1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good inexpensive Bass Chorus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 5teven5trummer, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Hi folks. As the title says, looking for a decent chorus pedal round about the £100 /1000-nok range. I aquired a Behringer chorus a few months back and i am not impressed with it. Any one tried the Bass Clone? That appears to be best value for money at the moment. So i thought i'd ask around for any upbeat comments regarding this. I love to get all melodic and dreamy in my home jams . Appriciated muchly.

2. Boss CE-5 is a fab little chorus pedal, I love mine!

3. J.D. Detroit

J.D. Detroit

Nov 12, 2015
    Detroit
    The Bass Clone Would be a solid choice for the $$. I really like it and I'm not real big on chorus.
    Otherwise I've use a Boss CE-5 since the mid 90s due to the HP/LP filters, and haven't found another chorus that was usable for me until the bass clone came along.

4. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Just got a bass clone myself, first bass-specific chorus I think I've ever had. It's nice - has a really wide range of detune depth and the crossover is helpful to eliminate low-end throb.

Driven Crane, Bassist30 and jcerio like this.
  5. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Bass Clone would be my first choice for inexpensive, but if you can pony up just a little more the Idiotbox Dark Waves is the most mojo filled chorus (with very useful feature set and knobs) I've ever played. Instant Cure/New Order/Joy Division.

Shadowkast likes this.
  6. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    Digitech multi bass chorus is good value for the money.

7. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    EHX Bass Clone, MXR Analog Chorus, Boss CE-5. I have liked all of those with bass.

Bassist30 likes this.
  8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    EHX small clone or the newer bass small clone. Hard to beat those for good and inexpensive.

Bassist30 likes this.
  9. jcerio

jcerio Gold Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    +1 on the Bass Clone. +1 on the Digitech Bass Multi Chorus. The Bass Clone sounds better to me, but the Digitech really shines in a live setting. All those extra "voices" or whatever. But if you can find one, a Boss CEB-2 is my favorite. I need to repair mine. I miss it.

zapped777, Bassist30 and Moody Tuner like this.
  10. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    TC Electronic Corona. Very versatile, as its programmable and can sound like many others due to the Tone Print option.
    There is a second-hand one going for £50 over on Basschat in the UK at the moment. They also do a mini version which goes for under £100 new.

tfer likes this.
  11. OP,
    If you didn't like the Behringer, stay away from the Boss CE-5 as the Behringer is supposed to be a (much cheaper) copy so you will likely be disappointed.

12. TC Electronic Corona Chorus

13. jw23mind

jw23mind

Jan 16, 2017
    Reading MA
    Bass Clone!

Bassist30 likes this.
  14. Jo Bass

Jo Bass

Feb 25, 2017
    +1

Bassist30 likes this.
  15. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    I like the Hartke Chorus. Really easy to dial in a nice sound. Has a Blend knob.

16. Shadowkast

Shadowkast

Aug 20, 2016
    The Dreadfort
    For the budget you stated, I concur that a bass clone is best. For a cheaper option, I would also consider the Nux Chorus Core. Stereo is a good thing on chorus, in my opinion. Totally useable sounds with decent options to tweak. $40.00 USD , new.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  17. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    For budget i'd recommend the Danelecto Cool Cat chorus (either version...i have V2 and its pretty versatile). The Joyo analogue chorus also looks interesting but i've never tried it (its supposed to be a Copy of the old Boss CE-2)

Qlanq and Basshappi like this.
  18. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    There are many inexpensive chorus pedals to choose from. here's a list of some good affordable chorus pedals.

Danelectro fab chorus
    Joyo analog chorus
    Joyo future chorus
    ehx bass chorus
    boss super chorus
    t.c electronic after flow
    t.c electronic 3rd dimention
    moen analog chorus

zontar likes this.
  19. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    They are--but do you know what is really a FAB chorus?

A Danelectro Fab Chorus pedal.

I picked up one used for $10--and it does a great job...

Hard to beat that for inexpensive.

Driven Crane likes this.
  20. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I don't have one but the reviews online are excellent EHX BASS CLONE. One review stated when you go into a music store thinking of the more expensive chorus, when you try the clone you may walk out with the clone and extra money in your pocket. For the price its a no brainer. Most places under 70 dollars new.

Inconnu likes this.