1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Honesty is key - Craigslist ad

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by monkeyland, Apr 17, 2021.

1. monkeyland

monkeyland

Jul 1, 2008
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Endorsing artist: Curt Mangan Strings, JH Audio
    Bass player for garage band - musicians

Bass player for garage band

I’m a half ass bass player with half ass equipment, looking for other half ass player to create some half ass music. I’ve played in pretty good bar bands. I’ve played in really good garage bands. I’m not looking for the drama or the egos that come with playing out. I just wanna have some fun

2. I aspire to reach that level.

G19Tony, danesdad, Mr_Moo and 43 others like this.
  3. Personally I can't imagine why anyone (besides beginners) would respond to that ad.

Geo Monty and Rabidhamster like this.
  4. monkeyland

monkeyland

Jul 1, 2008
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Endorsing artist: Curt Mangan Strings, JH Audio
    Right. It’s seems pretty obvious that it’s a joke but then again who knows

5. I agree it's probably a joke but there's something about ads like this that just turn me away.

Geo Monty and Marlon Carbone like this.
  6. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Really? First thing that comes to my mind is that band will be awesome. Fun minus drama, garage band. So basically The Ramones?

Next thing I am curious about, when I click the link it shows his location in the water. Is it a floating garage?

Mr_Moo, beatdatthang, Kro and 37 others like this.
  7. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Or maybe it’s by a serial killer, and he’s subconsciously letting you know you may end up sleeping with the fishes if you respond.

8. asparaguspee

asparaguspee

Sep 10, 2020
    Australia
    2 Half assed players should make some whole ass music. Can't wait for the album to drop.

9. Then you're obviously not the target audience for the ad. No drama, no egos, just fun? Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Mr_Moo, timplog, dSay and 52 others like this.
  10. S.F.Sorrow

S.F.Sorrow

Dec 6, 2014
    It certainly sounds a lot more fun than some of the bands I've been in... and also like a person it would be ok to hang out with. A refreshing change from the usual super egos. If I needed a band just for fun I would jump on that ASAP!:thumbsup:

Mr_Moo, dSay, TH63 and 20 others like this.
  11. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Self-esteem issues?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

12. baileyboy

baileyboy

Aug 12, 2010
    lots of half ass fun in his future

13. Admiral Akbar

Admiral Akbar

Mar 12, 2013
    New York
    Ha! Exactly. I could not seriously play with a musician whom refers to himself/herself as “half assed”. Beginner? Ok - because that implies there’s a goal to improve... but “half assed player with half assed gear”? Life is too short to waste time trying to make music with someone that is making an incomplete effort. I don’t care how much “fun” it is.

14. LP Custom

LP Custom

May 30, 2009
    Seems like an effective strategy :)

15. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Music is supposed to be fun, no?
    I think this guy gets that, and hope he finds some like- minded folks.

Mr_Moo, nateh415, Kro and 31 others like this.
  16. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    The band could be called "Left Cheek"

17. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    well, 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 so, it will be quarter-assed music. i'm not exactly sure what that is, but i know it when i hear it.

18. TreySonagras

TreySonagras

Aug 11, 2013
    Texas
    They won’t play songs fast. They’ll just play them half fast.

19. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    Or “Half Fast”

20. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    We all have different definitions of fun. To me fun is playing with top shelf musicians who know the music and put out a tight, professional project. To some fun is getting drunk and doing more talking and drinking than playing. Nothing wrong with either, just make sure you’re with like minded people.

Mr_Moo, nateh415, TH63 and 22 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021