1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP With Grazing Strings! Plucking Technique

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by pappas, Aug 12, 2012.

1. pappas

pappas

Aug 12, 2012
    Does anyone have any exercises for plucking hand accuracy? I've been playing for 3 years, love it, and actually started taking lessons a few months ago on technique, reading and theory. When I started, I never imagined the plucking hand would give me the most aggravation but it does. The pros make it look soooo easy, hahaha. GRAZING STRINGS really pisses me off. I can learn a tune and get the fretting hand down pretty good but the string grazing seems not as easy to tame. I've made some real progress since I started and, I know maybe in time this problem will become less and less but it pisses me off. Maybe it's my strap height, maybe I need to do some exercises, maybe I'm just impatient, I dunno. Once in a while I'll even miss a string, like in a 12 bar blues when I go back up to the E string, STRIKE ONE!

2. FrednBass

FrednBass

Feb 24, 2012
    Practice. Just practice. You know, play stuff around, songs you like, whatever; untill you get tired (but not with pains)
    There's really nothing else to do.

3. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    +1

Same with slap and pop. What I do is play mindlessly while watching tv when it comes to picking technique. It works for me