1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gorgomyte

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Metaldood19, Dec 27, 2011.

1. How is it? I'm contemplating buying a cloth. From what I hear it's not bad.

2. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    I just posted about this on a thread about maple fretboards. I got some of this stuff and was floored. It's amazing how much crud came off the fretboard and how well it cleaned the frets. Try it. Youll like it. I was skeptical about it too. Plus, it smells good too!

3. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I've been using Gorgomyte for awhile now and while not cheap, it is the fastest way to clean a fingerboard and polish frets and the results rival any of the "traditional" methods in 1/4 of the time.

4. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    It's excellent stuff to have around, and I'd swear my neck plays faster after a good cleaning with it.

Best price I've found is here.

5. 12.50 USD here with shipping. Same rates internationally (2.50 USD)

http://www.gorgomyte.com/Puchase4.html

6. testing1two

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    FYI - The new $9.95 version is half the size of the original.

7. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    Sweet. ( and, noted for next time )

8. I'm definitely going to buy one. I currently use the Dunlop 2 step formulas and fret cloth. This seems a lot better

9. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I have used Gorgomyte on my basses (rosewood boards) and many of my friends' guitars as well. We all agree it seems to keep the wood healthy (and in case of rosewood, dark and chocolatey), and the frets shiny and easy-to-bend. Love it! :D

EDIT: the strings are easy to bend. The frets remain as they are. But shiny!

10. I just bought some for my fret level and crown jobs. Haven't used it yet but am looking forward to using it.

11. Subbed - interested!

12. I just used Gorgomyte on two of my basses, which are 14 and 13 years old, respectively. Amazing! The frets shine like they're brand new. I used an old white t-shirt to buff the fretboards and frets, and a lot of dirt and grime came off. And, it might just be marketing seeping into my subconscious, but both basses do seem to play better now. What a cool product.

13. testing1two

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
  14. +1 I love the stuff it is amazing.

Only issue I ever had was on a maple board that wasn't finished and it got some of the black funk that comes off the frets in the wood grain just a little but I couldn't get it back out. I even tried denatured alcohol. Just a word to the wise.

15. iJazz

iJazz

Jan 9, 2012
    Sussex, WI
    I received my Miracle Cloth order yesterday and am totally pleased with the results on my rosewood board and frets. Quick, easy, and very effective. Couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks for the pointer to the mpcloth site.

iJazz - Try it. You'll be very happy you did. I am!

16. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Any local stores carry this or is it mail order only?

17. testing1two

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I believe Gorgomyte is distributed by Dunlop but I have never seen it in stores. I haven't looked into the other brand but google would tell you pretty quickly.