1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Featured GHS Announces New Balanced Nickel Bass Strings

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Oct 11, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI, 10th October 2017 – GHS is delighted to launch their new Balanced Nickels strings for bass guitars, a combination of traditional string materials and modern string design.

Traditionally, bass strings are made by wrapping one cover wire around the core to create the G, two covers for the D and A, and three covers for the E string. GHS’ Balanced Nickels bass strings change all this: in these new sets, they manufacture the G and the E strings by wrapping two covers around the core, bringing a fresh symmetry to the sets. The result is an equilibrium between tonality, tension, flexibility and playability.

Balanced Nickels are available in light and medium gauges for 4 and 5 string basses. Short Scale Balanced Nickels are also available.

GHS’ Balanced Nickel bass strings offer balanced construction, tonality, tension, flexibility and playability – that’s what they mean when they say, ‘play with the best, play GHS!’

To find more about GHS, the new Balanced Nickel bass string sets and all other products please visit GHS

GHS_Balanced_Nickel_4700.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I love GHS strings I will definitely be giving these a shot.

comatosedragon likes this.
  3. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    This just makes sense. I'll definitely try a set or two.

4. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Has anyone reviewed these yet?