funny, I like all three of those bands but none of em for their bass. But I'm not going to sit here and bash those guys (even if I want to). :p

Feildy is probably the most stand out of the guys you listed. I think the reason people don't like him on bass is odbvious, he doesn't really play much bass. I read an article once where he states: "I'm just a drummer on bass". And that's the best desciption of what he does, he plays the bass like a percussion instrument.

And that's why he doesn't get much respect.

Oh! and he wears a princess hat......
  19. matt hunt

matt hunt

Dec 16, 2005
    I read an interview with the G####r player from SOAD and he said he played most of the bass tracks on the Mesmorize and Hypnotise tracks, not the actual bass player... :eyebrow: