How many times have you been married?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Thank you!

JRA likes this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I gotta ask.
    Is she aware she's referred to as 'seahag'?:D

blastoff99, JRA and slobake like this.
  3. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Don't know about the others here but there is no earthly way I should have stayed married all these years. I was 10 months clean and sober when I started dating the beautiful women that would become my wife. I was 29 years old but had the maturity of a teenager. People told her to dump me and they were right in a lot of ways. I have always loved her deeply and that has gotten deeper over the years, maybe it is love and a power greater than ourselves that that has kept us together and still growing.
    The first time I saw her, I nudged my best friend and said "That's the one for me, right there." Had some competition but she chose me. Could be because I threatened to beat the crap out of her other suitors. :D Almost did once, she had to intervene. I'm not a fighter or a tough guy but I am fearless when it comes to her.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

if we are learning, as we live this existence: having multiple relationships/marriages isn't much different than having just one. i.e., we end up in about the same place...with about as many regrets (and successes!). it's not them (the other)...it's us.

5. slobake

s&a2.JPG

arlene and I - Copy.jpg

6. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    That's messed up, I thought you were Columbo. :/

DirtDog likes this.
  7. slobake

It was Halloween, I was in disguise.

JRA and Bassbeater like this.
  8. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I'm not sure how I figure in to the equation but Married 2 times divorced one time, but going to remarry the one I divorced :) I guess it was a relationship time out. Much like Twofingers, she completely wrecks me with a smile. She swears she is the lucky one. The gal is NUTS but I love her so much that words fail me.

The Ghost and Mrs. Carol :D

Us.png

Attached Files:

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    No doubt.

You know my style well enough to know I'm a goofball. I have a cute line for everything. But when you get me talking about the three ladies in my life (my bride and our daughters) I stop keeping score on cool points and turn into a blathering fool just "blah blah blah" straight from the heart. I am all about that woman. Stick a fork in me. I'm done. :D

The fact that I get to bask in her glow is proof that God has grace. Cuz I don't deserve it. :cool:

the harp unstrung, Oddly and slobake like this.
  10. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Once. Been together 35 years.

the harp unstrung likes this.
  11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Anyone have the woman propose to them (for a straight couple)?

12. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

My gal walked into my 2nd Job ( Napa Auto Parts ) with a rose and a note. That was how we became "us". It was a date request for the 4th of July fireworks show at Cal Expo.

That show with her is one of my favorite memories ever.

She said she got tired of waiting for me ( I had ZERO clue she felt that way about me.. we were best friends through high school! I'm kind of an idiot :D )

13. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    Felix Papalardi was only married once.

14. Maybe this article written by a women answers my own question.

Dating a Musician? I Recommend Bass Players

15. just the one, 11 years long so far. She's really a trooper.

16. parker 71

parker 71

Dec 23, 2009
    Serbia
    First time it lasted 7 days..
    But my second marriage goes pretty strong, it's gonna be 20 years in october

17. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Once. 28 years ago today actually. There's been some up ups and downs but we're still together.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

North Bay Lovin! :)

19. There have been two women foolhardy enough to marry me. The first marriage lasted almost 14 years. The second one has passed the six year mark, although it doesn't seem nearly that long.

the harp unstrung and Oddly like this.
  20. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    His wife murdered him when he started an extramarital affair.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021