1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

iAMP users

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bassbuddy, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Do any of you use the contour buttons for URB, and if so which one(s)? I tend to favor contour 2 for slab, and have become so used to it that I use it for URB as well, which may or may not be the best thing.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Haven't had a chance to try this setting at a gig yet, but at home, this setting sounds great for me (through a Wizzy):

Contour 1 engaged, Lo and Lo Mid flat, Hi Mid -2.5 @ 880, Hi -5 @ 1k.

Works well for my NS Cleveland ply w/Revolution Solo, and my mutant '39 Kay w/BassMax

3. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    When I used my iamp with the DB I never used any EQ at all. I used a Raven Labs PMBII for preamping the pickup and would occasionally roll some bass down with it but have always thought the iAmp sounded best flat.

On Fretted basses I used the deep button. The contours sounded interesting solo but didn't do much for me on the gig.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I occassionally use the Deep and Bright switches, but I do not use Contour 1 or 2 with either electric or double bass.

Tom.

5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music (retired)
    I have used and like the Deep and Contour II presets, but use neither regularly and never have used any with URB.

6. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    I prefer running the EA flat for my DB too. I bypass the EQ section.

For my Lakland Bob Glaub w/ flatwounds, I use the Contour 1 button (or a SansAmp BDDI). With my PRS fretless, I like the Deep button.

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Since I posted my settings the other day, I installed a new set of Innovation Super Silvers on my NS Cleveland and that setup sounds better completely flat through my iAmp. They have a more organic tone than the Obligatos I was using before.