1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greetings from Woodstock...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by DarylW, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ...Georgia, that is!

Just a quick obligatory intro for myself... 2yr+ lurker, recent supporting member.

Got a hankerin' to play a bass at age 49! Got my first bass (G&L L-2000 Tribute, now traded) for my 50th birthday! Got a used Crate BT50 amp (now sold) for practice. Started out of the gate with lessons from a Great Instructor (Thanks, Eddy C.!) in the nearby Marietta area. Within a month or two, was asked to fill in at Church - still there. Have also played some outdoor gigs. Took lessons for almost a year - had to drop due to business travel :( - but I feel I got a great start!

Now, almost 20 months after I started, I am blessed to be on my way towards my dream rig (1 piece at a time) - in large part selected due to the excellent reviews here on TB and out on YouTube (by Ed F. and others who frequent here).

My wife is happy because she knows this hobby is cheaper (for now) than Porsches or SCCA Racing, not that I could afford either. :)

I hope to be able to continue learning and playing for the next 20 years or so... I only wish I had started when I was younger... and that my hands/fingers were bigger/longer... and that I could slap & pop & ... ;)

Livin' Large,
    Daryl :bassist: