1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

High-end pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Beskyd, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Beskyd

Beskyd

May 23, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Can anyone give me hyperlinks or just some info about high-end pickup manufacturers? I'm not talking about best bang for a buck. One local luthier said that the best pups are those that are so called "broadband" fully shielded, that don't simply boost this or that frequency, but faithfully convey the voice of the instrument. Any clues?:confused:

2. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
  3. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
  4. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    ha, beat me to it. i was just going to reedit to mention delano. the le fays look interesting...i've contacted them. nice folks. i'd love to try a set.

5. You might want to look into TV Jones Thunder'trons... I haven't heard them myself, but I've heard good things about them. I recently had my guitars pickups replaced with TV Jones pickups and I am EXTREMELY happy with the results. I imagine his bass pickups are just as classy. I wish I could fit one in my Rivoli bass, I'd definitely buy one on faith alone!

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I want one! They ain't cheap tho and you gotta take into account that's just the bridge, I believe the preamp is separate.

7. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
  8. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned :http://www.q-tuner.com/ !

Natural sounding, extended range frequency response, low noise, user customizable string-by-string response via adjustable pole pieces.....

Lane Poors are also very nice if you can find them....

9. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Kent Armstrong makes some killer pickups too. Be careful though, most of the "Kent Armstrong" pickups are licensed copies made in China....not as good as the real thing.

10. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
  11. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    ummm Lane Poors

Qtuner
    Darkstar

12. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Banned