1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L LB-100 Tributes?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by filler83, May 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. filler83

filler83

Jan 5, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Was wondering if they were ever going to make these. Saw a few pop up on eBay and reverb today. Anyone know any more about these? Do they have saw electronics as the American versions? Thanks

2. I would say no. The knobs look like the dome top ones that push onto the smaller overseas split shaft pots. The pickup is probably made overseas to the same specs as the US version. I have a Tribute JB-2 and that is how it is (different pots and different pups than the US). That being said I still couldn't resist and bought one of the sunburst ones. Looking forward to its arrival next week. My stock JB-2 pups sound great so I expect I will have no problem with the stock LB-100 pup. Even if I don't like it for some reason, it will be super easy to swap.
    aaphiowhhh0omz7vdpfy.jpg

armybass, SJan3, pudge and 5 others like this.
  3. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    huh, intriguing, and tempting. The Tributes usually use US pickups, but the pots and such are 2nd party, not OEM.

armybass and SJan3 like this.
  4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Where have you seen this?
    I went to G&L website and they don't have any mention to a G&L LB-100 Tribute.
    I googled it and also got nothing besides a thread here on TB and a lot of results to other tribute series models, but no LB-100.

5. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    PBasses are the hot thing right now. If the made a tribute version, they’d sell a ton.

6. According to G&L's comments on one of their instagram posts, they just haven't had it added to the website yet. They are currently shipping to dealers. 2 of the dealers have already received them and have them listed on ebay and Reverb. They have also released a Tribute JB that was really hard for me to pass up. Would love to sell my JB2 and replace with the JB.... I just like the Fender Jazz shape body more.

jd56hawk likes this.
  7. Clash Strummer

Clash Strummer

May 27, 2018
    Pbasses have been the hot thing since the 50's....

Iza Pziza, Mili, pudge and 5 others like this.
  8. dralionux

dralionux

Feb 3, 2009
    Savannah, GA

bassbenj and ItsmeSantiago like this.
  9. ItsmeSantiago

ItsmeSantiago

Nov 23, 2015
    Looks like this is going to compete with the MIM Fender. The demo video sounds pretty good. I'm not a P bass fan, but I may get one at this price if these are as good as the Tribute guitars I've played.

Runnerman and dralionux like this.
  10. The natural one is on my radar. Got that 70s vibe to it.

murphy likes this.
  11. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Overall, how do the tributes compare with the US models?

murphy likes this.
  12. I haven't been able to find any dealers that have a JB tribute in stock (aside from the blue one)...looking for this one:

TRIB-JB-3TSB-1200-nobkgrnd-215x720.png

though I would prefer it had this neck:

TRIB-JB-LPB-1200-nobkgrnd-213x720.png

I have an American Made JB with a plain rosewood neck with dots...I have tried to contact G&L Many times by phone and e-mail only to be ignored when asking if a replacement neck can be ordered.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  13. about the same as Skylines vs. a U.S. Lakland (My experience anyway)

I have both a tribute and a U.S. Made G&L

I have both a Skyline and a U.S. Lakland

tindrum and DeliriumTremens like this.
  14. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    G&L LB-100 Tribute.JPG
    All Tribute basses have US pickups, though it's not cristal clear for this one (and the new JB) in the wording on the G&L page : LB-100

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  15. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I would say all Tributes with MFD pickups have US pickups - the Trib JB-2 does not, and until now was the only non-MFD Tribute. As you said it's not clear for the new JB and LB100.

I'm curious if they used the same pair of short single coils in the JB they use in the JB2

16. They just copy/pasted the US LB100 description... Says they're made in Fullerton. They need to fix that.

Glazenn likes this.
  17. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    In addition, contrary to other Tribute basses, there is no 'Specifications' tab for the LB-100...
    For the Kiloton and the SB-2 (MFD), it says: PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ Magnetic Field Design humbucker made in Fullerton, California
    For the JB and the JB-2: PICKUPS: 2x G&L Alnico single coil pickups

18. My new Tribute LB-100 arrived today and I am definitely happy with it. Fantastic bass. Looks great, plays great, and sounds great. I am used to my JB-2 and SB-2 so this neck is super chunky p-bass compared to those but I like it. Guess I got lucky as there is some nice flame to the neck that I really wasn't expecting. I've got just some tiny tweaking to do like intonation and add a tiny bit of relief to the neck but it was super playable right out of the box. Awesome addition to the Tribute line. Glad they used the 6 bolt neck attachment. Not sure why they went with 4 bolt w/plate on SB-2s. Also nice that they did the burst on the back in stead of all black like my JB-2 and early burst SB-2.
    lb100full.jpg lb100body.jpg lb100headstock.jpg lb100neck.jpg lb100flame.jpg

armybass, Maynard46, murphy and 20 others like this.
  19. That looks excellent. Seriously considering the natural.

Nunovsky likes this.
  20. outoftune

outoftune Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Truth

pudge likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021