1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jxxxxx from Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mellowinman, Jun 4, 2014.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Got this email:

Hey there Richard, how are you?
    I just wanted to send you an email and make sure the Lee Oskar E major Harmonica you bought is working out all right. Hopefully you were satisfied with it and are enjoying it to it's full potential.

And if you don't have a Guitar Center card, come on in and get one today. We have 18-months no interest on many select products in the store for the month of June. If your item doesn't qualify, we have 12-months no interest going on EVERYTHING else in the store. It only takes a couple minutes to fill out the application!

If you have any questions or comments about anything, feel free to email me or contact me at the store at the number below. Have a great day Richard!

Jxxxx Pxxxxx
    Sales/Assistant Manager
    Guitar Center Fort Wayne, #623
    422 W. Coliseum Blvd.
    Fort Wayne, IN 46805
    260-483-7770

How'd we do? Let us know here:
    www.guitarcenter.com/openears

We respect your privacy and how you’d like us to communicate with you. Click the link below to manage how we contact you, including an option to unsubscribe from future emails. http://www.em.guitarcenter.com/unsub/EmailOptOut.aspx
    Guitar Center, Inc. 5795 Lindero Canyon Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362-4013, USA

Find my Guitar Center profile at:

(redacted so Jxxxxxxx's name isn't involved)

Here is my reply:

Freak.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Dug2 likes this.
  2. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    He's just doing his job. It's not like he wants to email you.

3. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga
    Yeah. Happens usually when you buy something there.

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    SOMEONE HAS PUT A GUN TO JXXXXXX'S HEAD, AND FORCE HIM TO SEND ME EMAILS????

WE HAVE TO PUT A STOP TO THIS!!!!

FREEDOM!!!

FREEDOM!!!

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I could start buying something somewhere else. That would show him.

6. letsrumble

letsrumble

May 23, 2010
    I know this guy named Richard,
    He's my red-necked friend...

7. Choose....
    Your....
    Battles.

SanDiegoHarry and hover like this.
  8. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Smart, given they work on commission.

Minus points for the several grammatical errors and faux-pas.

9. Sounds like an automated email to survey customer experience. Nothing to get your panties in a knot over.

10. oerk

oerk

Oct 16, 2009
    Bavaria
    Yep. And even if it wasn't automated, it's not like he's done anything that warrants insulting him.

Ignore, and move on.

RandalPinkFloyd likes this.
  11. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    Don't feel bad, I get two of everything from GC. I've shopped there for stuff and wifey bought me a birthday gift there so now we both get emails and all manner of snail mail spam. If all you are getting is the occasional email consider yourself lucky.

If it's that big a deal, I bet a phone call would get you off their list.

12. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    How's the harmonica?

13. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I disagree.

He has sent me an unsolicited spam email. And my insult was pretty mild.

I helped out HIS business by purchasing something from him, instead of online, or at a competing store.

His opening line?

Hey there Richard, how are you? is overly familiar. I am his customer, and that line shows serious disrespect. He should have said:

Hello, Gifted Musician and Respected, even Revered Customer Mr. Richard Davidson. I hope you are well. In fact, your happiness and well-being is the one thing that makes my life worth living. If I suspected for even a moment you were less than 100% satisfied, I would most likely lock myself in the garage with the motor running.

Would that be so hard?

Then he has the GALL to say,

I just wanted to send you an email and make sure the Lee Oskar E major Harmonica you bought is working out all right. Hopefully you were satisfied with it and are enjoying it to it's full potential.

How dare he. This sounds like an insult of my harp playing. I am in no way capable of enjoying any harp, much less a Lee Oskar E major to its full potential. My notes from Sugar Blue instruct me to do a 2 1/2 note bend. Can any of you do a 2 1/2 note bend? I'm lucky when I do a 1/2 step bend, and make it sound good. 2 1/2 notes? On a Lee Oskar E? I would have to blow until I'm blue in the face seven days a week for thirteen years to even get to 1 1/2 steps. Jxxxxxx has all these hopes for my progress. Well, what does he even know about me? This all seems overly familiar, and quite frankly, rude. On a lower harp, such as a G, for example, I might have more success with some of the bends I am after, but this E? I suspect Jxxxxxx doesn't know what he's talking about.

Thisguy and wrecksE like this.
  14. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    How do you pronounce Jxxxxxxx?

15. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    The guy's name is in one of those links you posted.

16. Helaskold

Helaskold 100% Mediocre

Jul 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, we're supposed to send those emails to everybody we sell to but I only send them to customers I actually conversed/connected with and they typically seem to be pleased about it... partially because I am lazy and partially to avoid situations like this.

Tennesseemick likes this.
  17. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Get a pair of side cutters and cut your internet cable. That'll show him. Might even get him fired.

RandalPinkFloyd, Arvin and SirMjac28 like this.
  18. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    If you didn't like this don't buy from Sweetwater because you'll get five of those a day plus phone calls.

petrus61, tbz and NicJimBass like this.
  19. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Here is the real secret. Create an email account you never use and post that for anything you don't want to receive spam from.
    I have one that is just for people I know and one that is only for spam. I go in about very 3 months and delete everything.

meteor likes this.
  20. You Won't Believe This Bass Player's Response to Guitar Center's Email!

Tennesseemick, EricssonB and hover like this.