1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How to maximize your potential with minimal effort.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Rev J, Oct 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    Step 1) Move away from the computer.
    Step 2) Sit on the couch.
    Step 3) Do nothing.

Once you are sitting on the couch doing nothing potentially you could be doing anything, including playing bass, splitting the atom, discovering the meaning of life literally you could be doing anything and the potential of what you could be doing is limitless. At the same time you are putting no effort into maximizing your potential. Once you actually do something you are limiting your potential because you are limiting the amount of things you could potentially be doing.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Tell us something we didn't already know. Fulfilling...your potential is what takes the effort and dedication. ;):thumbsup:

BassChuck likes this.
  3. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    Actualizing and fulfilling ARE the hard part. I'm just spoofing meaningless self help phrases.

C/S,
    Rev J

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Ouuu i like this! So, i shouldn't feel guilty about not going to work, & just wanting to sit by and stare out the window like a cat all day? "Sorry boss, but i won't be in today ... I'm busy maximizing my potential." :)

5. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    You're not very good at this. You're supposed to talk about how easy it is to maximize your potential once you know the 3 easy steps, which you reveal in your book for only $29.95.

6. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    Exactly! And he'll give you a big thumbs up thinking that you are more hard working and ambitious than you are.

Actually the thing is it starts with the $29.95 book. Then it is giving 3 day seminars at Airport Hiltons and charging extra for Chotchkies like autographed copies of the book, a totebag, a coffee mug and a 5 CD set of my lecture.

C/S,
    Rev J

7. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    +1. ;)

8. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    I should read some Body Building magazines to get more of these meaningless phrases to spoof. Next I'll tell you about the J.U.I.C.E.

C/S,
    Rev J

9. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    You would have an unlimited future, but a very limited present.

10. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    Remember, Just Use your Imagination to Confuse Everyone.

C/S,
    Rev J