1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I hate my life at this point in time.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DRN-PWNS, Apr 25, 2009.

1. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    Well today was a horrible day for me, I tripped over my sisters wii, I knocked it off the table and it broke, I then drove out to the store to replace it for her, when i got their i got a flat tire. No big deal right? its only raining and -10 C out side, I swapped tires and when inside bought the wii walked back to my car, then proceeded to Guitar works to play some of the basses their. To my amazement they had a Fender bigblock p-bass! brand new that no one had bought, Then i realized i couldn't afford it because of that damn wii. Walking out of the store disappointing i get a phone call. I answer it it was my boss calling me to let me know that they were taking me off the schedule until September, maybe longer if things did not pick up. This means that I am going to have to cancel my ACG bass, Even though i only need to save another $400, This means that well Im broke for a long time as well. Standing in the snow/rain in the parking lot i then realized that some ass wipe had backed into my car while i was inside guitar works taking my entire back bumper with them. All in all i say pretty bad day.

2. MoSlevin

MoSlevin

Aug 11, 2007
    Tough break - sorry to hear that. And sorry to hear that you're also by the sounds of it, stuck in southern Alberta.

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    im sorry to hear for your misfortune today. i hope things start to get better man.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Wheww, that is a rough one. But, even though you may not realise it now, in the grand scheme of things, it's just one day. I'm on hiatus from my job as well, hoping to return in July, but it might be alot longer. Still, life is what you make of it, and it can always get better.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    wow. the universe hates you at the moment.

6. sorry to hear of your misfortunes. it will all get better. out of somethin bad comes somethin good.

7. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    The real problem is that I have no money due to the whole tripping over my sisters wii and getting my tire fixed. The other problem is that my car is a write off due to age.

8. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Wow dude. That BLOWS. Just don't drown it in drugs and alcohol :D

9. I say you best get your butt in church buster, cause you sure ain't doing something right.

10. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    dude that just sucks....

but don't view the glass as half empty, but half full......

think about all the time you will have to play and practice, and hey you can always collect un-employment benefits...or do they have those in Canada?

maybe there is a better job around the corner as well as a better bass!

11. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Sister's Wii can be replaced, you can get another job, the bass can wait....the car sounds like it was on its' last legs. All in all a completely miserable series of events arriving at once. Is there a bright side......doesn't seem like it now but one day there will be.
    Dust yourself off...step up to the plate and try dealing with these things one at a time. For me that's the only way to do it.

12. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    car was far from its last legs. infact i just got the engine redone

13. BruceofBruce

BruceofBruce

Feb 28, 2008
    Boston MAss!
    Dude that sucks donkey balls.

here's a little phrase that remindes me of prespective when life is sucking pretty bad for me.

"chances are you will sleep indoors tonight.
    that and no bodies shooting at us...well as of this moment,let see what the future holds"

14. bannock

bannock

Apr 25, 2009
    ****** man. a few days ago some idiot took off my bumper and i just replaced it yesterday. today i was at the store, came out to see the whole passenger sided scrached to **** and my side mirror taken off. i kinda know how you feel on the vehicle part :(

15. bob965

bob965

Sep 1, 2007
    Stick the broken Wii in the box and take it back to the store.

16. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Washington DC,Silver Spring,MD
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Please remember that bad things happen to good people. Like Job. To the OP I have had my hours reduced as a result of the economy. Just leaves more time for playing bass.

17. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Check with your insurance to see what they'll pay. If it's zero then by rights they will issue you with a cheque for what it's worth should you decide to go that route. If you need a new bumper and want to do it on the cheap then call around the scrapyards and pick one up or by a jobber and get a body guy to put it on. Either way it sounds like it's worth making right.....right?

18. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    You've got nowhere to go but up

19. mightypog

mightypog

Apr 21, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    +1.
    Hope the damn weather by you improves along with everything else. I'll be up there in a couple days.
    Are there no other jobs at all by you? If so, I sure hope you get one. Sucks to cancel a bass. Hang in there!

20. Damn dude. That all sucks.

Well when life gives you lemons, cut them up and squeeze the juice in life's stupid eyes!!! That'll teach 'em!!