Iron Ether Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jared Lash, Oct 7, 2011.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

At first I would have suggested that it was the Resonance control because that's the easy one to use to drive feedback, but I'd agree with the assessment about the output level of the filter. Maxed out would definitely do SOMETHING to whatever is downstream. If you're not going to mix the clean signal, then at least start by turning the filter volume all the way down, then click the pedal on and off and compare the clean level and the effect level until you get them balanced.

gonzkal and Charlie Tuna like this.
  2. glocke1

glocke1 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    PA

Thanks. Problem is I think the filter knob probably was at noon when it happened and that its current position was after doing some frantic knob turning trying to fix it.

I clearly need to mess around with my rig more to nail this down.

HolmeBass likes this.
  3. Woah! Too long away from the Effects forum!

Let’s see... Xero Dlx 2, Subterranea, Polytope, Oxide, and FMeron.

I will take a number for sure.

4. revd

revd Gold Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2020
    I just got this from IE website (apologies for the huge pic, I don't know how to make it smaller)

19F17936-EEF1-45F4-9281-8DA7707010B3.png

5. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I think that's security feature of Chrome. I had the same popup appear, and I just followed it through to the Iron Ether website.

6. revd

Apr 11, 2020
    On my iPhone currently that mesqge came from Safari, same in Chrome, Firefox just refuses to load at all.

7. teopatl

teopatl Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Falls Church, VA
    It's weird. Chrome on my Android loads the site without a complaint, and sslshopper shows the cert and trust chain as valid. Apple apparently disagrees, although I can load other GoDaddy sites fine.

8. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Everything seems right with the SSL cert from what I can see, but I'll keep looking into this and see if I can figure out why you're seeing that.

9. thumbslapper

thumbslapper Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2007
    San Francisco
    it looks like you have a intermediate cert pointing to the same intermediate cert instead of hte root cert:

Carls-MBP:scripts carlstanley$ openssl s_client -connect ironether.com:443 | openssl x509 -noout -issuer
    depth=3 C = US, O = "The Go Daddy Group, Inc.", OU = Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority
    verify return:1
    depth=2 C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", CN = Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2
    depth=1 C = US, ST = Arizona, L = Scottsdale, O = "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", OU = Repository, CN = Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2
    depth=0 OU = Domain Control Validated, CN = ironether.com
    issuer= /C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com, Inc./OU=http://certs.godaddy.com/repository//CN=Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2

the ironether.com cert (depth=0) points to the intermediate "CN=Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2" which is good, but that should link/point to the Go Daddy root cert, not the intermediate G2 cert again.

also getting a non-response 2 out of 3 times, so may be some server issues there as well.

i'm pretty sure this is right, but cert config lives in a magical mysterious world, so maybe a small sacrifice or burning some dried sage would help...

10. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    The Xerograph Deluxe is in stock at the IE shop!

11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So tempted to buy one and sell my existing one since I really like that finish.

Charlie Tuna, Matt Dean and kranahan like this.
  12. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    What's your old one look like? I may be interested as I prefer the older finishes.

cosmicevan and Matt Dean like this.
  13. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I think they do look boss!

cosmicevan likes this.
  14. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a silver deluxe one. Black writing that's a bit distressed

kranahan likes this.
  15. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow, they already sold out

kranahan and kazuhank like this.
  16. leamdav

leamdav Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Frankfort, IL
    When did these pedals get so hard to get? There are almost none on the used market. Only three years ago I feel like you could have gotten them no problem.

17. AVFCbass

AVFCbass

Jan 12, 2021
    Might just have been a one off, extra, or a return.

18. revd

Apr 11, 2020
    And the website is still blocked on my phone...

19. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Cause there’s nothing else like’em.

bassgeek and leamdav like this.
  20. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Site working fine for me. Yep, the Xero Dlx is simply a fantastic pedal and unlike many filters, plays well with other effects in front of it. Mine is a permanent fixture, no doubt.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021