1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy crap you guys.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ynie92992, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ynie92992

ynie92992

Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    I was listening to music with in-ear earbuds a few minutes ago, but I was annoyed by the loose feeling in my ear. So naturally, I pushed the earbuds in a little bit more. then, suddenly, one fell out of my ear. After I searched the floor looking for one of the foam tips, I yawned or said something(i don't remember). That's when it struck me: That freaking thing is stuck deep in my ear! I looked in the mirror and couldn't see anything. I read that taking it out (or attempting to take it out) on your own can damage your ears, so now I'm about to go to the emergency room/urgent care. :mad:

2. Dude I wouldn't go to the emergency room, get a trusted friend/parent to do it really carefully with tweezers. That's all their going to do at the hospital anyway.

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Some patience and a pair of tweezers could probably save you some time & money.

4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    heh heh, I did the same thing with a plant seed when I was 4. Took 3 different doctors and about 5 hours of labor to get the thing out.

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    GO TO THE ER!!! Ya, theyre only going to do something that your mom or friend would do, but this way, if they screw up, you can sue the hospital. Would you rather accidently go deaf and have no money, or go deaf and have, potentially, a couple million.

I know that sounds shallow as all hell, but its your best bet. Plus, i dont know about you, but I wouldnt trust too many non professionals shoving crap down my ear.

6. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    When in doubt: ER.

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I hate earbuds.

[​IMG]

8. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Now, if only they said Bose on them.

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Either way you won't have to make that pesky decision of whether or not to go to the ER or have a "trusted" friend preform an at home earbud extraction.

FWIW I'd trust my wife with a procedure like that. They don't call her the surgeon for nothin ya know,....:ninja:

10. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I'd just do it myself. Like how I perform my own ingrown toenail operations.

11. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    ya, noise cancelling headphones FTMFW!

5.1 too, of course

12. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    she kills people with knives?

13. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    No, she removes vital organs, carefully, sews them back up, and releases them into the wild to die of some 'strange' complication.

14. ~memories of my daughter getting a good-sized pebble stuck up her nose~
    She blew it out just before I went into a panic.

15. Funniest thing I have read all week. They should say Grado on the side.

lowsound

16. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Fassa moved to North Carolina?

17. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California

lmao, what?

18. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    yeah man, when i was little i got 3 rocks stuck in my nose for a good part of the day. i was like 6 years old.

19. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    this made me lose it, new sig.

20. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Tweezers might work if it's not in too deep, but have you heard the old adage about never putting anything smaller than your elbow in your ear?

If you go to an urgent care facility they'll have an appropriately sized pair of forceps to do this properly and I'm certain the person doing the removal will know what they are doing.

I personally would not try and save a few bucks and risk a perforated ear drum doing this yourself or having a willing but inexperienced friend do it.