Having BassCliff Gig Report Withdrawals

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassWR, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Exactly!

McG and BassCliff like this.
  2. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Can't wait until we can have another bassmigos meetup, I'm talking live and in person, no masks, no BS. I'd rather say it to your face than a webcam. :D

Y'all stay safe...

Cheers

3. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi guys!

We had a pleasant GTG last night with the topic being "gigmobiles". There were some interesting and cool vehicles used to haul gear. It was fun.

Zoom-GTG-031821.jpg

@Kitsapbass, the old goofy country bass player, @BassDad1964, @s0c9
    @ak56, @Thumpinshelton, @Tony In Philly

@s0c9 had to leave early, without telling us about his gigmobiles I might add. You owe us Steve! ;)

Then @nixdad joined us to finish the night.

Zoom-GTG-031821a.jpg
    Seems we all had a vehicle, especially in the early days, that we used and abused until it either quit running or caught on fire. You know the typical young, broke musician stories. Good times. :)

I appreciate all you good folks joining in the fellowship. Like @1bassplayinfool, I'm looking forward to the next live Bassmigos get together. I don't think we have to wait too much longer with everything opening up around here. Until then, may your gigs be plentiful and the beer be cold (and free). :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    totally space it , duh

5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Scott,

You ghosted us! :p

BassCliff

nixdad, s0c9, McG and 1 other person like this.
  6. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    I was bummed I couldn't make it. I had a great gigmobile story too. Maybe I'll share it next time. I understand I'll lose points for turning my homework in late. :laugh:

7. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    spaceghost_0.jpg

McG, Thumpinshelton, nixdad and 2 others like this.
  8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I see what you did there. :roflmao: :thumbsup:

BassCliff

McG and Thumpinshelton like this.
  9. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hello my friends,

Lately we've had to skip a week or two but we are still meeting as often as possible through the magic of the interwebs. I always try to snap a screen shot sometime during the meeting. Sometimes I let the group know. ;)

This was the GTG from 4/15/21. I don't think we had a discussion topic that week. We were all talking about our gigs! Yay! It was good to hang out while TB recovered from the fire.

Zoom-GTG-041521.jpg

Oh, that's right. @Thumpinshelton did not turn on his camera, poor guy. He was involved in a little accident that banged up his face and broke a tooth or two. Don't worry, he is healing up nicely. In the Obiwan robe is @dbase next to a coy old country bass player. @s0c9 is doing his Ringo impersonation and @1bassplayinfool is grinning because he's been playing lots of gigs lately. @Holdsg is happy because he got a new bass and @ak56 is just a happy guy. @Tony In Philly is glad to be back home, next to all of his bass children, from all his recent traveling.

For the 4/22/21 GTG we were supposed to talk about "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" but we were having so much fun just complaining about drummers and guitar players we let the time get away from us. Maybe next week.

Zoom-GTG-042221.jpg

@Kitsapbass started this meeting with us but had to leave to join his yotrok band's Zoom meeting. I put in a request for Seals and Kroft. @dbase was feeling a little under the weather and couldn't make this week. I hope you're feeling much better now Bill. @WI Short Scaler was at this meeting telling us he forgot to change his Zoom name and left his TB handle displayed for his corporate meeting. I think his boss asked him, "Hey, what does 'Wisconsin Short Scaler' mean?" Oops. :D We were all glad @Thumpinshelton was looking and feeling better after his accident. @ak56 was enjoying a Lagunitas during this meeting (Good stuff! One of my favs!). It made me want to run out and pick up a sixxer. I'm sorry @1bassplayinfool missed this meeting. He lost the link and I didn't see his email in time. Then @s0c9 had to leave a little early because he has a new Mesa amp he wanted to try out. It sure is shiny. Steve, we're all looking forward to your first gig report with it.

Thanks for joining in a sharing the fun! We will continue until we are all too busy to meet every week, which I (bittersweetly) hope is soon. Then we may have to change the schedule to once a month or so. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. You guys are great. I mean it.

If anyone else would like to join us for our Zoom GTGs, feel free to drop your email address in a private message and I'll send you an invitation. It's more fun than a clown on fire. :roflmao:

BassCliff

Thumpinshelton, McG, nixdad and 5 others like this.
  10. 4/22 was a fun discussion for sure. Cliff was the only one prepared with summer vacation pics but we managed to fill the time and stay entertained.

Thanks again for setting these up Cliff, it's a fun way to stay connected to other low enders.

Thumpinshelton, McG, nixdad and 2 others like this.
  11. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Per your request BassCliff...Closer to Me, Closer to You added to the list.

You’re welcome

Attached Files:

Thumpinshelton, nixdad and BassCliff like this.
  12. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    I was way late to the party this week but still had almost an hour of fun. I actually had a summer vacation story ready complete with visual aids. I'll hold it in reserve if the subject is revisited.

These GTGs are so much fun. I always look forward to them!

13. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Grant,

It was good to see you and the rest of the mooks last night. Your Hawaii trip was great. I bored everyone to death with pictures of my youngest granddaughters. :D

upload_2021-4-30_16-38-36.jpeg

Sharing their "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" stories were @ak56, the old country bass player, @dbase, @Thumpinshelton, @Kitsapbass, @Tony In Philly, @nixdad, @McG, @1bassplayinfool.

Arnie had video of a pretty scary mountain road in Utah. Keith also had beautiful scenery on his trip. Tony showed us a big rock. Everyone else visits such fabulous places. I get to see the grandkids in Wisconsin. (Not that there's anything wrong with that @WI Short Scaler.) :roflmao: We missed you. We also missed @s0c9, who had a sound gig, and @BassDad1964 (What was your excuse?). Maybe next week. Thanks to everyone who shared their fun. You guys are great. Thanks for the hang. God bless you all.

BassCliff

Thumpinshelton, s0c9, McG and 3 others like this.
  14. 1bassplayinfool

Always a good hang... need more mooks to join the festivities. :)

15. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    True dat on both counts. It was another fun evening. Bass players are the coolest to hang with. :cool:

16. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    My sound gig started at 6:30pm.. over at 8:00. I was home for my kids birthday by 9:30pm!
    It rained on the way there, during load-in and sound check. We had covers for the speakers and console, and band was under a bandstand.
    Was mixing from my iPad out front, standing under a tree and wiping the rain off it periodically. The rain pretty much quit before the start and we had a small crowd (30+) stay for the entire gig - having ocme out with their lawn chairs and umbrellas while still raining!
    No pics.. sorry.

Got another sound gig with same band tomorrow.. and looks like my next bass gig is June 12th - at the old Ranch House!
    Hope to see ya'll next Thurs!!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    nixdad, McG, Thumpinshelton and 4 others like this.
  17. 1bassplayinfool

I need serious help...

upload_2021-4-30_19-56-40.png

ak56, Tony In Philly, nixdad and 6 others like this.
  18. Sorry to have missed the hang last night, just got busy with life things.

My vacation memories are probably not too exciting. Aside from our one "big" trip to Disney our vacations are always to the same place, the family cottage on Lake Superior.

Hope to catch up soon.

19. I KNOW!!! I missed 2 weeks in a row!! I had a worship team practice that I was sitting in on and I was back in time to get on the GTG but I was talking with Mrs. Bassdad about all that transpired and when I looked up it was 10:30! I posted a thread in here about my audition experience and I had asked afterwards if I could come and watch a practice or two before I started in June. It was a train wreck.
    Anyways, I hope to be on the next one!! I'm sure it was a great hang as always.

nixdad, BassCliff, McG and 2 others like this.
  20. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hello my friends,

We haven't been able to meet for three weeks but tonight we had a good time chewing the fat. It's too bad @BassDad1964, @WI Short Scaler, @1bassplayinfool, @nixdad, etc, couldn't make it tonight.

Zoom-GTG-052721.jpg
    @ak56, the old country bass player, @Tony In Philly. @dbase, @s0c9, and @Holdsg sat around talking about gigs, practice, more gigs, and running sound. Steve seems to have more sound gigs than bass gigs in the near future. Gary will be rocking with his Who and Queen tribute bands. Bill's band is now one of the most sought after classic rock bands in South Jersey. Tony's band got the cops called on them during a practice on the front porch. What a bunch of troublemakers! Then later @McG showed up, fashionably late as usual. I introduced our new female singer in my band, Dani Chere.

upload_2021-5-27_22-42-29.png

upload_2021-5-27_22-42-57.png

upload_2021-5-27_22-43-22.png

It seems she was on the Fox network show "The X Factor" with her girl band. Arnie must've found her through her agent.

upload_2021-5-27_22-45-4.png

Everyone kept asking, "Can she sing?" Well, I don't know. All I've heard are a few short Facebook clips from a local honky tonk. We'll rehearse with her before we get back into The Ranch.

I know we had talked about getting together next Thursday for another Zoom GTG but I just remembered I'll be in Las Vegas. We still might be able to. I'll bring my laptop and hope the wifi in the hotel is up to speed. I'll confirm as soon as I can, OK guys? If anyone else wants to join in just drop your email address in a PM to me here in the forum. I promise I won't spam you. Unless you're into that sort of thing. ;)

BassCliff

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021