Having BassCliff Gig Report Withdrawals

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassWR, Apr 1, 2020.

1. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

2. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

My legs glow in the dark...

3. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    I'm really sorry I missed last night. I planned on at least popping in late but time faded away. :(

I coulda competed with Cliff and Keith... glow in the dark legs here too... :laugh:

4. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dang, sorry I missed it, Cliff.
    Thursdays are one of the days of the week that Birdie takes care of her elderly mother all day in Riverside, so I try to have dinner ready by the time she gets home (typically not long after the 6 pm call time.) That, coupled with me working late doesn't make for a good combination. Hopefully, things will ease up a bit and I'll be able to make a call soon. I miss the camaraderie!

Hey Tony!
    What a cool place, and thanks for sharing. Where are these guys located in PA?

Nice add, Keith!

WI Short Scaler, McG, s0c9 and 2 others like this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Chris,

Well, believe it or not, I was not able to make this week's meeting either. I do have a screenshot from last week's meeting.

Zoom-GTG-061021.jpg

You see @ak56, the old country bass player, @1bassplayinfool on the top row with @Tony In Philly, @s0c9, and @dbase on the bottom row. @Thumpinshelton dropped in for about 40 seconds from his car, driving back from a rehearsal.

This week I started the meeting but then had to bail to go to my rehearsal tonight. Bill and Tony were there before I left so I got to say "Hi" to those guys. I hope they had a good time. I tried to join with my phone from my rehearsal but I was way too late, everyone was already gone. Maybe next week we can get together again. You guys are the best.

Did anyone take a screenshot from this week's Zoom GTG?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

McG, s0c9 and nixdad like this.
  6. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    I see Arnie's calendar on his band website is back to being very populated. Good times are returning.

Cannot load truewillie.com for some reason, though.

McG likes this.
  7. Sorry I missed last night, didn't finish the project at my son's house til late and had to eat something, by that time just hit the couch and took a nap before going to bed.

And speaking of projects, I'm assembling parts and pieces to make another bass for my daughters to "art-up" for me. Seems they were a little peeved that my son painted the two I have now and they wanted in on the action. So being the high quality dad I am I'll be assembling another one for them to work on, have all the pieces either at my house or on the way. It will be something to talk about going forward.

McG and BassCliff like this.
  8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

Yay band! Arnie is booking into 2022 already. He knows how to hustle up gigs.

Try www.truewillueband.com but Roger won't be doing any dates this year. That's a shame.

Chris, that sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to seeing how your girls fix up Dad's new bass. Yay Dad!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

McG and WI Short Scaler like this.
  9. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Once again I had every intention of making last night's meeting but life got in the way.

Glad that the ANCC band is back to normal action. I have my first gig in 15 months tomorrow. A concert in the park. So looking forward to it!

Hope tom catch up with all of you soon.

BassCliff and WI Short Scaler like this.
  10. Knock it out of the park Grant!

BassCliff and McG like this.
  11. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Thanks Chris! We have a 90 minute set. We haven't played a set longer that 45 minutes in years, even in rehearsal. I'm gonna have to pace myself. :p

The forecast is 80 degrees for the 6:00 downbeat. Nice! :)

BassCliff and WI Short Scaler like this.
  12. Sounds great, don't forget the food shots! :laugh:

We've had 5 gigs over the last month, 4 at 4hrs and one 2 1/2 hr one.

Not all were worth a gig report or I didn't have any photos. But heading up north for what will now be our 5th annual gig in Bayfield on Lake Superior. Hope for some sun but I'm afraid to look yet. :thumbsup:

BassCliff and McG like this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021