Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey, jerk from ebay...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Gord_oh, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    ...i hope you are reading this.

looking at bass parts on ebay and i stumble across this body. it is advertised as a fender, but it obviously is a squier vm jazz body. i messaged the seller to let them know in case they didnt and this is what happened.

and finally, the item in question.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Attached Files:

2. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    you could always just not buy it and everything will be ok

3. Register_To_Disable

4. :rollno:sigh: a d-bag Jersey resident

5. Captain obvious strikes.

Doesn't change the fact that the seller sent one douchetastic response.

6. She sounds lovely doesn't she? The item description is a bit misleading. Low feedback count and she recently got an interesting neg feedback over doing something kinda shady. Ignore it...she will reap what she sows.

7. Braddock

Braddock Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2010
    East Kentucky
    Geeze that's pretty pathetic, usually an outburst of sorts would mean possible insecurity, guess they don't want their scam to be caught, I dunno, lol.

8. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Can sometimes be an obnoxious jerkweasel.
    That's why I never try to help these doosh bags. You get the last laugh because she sounds like a bitter, hate-filled, miserable excuse for a human being and having to be HER is much worse revenge than anything you could say or do.

9. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    So, did you buy it? :rolleyes:

10. A fool and his money are soon parted, and only a fool would pay the asking price for what's offered. $180 might be a more reasonable asking price, and at $160, it's actually a fair price, for what is pictured.

11. M.Mannix3

M.Mannix3

Jun 12, 2010
    Wow. The Squier VM is good and the neck isn't complete **** as she said but what a bitch.

12. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I sent her a message as well telling her pretty much the same thing you did Gord Oh..... let's see if she replies to me.....

13. Braddock

Braddock Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2010
    East Kentucky
    We wanna hear too! Lol, these are the days of our lives, lol.

14. winndaddy

winndaddy

Feb 9, 2011
    Not that it matters, but isn't the body maple, not ash? That bass goes for cheap these days. Shes full of s***t.

15. I wonder what line of work her 40 years of "biss" experience is in? Hope it's not anger management counseling!

16. According to Fender's site, yes it is maple.

17. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies!

Jan 25, 2010
    PHL/NYC
    Cripes! who has time for nonsense like this!?
    You could always forward her response to eBay.

18. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    I was just looking on Ebay and a came across a Strat. The title is "Fender Stratocaster", but when you click on the description the guy states clearly that he believes it's a Squier/MIJ copy combo. I thought of emailing, asking, "if you know it's not a Fender, why funnel buyers with a keyword that pretends it is?"

19. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Yeah...too bad fees are paid go right into their pocket, not upgrading their nearly non-existent customer service.

20. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies!

Jan 25, 2010
    PHL/NYC
    True that...
    Yet they cancel my auctions when I say "like new" and once because they said my shipping charge was too high! I don't get them...

21. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    ...But then you realized everyone knows precisely why they would do that. ;)