1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

leave clip-on tuner on while performing?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Killed_by_Death, Jan 9, 2021.

1. never

2. sometimes

3. always

4. I don't carrot all!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WillyWonka

WillyWonka I "heart" pointy headstocks Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I have seen album covers with them on instruments, kinda low class.

I have a pedal tuner for live

Giffro likes this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Especially if you're on televi-zee-own:

giphy.gif

Giffro and stigbeve like this.
  3. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

So what you're saying is once you learn how to tune your bass,you should never ever have to tune up again?

4. I play seated (Hey - I'm old!) and use a BOSS TU3 tuner on the floor on my Pedaltrain Nano, which is probably their smallest board, so I'm the only one who can see it. My bass stays in tune very well. I can very easily adjust the pitch during songs. What I have happen more often is my battery goes out on the last song but I just pull the Vol knob up and I'm passive. Love all this technology!

Giffro likes this.
  5. WillyWonka

Dec 10, 2019
    I have the luthier at Guitar Center tune mine up when I have them change the strings.

6. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

"Luthier"and "Guitar Center" are mutually exclusive terms.
    You can have one,or the other.
    But not both together!
    jej.gif

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    WillyWonka likes this.
  7. WillyWonka

Dec 10, 2019
    there, fixed it..

Giffro, Winslow and gebass6 like this.
  8. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    The only Snarky thing in my house is the missus when she's hungry and she never turns off.

WillyWonka likes this.
  9. stigbeve

stigbeve

Sep 24, 2014
    I'm with you. If I was performing on the televi-zee-own I would not want that on my instrument.

10. Gordon Mills

Gordon Mills

Apr 26, 2020
    I leave mine on whenever my bass is out of the case. I never have to look for it later. If someone doesn't like it... shag 'em!

mexicant and Winslow like this.
  11. ccfalkner

ccfalkner

Sep 19, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Why so many pictures of Khruangbin? Are we really needing more facts, or just more views of Laura Lee?

DTRN and Winslow like this.
  12. pocket_groover

pocket_groover Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    And then there's the Conn strobe tuner. I worked in a music store when I was in high school and they had one of these. I think you might have to hang it on the headstock :roflmao:

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2011
    At practice I leave it on all the time. No reason not to. On stage I turn it around backwards so the display is behind the head where no one can see it but me. That way if I forget to take it off between sets it still won't show. Mine's pretty stable so I don't have to tune much. Besides, who gets to play these days? I'm sick of CoVid!!

mexicant and Cernnunos like this.
  14. therumour

therumour

Jan 5, 2014
    While I don't perform live anymore, I would guess that in a live setting there would be way too much ambient noise to really be effective. Certainly not as effective as a pedal or rack tuner using cabled input only...

15. danbones

danbones

Sep 24, 2017
    Los Angeles
    i still think they look totally amateur.

16. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    To all you insecure about leaving it on or not, audience won't even know what is that thing, they might think it's some sort of camera if it's one of those big things.. if it's that planet waves tiny one, they won't even notice so no worries... Better looking amateur than actually sounding amateur because your instrument went out of tune.

17. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

FFS, if the look of one bothers you, cover it with flowers...
    DD4198BA-5E57-4558-96DC-718B5BD121A1.jpeg
    (but I wouldn’t stand so close to Phil Spector)

18. Me too.

19. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    What's funny is that when I did a search on "Khruangbin," 95% of the results that came back were pictures of Laura Lee. :roflmao:

StereoPlayer likes this.
  20. robassable

robassable Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 8.29.54 AM.png
    I think they look really cool on stage so I clip 'em all on.

vvvmmm, danbones, S-Bigbottom and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021