1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headless Club???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Headless Llama, Sep 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sonojono

sonojono Supporting Member

They have grounding issues that creates a bad hum and it is mentioned in Strandberg threads. It’s a very common issue that even the Strandberg techs are aware of. They say it’s a simple fix.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. lucas303

lucas303 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    You still haven't told us what the issue is.

3. sonojono

sonojono Supporting Member

Read my edit on the last post. I was still typing via mobile but you can check out the Strandberg threads on talkbass with a simple search. “Strandberg NBD”

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  4. Lunatique

Lunatique

Nov 23, 2007
    Lincoln, CA
    Orderd a NS Design Radius WAV4 (metallic crimson), and should be here in a few days. I got it mainly for the unique fretted piezo acoustic-like sound.

The Strandberg Boden and Kiesel Vader are also on my G.A.S list. Maybe someday.

5. Scott McArron

Scott McArron Supporting Member

No grounding flaw on mine yet, but I'm keeping my ear out.

MovinTarget likes this.
  6. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Strandberg Boden and others (kiesel for example but also others) are not cheap. Yamaha has made a headless but only in his custom shop, unaffordable and six string for NE.
    I hope some directors in Gibson riesume the well made and not expensive but not cheap Spirit body for example for 500$ i will sell my original spirit for one of these.

7. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    Yamaha had a headless in the 80s BX-1/BX-5

Temcat and sonojono like this.
  8. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    I referee to the new Nathan East that is a custom shop not common and probably very expensive. The BX was a fashion bass of a brand who wanted to compete with Status, Steinberger.....

9. Wanker_Joe

Wanker_Joe

Sep 26, 2017
    I *LOVE* my WAV4. It's astoundingly playable and comfortable. I'm also loving how aggressive sounding it is when I play it. Best bass purchase I've made in a very long time.

sonojono and MovinTarget like this.
  10. Here are some pictures that were shared in a FB group purportedly showing a new Ibanez multiscale headless (prototype). I have no idea whether this is actually the real deal, I don't even know the source of the images.

ihl2.jpg ihl1.jpg

BassmanM, TolerancEJ, Aidil and 2 others like this.
  11. lucas303

lucas303 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Colorado
    I really hope that if this is real they do something more elegant for the tuner knobs than that cutout in the body (reminiscent of the Brice headless designs).

Zooberwerx and sonojono like this.
  12. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I think it can be better camouflaged like the Kiesel Osiris (below). Either way, it wouldn't be a deal-killer for me.

OsirisCutOut.jpg

gigetto, DrDAV14, BassmanM and 2 others like this.