1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How many basses do you own? (Currently) Part 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jan 23, 2013.

1. 1

710 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. 2

1,182 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. 3

1,209 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. 4

981 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. 5 to 9

2,020 vote(s)
    28.8%
  6. 10 to 20

672 vote(s)
    9.6%
  7. 21 +

177 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Too many to count

56 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. gsgbass

gsgbass "ROAD REX" Supporting Member

I just acquired this Fender Buttercream Player Jazz.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Doctor Intrepid

Doctor Intrepid

Dec 27, 2017
    What happened to your Hofner?

gsgbass likes this.
  3. gsgbass

The Hofner didn't play like a Jazz that I really prefer.

4. Doctor Intrepid

Doctor Intrepid

Dec 27, 2017
    So you sold the Hofner?

gsgbass likes this.
  5. gsgbass

Yes I did. I recently decided to go back to just playing one bass. The long scale Jazz feels, and plays better for me anymore.

6. Valsmere

Valsmere Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    Build4.

As of last night number four was completed. a Wormoth build only thing really left is to do a final set up. cool project, learned a lot.

Miles_ONeal and Nunovsky like this.
  7. braingrinder

braingrinder

Jul 21, 2019
    These are my babes:
    1.Yamaha Motion b (1987) - very comfortable vintage sounding bass .
    2.Oscar Schmidt OUB500 - great sounding small acoustic bass, when I got it I threw away my upright bass :)
    3. Warwick Thumb BO4 - amazing bass which I love very much but I keep it at home only for recording or practicing . I don't use it on stage because it's uncomfortable, heavy and has a massive neck dive !
    4. Squier Vintage Reissue Jazz Bass - for gigs and rehearsals
    IMG_0996. IMG_7306.

Ellery likes this.
  8. sandraupata

sandraupata

Jul 13, 2016
    Hi guys i just want to know who in here still own IBANEZ SR 1605 ??

9. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Lemme see..I'm now up to 7 basses. That is just silly for me. Back on page 67 I told about how I was so very happy for 27 years with just one bass. I wish I knew nothing about tone again. I wish I could be happy with my three little MTDs and dump all the other stuff into a river. I wish I had never bought a pedal... I remember when I didn't know what an envelope filter was. I miss that innocence.

I blame YOU, TalkBass!

Miles_ONeal, swink and BK bassist like this.
  10. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Dude. Not a fan of Deans myself, but the Space Invader inlays are the baddest of the baddest asses!

Miles_ONeal likes this.
  11. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Currently count 11: One Rickenbacker, two Waterstone 12 string basses, six Hofners, and two Epiphones.

Doctor Intrepid likes this.
  12. MatchFive

MatchFive Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2019
    Currently just one, but I just got back into playing bass..

13. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

14. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    I've been filtering through my basses for the last months & it's going a little better than expected. Here's a list of all the basses i had in recent times:

Squier J bass affinity - modded with a push pull for series/parallel switching. Sold to a friend of mine who needed a bass of his own.
    Eastwood Precision bass Copy - countless mods/fixes to it, main studio bass, owned since 2009.
    Parts off white precision bass - Duncan hot for P pups, high mass bridge, fender cbs keys. Main Bass since 2013.
    Squier Precision bass special - pieced together & modded. Considering handing this one over to my drummer.
    Epiphone Thunderbird Goth - gutted, modified. Will most likely be given to a friend who's mixing my band's album.
    Dan armstrong plexi copy bass - I built a short scale neck for it, & am moding the body slightly. Perhaps handing it over to my good friend Jay.
    P/J thunderbird - Home built, single killswitch, emg active pups, reverse split p pup.
    Ripper bass replica - home built, Wilde L90 pickups, bolt on construction.
    Eb-2D bass replica - home built, set neck, flat top semi hollow bass. inspired by Eb-2D & hagstrom viking. Guitar blade humbuckers. 32" scale
    SuperNova bass - Home built, vintage 60's Ibanez short scale neck. Painted by my best friend, Tv jones power'tron pickup direct wired to output
    Trip Bass VI - Home built, 30" scale, guitar humbucker wired to a 3 way voice selector for bass boost, standard, bass cut. Labella 26-95 round
    Maya Grabber copy - found used in a defunct shop 2 years ago, original case. Natural finish
    Tele bass - Home built, using old parts around home that i collected. Gave it to my Green day tribute's guitarist, Jeff. White finish, maple neck.
    Grabber G3 replica - home built, 3 jazz bass pickups, yellow stained, wooden pickguard, Will be given to Jeff.
    Fiesta Precision bass copy - given to me by a friend, who didn't want to keep it. Single mini bucker pickup. Swapped old parts, will pass it on to another friend of mine who's looking for a bass.
    Logical RIC bass - Copy, mod with push-pull for modern/vintage circuit.
    Ibanez GaxB - second bass ever owned when i was a kid. 32" scale, great noodling bass.
    Active offset Pbass - home built, active circuit based off the yamaha bb1200s & built by a former work collegue (who also built my op-amp muff fuzz).

Pretty extensive list, those in bold are the ones that are either given/sold to people i know that can use them more than I do. Though i still get to play em here & there :) from 18 total, down to 11. Pretty decent, considering i've got 6 guitars along with this.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  15. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    Currently 5.... from oldest to newest:

Ibanez SR 506, 6-string
    Ibanez ATK 305, 5-string
    Rickenbacker 4003
    Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5
    ESP LTD B2055M-FL, fretless 5-string

scottm likes this.
  16. NitroBass

NitroBass

Feb 19, 2014
    Had 6, but trimmed it back to 4. Easier to keep them strung and maintained. I secretly yearn to own one bass that does everything for me, that I can beat to hell.

Chris Szatny likes this.
  17. Definitely the purpose of these threads is for us to justify our collections showing others. "Look at this guy, he has 26 bases and 4 uprights. What I have is nothing..."

Andii Syckz and Doctor Intrepid like this.
  18. I believe "most" bass players seek that 1 special bass that can do it all whereas guitar players like to have specific guitars for certain sounds they need even when they have a plethora of pedals. I have had so many basses through the years but ultimately I've always tried to narrow them down to what gets the job done for me. If you have a large collection, I can see justification for that too...hey, basses are great...the more the merrier. I currently have only 3. My main axe of choice for gigs/studio work is my Lakland 55-94 deluxe. It can handle pretty much everything...and does it very well. I have a Fender pro series jazz V with rosewood fretboard as standby. And 3rd, a bass I believe every bass player should have at least one of, a trusty P bass...Fender pro series Precision 4 string with flatwounds. This works for me. It all depends on what you like to play and what you feel does the job for you. It's all good.

NitroBass likes this.
  19. Felix Lopez

Felix Lopez

May 15, 2018
    4514BF15-2EFD-4D2F-AB9F-1BDC3A1AEA37.

20. I feel the same. Keeping the basses I own to the bare minimum(3) allows me to keep them in perfect working order and also actually use them instead of them just taking up space and collecting dust. I find it easier(and cheaper)to keep up with string changes and setups. I found my "holy grail" of basses(Lakland 55-94 deluxe 5 string)and it's my "does it all" axe. But I do love to grab my 4 string Fender P with flats when doing Motown & Stax Label material.

NitroBass likes this.