Led Zeppelin Nashville Style

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gmarcus, Jun 22, 2021.

1. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    This is absolutely mind blowing!
    Robert Plant - Robert Plant: Ramble On ft. Robert Plant, Patty Griffin, Buddy Miller

The bass player breaths new life into one of the best grooves in rock and Robert Plant is better than ever.

iammr2, 4stringsjack, design and 39 others like this.
  2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Can’t wait to get home and listen through some real speakers. Thanks for sharing this.

edencab and gmarcus like this.
  3. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    It is a treat! Gives me chills

HolmeBass and OldDog52 like this.
  4. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    That's insanely good. Mr. Plant and each instrument stands out in the mix and the bassist hits exactly the right notes. ;) Thanks for sharing.

HolmeBass and gmarcus like this.
  5. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Love it.

6. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    What a band!
    Darrell Scott (one of my favourite singer/songwriters) on bouzouki.
    Byron House on bass...had to look him up, quite the resume, definitely someone I'll be listening to more of.
    Buddy Miller too...Always a guarantee of good music happening when you see him in the line-up.

7. marchone

marchone Since 1951 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    Wow. That made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

HolmeBass and gmarcus like this.
  8. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks for calling out the band members. I didn't know who they were. Darrell Scott really blew my mind with that solo. He just pulled everyone into a mystical place. Even brought the old wails out of Robert!

9. Low Down Brown

Low Down Brown

Jan 8, 2018
    Erf
    Man yeah! That is slammin!

10. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    awesome! I saw Robert Plant live in 2019, and he did a similar rendition, and it was so cool to hear in person!

gmarcus and Loring like this.
  11. Love this version!

12. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

nice!

13. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Byron House (on the red P-Bass in the OP's YouTube clip) is a fantastic player... just perfect in the Band of Joy back in 2010-2011.

Plant always does superb Zeppelin arrangements on his solo tours. He's absolutely brought it each time I've seen him live... same with Austin City Limits. Plant's not afraid to divert from the original, especially with instrumentation. Love it!

HolmeBass and Loring like this.
  14. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    And by the way, how great is it that Byron House is playing an Eden 4x10 rig on this? No telling what other toys were in his signal chain hitting the mix in the video... but I totally dig that for mellow, melodic, 70s tunes, this guy is playing through a rig that many associate a more modern sound and would instantly think is the wrong rig for the gig.

Yes, those "modern" rigs have these things called KNOBS on them! :cool:

31HZ likes this.
  15. burpgun

burpgun

Jun 29, 2015
    Robert Plant has had such a great post Zeppelin career and I for one am glad he resisted Page's urging to reform the band. As for the paucity of Page's output after Zeppelin, I'll never understand that one. It seems like Plant has two bands now: Band of Joy for the more traditional stuff and the Shape Shifters gang for more futuristic stuff. The latter band has Bill Fuller on bass, who also plays in a Krautrock-esque band with Geoff Barrow of Portishead fame called Beak. Not for everyone but they do interesting stuff and Fuller's a guy who you know can play really well but holds back, which I appreciate.

16. smtp4me

smtp4me

Sep 30, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA
    Great stuff, but the bass player has violated one of the fundamental rules of TB - he's got the P bass and flats, but forgot Tort.

HardNHeavy, Loring and Queue like this.
  17. ellipsis

ellipsis Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Considering that he's 72 and spent a lifetime screaming for a living, Plant's voice sounds amazing.

18. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Sounds great! Would love to see them live.

It’s be great to have JPJ join in this.

Loring likes this.
  19. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Dang. This is really great. Thanks for sharing

Loring and jmattbassplaya like this.
  20. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Wow, that was fantastic. I've liked the way Plant has worked up new arrangements of Led Zeppelin songs.

HolmeBass and Loring like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021