1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 7, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I had a blast watching it! I loved it because it is a fun movies that does not take itself seriously. Heavy, brooding superhero movies remind me too much of 13 year old who think they are "mature." A superhero movie that is a fantasy suits me just fine.

I thought having Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury was too cool! Scarlett Johansson was awesome! She really came off as a believable bad@$$, and the totally destroyed some dresses and catsuits too.:D

It's got some cuss words, but I don't think my kids were scarred for life. My wife even thought it was pretty neat.:)

2. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    /nerd Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy, as the Ultimate (which is an alternate/re-imagined/back-to-basics version of the Marvel Universe and a basis for a large chunk of the Marvel movie material in general) version of Nick Fury is based directly on Sam Jackson.

3. He is one of the main reasons I want to see the movie. Jeff Bridges in the first one was scarily awesome.

Also, I need a Samuel L. Jackson/Nick Fury action figure to go with my Jeff Bridges/Obidiah Stane/Ironmonger action figure on top of my bass amp.

4. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Iron Man (along with Green Lantern and ROM spaceknight) were my fave comics growing up...good to know this holds up with the first movie, which I loved...

I am just psyched to see War Machine in action...is good?

And re: Nick Fury, dig on Sam Jackson tho I wasn't the biggest Avengers fan...(I know, sacrilege)

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I haven't seen it yet but it seems like they've once again done a great job with casting between Jackson, Mickey Rourke and Scarlett. Not to mention Don Freaking Cheadle!

Apparently one of my fourth graders skipped school today (with parent permission since his dad called in to say "he's not feeling well") to go see the movie. Way to go, mom and dad. :rolleyes:

bc

6. Understatement of the year!

Oh the things I'd do . . . .

Excellent film. If you liked the first one I'm sure you'll like this one.

All the characters were ace.

I didn't like that they went from Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle. That is nothing to do with either actor, I just didn't like the inconsistancy!

Also liked all the things which were implied in the film regarding future releases ;) .

Oh, and there's an Average White Band tune in it. Mon' the Dundee Funk!

Tom Morello also put some work in on the musical score for Iron Man 2 :).

(did anyone notice his cameo in the first Iron Man flick ? )

Awesome film, one of the best I've seen this year.

7. War Machine is good in it.

I liked how they implied he was going to be in Iron Man 2, during the first Iron Man, with the whole "maybe next time" bit :)

8. I haven't seen it yet but I like the fact that this movie has Tony Stark revelling in being a superhero. Not snivelling and crying and tormented. At least from the reviews I have read.

Always loved the IM comics when I was growing up.

9. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Great movie. A lot better than the first one.

10. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I want to see the movie but am kind of annoyed they got rid of the black guy from the first movie who is his military friend. Now they have some other black guy named Don. He reminds me of "The Ladies Man" from SNL for some reason and doesn't look a thing like the last black guy so it ruins the character for me.

11. That really is the one thing that bugged be about the flick.

But...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scarlett-Johansson-as-Black-Widow-in-Iron-Man-2-iron-man-9264402-1280-853.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bag:

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    well, considering Terrence Howard, the "original" Rhody was being a prick about his payscale for IM2 (he even got paid more than Robert Downey Jr. to appear in IM1....) and other issues such as him being a bit of a prima donna on set the first time around, I'm glad they replaced him...Cheadle is MORE than competent to step into the shoes...

Were you bothered when they replaced Kate Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhall in the Dark Knight? I knda was, but it's more about the character than the actor in this case...by that same token, it wouldn't work if they replaced Downey....I mean really, Rhody's character had all of 5-6 minutes of screen time in IM1...and 2 of that he was acting drunk...poorly.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Cheadle is simply an amazing actor. If Don Cheadle is in the movie I couldn't care less that he replaced some other guy or that they don't look alike. He's currently working on a Miles Davis flick BTW.

bc

14. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Yeah, in the vernacular of the WWE, "Terrence Howard screwed Terrence Howard."

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It was ok. It wasn't jaw dropping spectacular IMO. It was just a good entertaining flick.

16. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I didn't know that. The way that I found out about Don Cheadle replacing Howard was an interview that Howard did. He claimed that a contract had already been signed and terms agreed to and he was training for the new movie when the movie people called him and said they were firing him in favor of Don Cheadle. According to Howard, he didn't know why because he claimed he never had any issues with anyone and was surprised by the move. But I guess there is two sides to every story.

17. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dude, that's pretty interesting...so completely 180 from what I read back over a year ago... interesting....hmmmm.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Is the same blond lady in this one from the first one, his assistant?

-Mike

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Missus Paltrow-Coldplay? Yes.

20. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Seeing it in about an hour. Should be good.